- Ex-Mexican governor accused in Texas money laundering case Updated: Jun-19-15 5:35 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - A former governor of the northern Mexican state of Tamaulipas has been charged with money laundering in Texas, according to an unsealed federal indictment.
- Texas' May jobless rate increases slightly to 4.3 percent Updated: Jun-19-15 2:10 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas' unemployment rate rose slightly to 4.3 percent in May, after holding steady at 4.2 percent in March and April, a state agency reported Friday.
- Is Texas spending $800M to create its own border patrol? Updated: Jun-16-15 7:48 pm
MCALLEN, Texas - When former Gov. Rick Perry ordered a big reinforcement of security at the Mexico border in 2011, Texas bought six new gunboats that can fire 900 rounds a minute and clock highway speeds. But the boats, which cost $580,000 each, spent more time docked than patrolling the Rio Grande.
- Man gets 2-year prison term for shining laser at DPS copter Updated: Jun-11-15 6:11 pm
MCALLEN, Texas - A federal judge has sentenced a 25-year-old South Texas man to two years in prison for aiming a laser pointer at a Texas Department of Public Safety helicopter.
- Court upholds key parts of Texas' strict anti-abortion law Updated: Jun-09-15 7:35 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A federal appeals court on Tuesday upheld Texas' strict abortion restrictions that could soon leave only seven abortion clinics open in a state of 27 million people.