- Evans to face new rape trial in October Updated: May-27-16 6:35 am
CARDIFF, Wales - A former Premier League player whose rape conviction was overturned will face a new trial in October.
- British police: 24-hour alcohol bans in Lens for Euro 2016 Updated: May-24-16 1:53 pm
LONDON - French authorities plan to impose 24-hour alcohol bans in the center of Lens when the city hosts European Championship games and ticketless fans are being urged to stay away from the small northern city, British police said Tuesday.
- Coleman agrees to 2 more years as Wales coach Updated: May-23-16 9:10 am
CARDIFF, Wales - Chris Coleman has signed a new two-year contract as Wales coach to take him through the 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign.
- McIlroy eagles last hole for 1st win of season at Irish Open Updated: May-22-16 6:49 pm
STRAFFAN, Ireland - Rory McIlroy eagled the final hole to cap his first victory of the season Sunday at the Irish Open, his home tournament where he's famously struggled over the years.
- Russia's Dzagoev out of Euro 2016 with broken metatarsal Updated: May-22-16 12:49 pm
MOSCOW - Russia midfielder Alan Dzagoev will miss the European Championship with a broken bone in his foot, deepening his country's injury problems.
- UK top court: Celebrity in 'kiss and tell' can't be named Updated: May-19-16 10:55 am
LONDON - Britain's Supreme Court on Thursday upheld a ban on identifying a celebrity involved in an extramarital relationship, even though the man's name has been published in other countries.
- Man City all but secures Champions League spot Updated: May-15-16 2:37 pm
SWANSEA, Wales - Manchester City effectively secured a Champions League place for next season with a 1-1 draw against Swansea in the English Premier League on Sunday.
- Haskins beats Morales with confident title defense Updated: May-14-16 11:13 pm
CARDIFF, Wales - Britain's Lee Haskins successfully defended his IBF world bantamweight title with a unanimous points victory over Mexico's Ivan Morales on Saturday.
- Guidolin to stay on as Swansea coach for 2 more years Updated: May-11-16 11:18 am
SWANSEA, Wales - Francesco Guidolin will stay on as Swansea coach for another two years after keeping the team in the Premier League in his brief time in charge.
- Bale skips pre-Euro 2016 training camp with Wales Updated: May-09-16 10:39 am
CARDIFF, Wales - Gareth Bale will not link up with Wales for its pre-European Championship training camp in Portugal because of Real Madrid's involvement in the Champions League final.
- Labour's Sadiq Khan elected 1st Muslim London mayor Updated: May-06-16 7:55 pm
LONDON - Sadiq Khan became London's first Muslim mayor Saturday, as voters rejected attempts to taint him with links to extremism and handed a decisive victory to the bus driver's son from south London.
- UK councils face court challenge over Israel boycotts Updated: May-04-16 7:24 am
LONDON - A Jewish group has launched a lawsuit against British local authorities that called for boycotts of goods from Israeli settlements, claiming the actions are anti-Semitic.
- Liverpool loses 3-1 at Swansea in Premier League Updated: May-01-16 9:08 am
SWANSEA, Wales - Liverpool's much-changed team was beaten 3-1 at Swansea in the English Premier League on Sunday, with Andre Ayew scoring two goals.