- 2 Mexican doctors accused in $5M claims fraud against Aflac Updated: Feb-03-16 12:31 pm
McALLEN, Texas - Two Mexican doctors are accused of submitting more than 50,000 bogus claims to a U.S. insurance company in a $5 million benefits scam.
- Ex-South Texas police investigator gets 7 years in drug case Updated: Jan-22-16 3:08 pm
McALLEN, Texas - A former South Texas police investigator must serve seven years in federal prison for faking law enforcement reports about smuggled cocaine.
- Texas' jobless rate rose slightly to 4.7 percent in December Updated: Jan-22-16 12:01 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas unemployment rate rose for a fourth straight month in December to reach 4.7 percent, the Texas Workforce Commission reported Friday.
- Alabama man gets nearly 27 years over meth in muffler Updated: Jan-22-16 8:50 am
McALLEN, Texas - An Alabama man must serve nearly 27 years in prison in a Texas drug smuggling case linked to 35 pounds of methamphetamine in a truck muffler.
- South Texas legislator pays $500 fine, settles ethics issue Updated: Jan-16-16 1:34 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A legislator has paid a $500 fine to the Texas Ethics Commission for campaign reporting errors related to travel reimbursement.
- 2 South Texas school trustees plead guilty to extortion try Updated: Jan-12-16 7:20 pm
MCALLEN, Texas - Two South Texas school board members have pleaded guilty to federal extortion counts after admitting taking bribes from a school district contractor.