- Helmet heist doesn't stop Ohio team from taking the field Updated: Aug-29-15 12:17 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The high school football season has kicked off around Ohio. But for one team in Columbus, just getting on the field for its season opener proved to be quite a feat.
- Photos help connect pets up for adoption with new owners Updated: Aug-29-15 10:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - When Susan Frazier decided to adopt a dog last year, she hopped online and started browsing the websites of central Ohio animal groups.
- Seminar seeks Ohioans who want to make money with legal pot Updated: Aug-29-15 7:34 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Entrepreneurs and others who want to get involved in the industry if marijuana is legalized in Ohio are gathering for a weekend seminar in Columbus.
- Ohio State University trustees approve $4.4 billion budget Updated: Aug-28-15 6:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State University trustees have approved a $5.5 billion annual budget and authorized new construction projects that include a new student-athlete development center and multi-sport arena.
- Ex-deputy treasurer who fled to Pakistan heads to US prison Updated: Aug-28-15 5:31 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A former Ohio deputy treasurer who fled to Pakistan in the face of a 15-year prison sentence for a kickback scheme delivered a public apology before a federal judge on Friday and was sent to begin his time in U.S. prison.
- Big Lots 2Q results top Street, lifts full-year guidance Updated: Aug-28-15 1:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Big Lots' fiscal second-quarter results beat analysts' estimates and the discount retailer boosted its full-year earnings outlook.
- Court: Mom can't see records of child's abuse investigation Updated: Aug-28-15 3:49 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has blocked a mother's efforts to inspect children's services agency records regarding an abuse investigation focusing on her daughter.
- Ohio man won't serve prison time for helping dump body Updated: Aug-28-15 3:22 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A man has been resentenced to probation after an appeals court in central Ohio overturned the prison term he was given after helping dump the body of a woman in a ditch after she died of a heroin overdose.
- US senator: Cultural change needed to stop human trafficking Updated: Aug-27-15 2:50 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - While laws are changing to reflect the reality that child prostitutes are victims, cultural attitudes also need to change, U.S. Sen. Rob Portman said Thursday after hearing from experts and a survivor of child trafficking.
- Ohio prison system announces inmate job training program Updated: Aug-27-15 3:08 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio prison system is announcing a private sector partnership that will provide job training to inmates before and after release.
- Express tops Street 2Q forecasts, hikes 2015 outlook Updated: Aug-26-15 11:37 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Shares of Express soared Wednesday after the clothing and accessories chain hiked its 2015 forecast while also reporting net income that nearly tripled in its fiscal second quarter.
- Bill would let Ohioans with drug convictions keep license Updated: Aug-26-15 10:05 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Legislation that would make a driver's license suspension discretionary rather than mandatory for non-driving drug convictions has been introduced in the Ohio Senate.
- Police say man fatally shot found in yard in central Ohio Updated: Aug-26-15 6:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police say a man fatally shot was found in a yard in central Ohio with several gunshot wounds.
- Ohio couple sentenced in sports drink investment scheme Updated: Aug-26-15 3:08 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A husband and wife convicted for their roles in a sports drink fraud scheme have each received federal prison sentences.
- DSW drops to annual low on disappointing 2Q sales Updated: Aug-25-15 11:55 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Shares of DSW skidded in midday trading Tuesday after the footwear and accessories retailer's second-quarter sales disappointed Wall Street.
- Ohio man gets 20 years in death of girlfriend's daughter Updated: Aug-25-15 10:50 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Court officials say an Ohio man convicted in the 2013 beating death of his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Suburban Columbus massage parlor owners convicted Updated: Aug-25-15 3:52 am
DELAWARE, Ohio - Officials say two Chinese nationals were found guilty of promoting prostitution and organized crime at three suburban Columbus massage parlors.
- Former Beatle McCartney announces fall concert in Columbus Updated: Aug-25-15 3:09 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Paul McCartney is planning a stop in Columbus in October, his first concert in Ohio's capital city in a decade.
- Attempted murder, rape warrants issued for man after arrest Updated: Aug-24-15 7:16 pm
CINCINNATI - A man arrested in Ohio on suspicion of stabbing his brother and raping a woman is wanted in Massachusetts on charges including attempted murder, rape, assault, and kidnapping, authorities said Monday.
- Officers cleared in shooting suspected Ohio gang ringleader Updated: Aug-24-15 9:35 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A prosecutor says three police officers have been cleared in the shooting of a suspected gang ringleader on the run for more than a year.
- For Koch group, winning is rising as priority over purity Updated: Aug-23-15 7:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The head of the Koch brothers' flagship political organization says a Republican winning the presidency is becoming a higher priority for more of its members, suggesting a rift between pragmatists and ideologues.
- 6 lion cubs born to half-sisters at Columbus Zoo Updated: Aug-22-15 10:58 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Lion cub cousins soon will be working on their roars after being born less than a week apart to half sisters at the Columbus Zoo
- McInerney scores winner in home debut for Crew Updated: Aug-22-15 10:06 pm
- Ohio man gets 4 years for DUI crash that killed pedestrian Updated: Aug-22-15 8:02 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A central Ohio man has been sentenced to four years in prison for getting behind the wheel while drunk, driving off the road and killing one pedestrian and injuring another a year ago.
- Union protest punctuates Koch group's Ohio summit Updated: Aug-21-15 5:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Hundreds of union workers and their supporters demonstrated and marched in downtown Columbus to protest the politics of billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch (kohk) and their flagship conservative organization, Americans for Prosperity.