- Northampton settles with man who alleged police misconduct Updated: Feb-02-16 7:36 am
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - The city of Northampton has agreed to pay more than $52,000 to a man who said police used excessive force and wrongfully arrested him outside a bar two years ago.
- Rape trial of former UMass student scheduled to start Updated: Jan-18-16 11:01 am
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - A Longmeadow man charged with raping a woman outdoors on the campus of UMass-Amherst in 2013 faces trial.
- Mother, daughter plead guilty to prescription fraud Updated: Jan-15-16 7:21 am
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - A mother and daughter from western Massachusetts have avoided prison time after pleading guilty to writing phony prescriptions for opioid painkillers and other medications.
- Family objects to charges against 21-year-old autistic man Updated: Jan-14-16 7:28 am
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - The family of an autistic 21-year-old Massachusetts man being held without bail on charges that he stabbed his mother says he should never have been charged.
- 2 die in western Massachusetts car crash Updated: Jan-11-16 7:38 am
WEST SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - One of the two men who died in a head-on car crash in West Springfield late last week has been identified as key member of the western Massachusetts music scene.