- U.K. man faces 50-year sentence for sex abuse of Oregon girl Updated: Feb-03-16 2:20 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A man from Wales has pleaded guilty to sex crimes committed against a 10-year-old Oregon girl.
- Change in the air for Europe's chastened teams in 6 Nations Updated: Jan-28-16 3:20 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Northern-hemisphere rugby sank to a new low during the recent Rugby World Cup when Europe failed to get a single representative in the semifinals for the first time.
- UK company criticized for asking migrants to wear wristbands Updated: Jan-25-16 9:13 am
LONDON - A private company that required asylum-seekers to wear red wristbands says it has dropped the practice after facing heavy criticism.
- Swansea out of relegation zone after 1-0 win over Watford Updated: Jan-18-16 5:42 pm
SWANSEA, Wales - Swansea moved out of the relegation zone following a slender 1-0 win over Watford in the English Premier League on Monday in front of newly-appointed head coach Francesco Guidolin.
- Swansea appoints Francesco Guidolin as head coach Updated: Jan-18-16 12:25 pm
SWANSEA, Wales - Swansea has appointed Francesco Guidolin as its new head coach, working alongside interim manager Alan Curtis at the struggling Premier League club.
- Tata Steel UK announces layoffs amid cheap Chinese imports Updated: Jan-18-16 10:32 am
LONDON - Manufacturer Tata Steel on Monday announced it will cut 1,050 jobs in Britain as part of cost-savings plans to compete against cheap Chinese imports, raising the clamor for government intervention to protect struggling industries.
- Sunderland beats 10-man Swansea 4-2 in Premier League Updated: Jan-13-16 5:42 pm
SWANSEA, Wales - Jermain Defoe scored a hat trick as Sunderland swept to a 4-2 victory over 10-man Swansea in a Premier League relegation scrap on Wednesday.
- Goodbye 'God Save the Queen?' UK debates new England anthem Updated: Jan-13-16 12:02 pm
LONDON - Will England bid goodbye to "God Save the Queen?"
- Swansea sticks with Curtis until end of season Updated: Jan-07-16 1:12 pm
SWANSEA, Wales - Alan Curtis will stay in charge of Swansea until the end of the Premier League season after impressing in his role as caretaker manager following the firing of Garry Monk last month.