- New Zealand beats Georgia 43-10, advances at Rugby World Cup Updated: Oct-02-15 6:06 pm
CARDIFF, Wales - New Zealand ran in seven tries, dispatched Georgia 43-10 for a third straight pool win, and became the first team to qualify for the quarterfinals of the Rugby World Cup.
- Gareth Bale in Wales squad as he recovers from injury Updated: Oct-01-15 7:45 am
CARDIFF, Wales - Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale has been named in the Wales squad for the decisive European Championship qualifiers against Bosnia-Herzegovina and Andorra.
- England, Wales ban smoking in cars with children inside Updated: Oct-01-15 6:19 am
LONDON - Smokers who light up in vehicles with children inside will face fines in England and Wales as anti-smoking measures are expanded to protect young people from the dangers of second-hand smoke.
- Everton and Swansea draw 0-0 at the Liberty Stadium Updated: Sep-19-15 12:04 pm
SWANSEA, Wales - A wasteful Everton side was held to a 0-0 draw by Swansea at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday, with striker Romelu Lukaku wasting a number of chances to give his team victory in the Premier League encounter.
- Thomas retires from all rugby after epilepsy diagnosis Updated: Sep-15-15 6:18 am
WORCESTER, England - Worcester Rugby Club says ex-Wales international forward Jonathan Thomas has retired after being diagnosed with epilepsy "thought to be from multiple head traumas."
- 6-point try among new rugby laws being trialed Updated: Sep-11-15 8:16 am
LONDON - Six-point tries and two-point penalties and dropped goals are being trialed in Wales and Australia under World Rugby's auspices as part of proposed law changes to make the game safer and more enjoyable.