- Gov. Kasich, state officials to help open Ohio State Fair Updated: Jul-29-15 3:36 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) plans to join state officials to help kick off the Ohio State Fair.
- Ohio board working on statewide deadly force standards Updated: Jul-29-15 3:08 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A new Ohio police standards board plans to hold its next meeting as it studies rules for law enforcement on the proper use of deadly force.
- Ohio State coach Meyer, mascot celebrated in butter at fair Updated: Jul-28-15 11:40 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Winning another national championship has made Urban Meyer a butter man.
- Ohio Homeland Security leader Baron dies after illness Updated: Jul-28-15 4:16 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The state Department of Public Safety says Ohio's homeland security chief, Richard Baron, has died after an illness.
- Columbus man crashes car into condo complex after shooting Updated: Jul-28-15 6:40 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police say a Columbus man crashed his car into a condo complex after being shot, then collapsed on a nearby porch.
- Police training to include how to handle human trafficking Updated: Jul-27-15 6:34 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Newly required training hours for Ohio police officers will include the basics of how to recognize and handle human trafficking cases, Attorney General Mike DeWine said Monday.
- Ohio's infant mortality rate sees slight drop, tops nation's Updated: Jul-27-15 11:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's infant mortality rate declined slightly in 2013, though it continues to far exceed the national average, according to state health data released Monday.
- 2 killed in separate Ohio motorcycle accidents Updated: Jul-26-15 11:01 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two motorcyclists have been killed in separate weekend accidents in Ohio.
- Toronto FC erases 3-goal deficit in 3-3 draw with Crew Updated: Jul-25-15 10:00 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Jozy Altidore drew a penalty in the box and converted it from the spot in the 89th minute to complete Toronto FC's three-goal rally for a 3-3 draw with Columbus Crew SC on Saturday night.
- Tax revenue from Ohio casinos down slightly in 2nd quarter Updated: Jul-25-15 6:34 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - New figures from the state show that Ohio's four casinos produced about 7 percent less tax revenue in the second quarter of this year.
- Indians recall 1B/DH Jesus Aguilar Updated: Jul-24-15 3:59 pm
CLEVELAND - The Indians have recalled slugger Jesus Aguilar from Triple-A Columbus.
- Ohio standards board opposes school barricade devices Updated: Jul-24-15 12:45 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's building standards board took a strong position Friday against the installation of barricade devices on classroom doors in the event of an active shooter, just weeks after a law went into effect allowing the devices.
- Ohio court records: Remains of fetus likely were discarded Updated: Jul-24-15 9:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Remains of an infant that died before birth probably were discarded with other medical waste rather than being saved for the burial planned by the family, according to court documents in the mother's lawsuit against a northeast Ohio hospital.
- Man gets more than 3 decades in prison for Columbus rapes Updated: Jul-24-15 4:43 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A man who admitted last month to sexually assaulting three young women in Columbus last year is heading to prison.
- Gabby Douglas right on schedule for golden return Updated: Jul-24-15 2:54 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Gabby Douglas is exasperated. Again and again and again the defending women's Olympic all-around champion emphatically slaps her right hand on one of the picnic tables that sit just past the front desk at Buckeye Gymnastics, the latest home in her nomadic career.
- Ohio teen faces life sentence in slaying of pizza driver Updated: Jul-23-15 4:37 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A 17-year-old boy will be sentenced to life in prison with no chance for parole for 18 years in the fatal shooting last year of a pizza delivery driver in Columbus.
- Armed citizens guard recruiters after Tennessee shootings Updated: Jul-22-15 5:41 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Gun-toting citizens are showing up at military recruiting centers around the country, saying they plan to protect recruiters following last week's killing of four Marines and a sailor in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Body of drowning victim pulled from central Ohio river Updated: Jul-22-15 4:54 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Authorities say they have recovered the body of a missing drowning victim from a central Ohio river as the search continues for a second victim in the same area.
- Ohioan again seeks same-sex divorce; 1st request was undone Updated: Jul-21-15 10:35 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A woman whose request for a same-sex divorce in Ohio was mistakenly granted and then denied by a judge is seeking a redo months later, after the U.S. Supreme Court's landmark ruling on gay marriage.
- Burned I-70 bridge in central Ohio reopens ahead of schedule Updated: Jul-21-15 7:14 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Interstate 70 bridge in central Ohio that closed after being scorched in a tanker truck fire weeks ago has been repaired ahead of schedule.
- Ohio revises forms, makes changes after gay marriage ruling Updated: Jul-20-15 12:01 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Same-sex couples in Ohio can now hold their weddings in the Statehouse, file their state taxes jointly and list their spouses on death certificates following the U.S. Supreme Court's decision last month that legalized gay marriage across the country.
- Crew beats short-handed Fire 3-1 Updated: Jul-19-15 8:03 pm
- Non-profit gets home, garage near WWI pilot's boyhood home Updated: Jul-19-15 5:40 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A nonprofit group received ownership of a home and garage near the boyhood house of an American World War I pilot.
- Official resigns after schools' Fs excluded Updated: Jul-18-15 7:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio education official resigned Saturday after acknowledging he excluded failing grades for charter schools in evaluations of the schools' overseers.
- Rumored party at closed firehouse spurs central Ohio inquiry Updated: Jul-18-15 9:50 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Top fire officials in Ohio's capital city say they're investigating unauthorized activities at a closed fire station amid reports that firefighters had a party there that included alcohol.