- Nationalized Royal Bank of Scotland sees loss widen Updated: Apr-29-16 5:39 am
LONDON - Royal Bank of Scotland says its net loss widened in the first quarter as the taxpayer-owned bank made its final 1.2 billion-pound ($1.7 billion) payment to the U.K. Treasury as part of a deal to give the government first crack at any profits.
- Brown-Forman to acquire 3 single malt Scotch brands Updated: Apr-27-16 10:08 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Brown-Forman Corp., the producer of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, announced plans Wednesday to re-enter the single malt Scotch whisky market with an agreement to purchase The BenRiach Distillery Co. of Scotland along with three brands.
- Murray to remain outspoken against doping Updated: Apr-22-16 8:48 am
LONDON - Andy Murray plans to remain outspoken against doping, despite facing a backlash for some of his recent comments on performance-enhancing drugs in tennis.
- Ronny Deila to quit as Celtic manager at end of season Updated: Apr-20-16 6:37 am
GLASGOW, Scotland - Celtic manager Ronny Deila is leaving the club at the end of the season.
- Rangers beats Celtic to reach cup final as rivalry resumes Updated: Apr-17-16 4:19 pm
GLASGOW, Scotland - Fallen Scottish power Rangers marked the latest stage in its recovery by beating Glasgow rival Celtic 5-4 on penalties to reach the Scottish Cup final on Sunday.
- Robot finds 'monster' in Loch Ness - but it's a movie prop Updated: Apr-14-16 9:06 am
LONDON - An underwater robot exploring Loch Ness has discovered a dark, monster-shaped mass in its depths.
- Fiji, NZ, US sweep Hong Kong 7s pool, England also unbeaten Updated: Apr-09-16 7:40 am
HONG KONG - Fiji, New Zealand and the United States swept their pools to roll into the Hong Kong Sevens rugby quarterfinals on Saturday.
- Rangers completes 4-year journey back to Scottish top flight Updated: Apr-05-16 5:07 pm
GLASGOW, Scotland - Rangers completed its sobering, four-year journey back to the top level of Scottish football following financial problems by clinching promotion from the second tier on Tuesday with five games to spare.