- Better weather conditions help some Montana firefighters Updated: Aug-30-15 9:19 pm
HELENA, Montana - Light rain dampened some wildfires in far western Montana on Sunday, while other fires closer to the central part of the state continued to spread and threaten rural residences.
- Smoke affecting high school sports schedules Updated: Aug-28-15 4:40 pm
HELENA, Montana - Poor air quality due to forest fires in the West has led to the cancellation, postponement and relocation of several high school football games.
- Bozeman hit-and-run suspect pleads not guilty Updated: Aug-27-15 10:26 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - A Bozeman man accused of striking and critically injuring a 72-year-old pedestrian with his vehicle has pleaded not guilty to the charges against him.
- Body of missing man found in Gallatin County Updated: Aug-25-15 7:28 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Gallatin County authorities have found the body of a 51-year-old Australian man who had been reported missing.
- A story you couldn't make up: A traveler, an alpaca and guns Updated: Aug-22-15 9:37 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - "I'm a bard and I'm a warrior," says "Tinker" D'Harra, sitting outside the Pump & Pak Cenex on North Seventh Avenue.
- Montana Democrats retained their current state party leaders Updated: Aug-16-15 1:17 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Montana Democrats have retained their current state party leaders.
- MSU research spending dips slightly to $106.9 million Updated: Aug-15-15 3:59 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Research spending at Montana State University slowed slightly in the past year to $106.9 million.
- Bozeman man convicted of assault faces new felony charges Updated: Aug-11-15 5:07 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - A Bozeman man who was convicted of an attack on a female acquaintance will face a new felony charge in a December trial.
- Correction: Livestock Disease story Updated: Aug-07-15 4:34 pm
HELENA, Montana - In a story Aug. 7 about wildlife officials giving initial approval for southern Montana landowners to kill more elk to reduce the spread of disease to cattle, The Associated Press misattributed comments that argued the program is operating without state or legal authority and that no brucellosis has been found in the area where the hunt was requested. The comment was made by Bozeman conservation hunter Kathryn QannaYahu, not Wildlife Habitat Coordinator Catherine Wightman.
- Bozeman man convicted of 4 felonies in woman's assault Updated: Aug-04-15 7:13 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - A Bozeman man charged with attacking a woman acquaintance was convicted Tuesday of aggravated assault and sexual assault along with charges that he attacked a peace officer, possessed dangerous drugs and escaped police custody.