- Laboratory advance provides view of early embryo development Updated: May-04-16 1:01 pm
NEW YORK - New lab techniques have provided the first good look at a crucial but mysterious stage in the development of human embryos, scientists reported Wednesday.
- Diamond the size of a tennis ball could fetch $70 million Updated: May-04-16 1:01 pm
LONDON - It's a rock for the ages.
- Book Review: 'I Let You Go' Updated: May-04-16 12:42 pm
"I Let You Go" (Berkley), by Clare Mackintosh
- Lesedi la Rona among largest diamonds ever found Updated: May-04-16 12:19 pm
LONDON - The 1,109-carat Lesedi la Rona diamond, to be sold by Sotheby's in London on June 29, is one of the biggest gem-quality diamonds ever discovered. It joins an elite list of hefty rocks:
- John Boyega goes from 'Star Wars' to London's Old Vic stage Updated: May-04-16 8:39 am
LONDON - John Boyega is going from space battles in "Star Wars" to earthbound struggles onstage at London's Old Vic Theatre.
- UK councils face court challenge over Israel boycotts Updated: May-04-16 7:24 am
LONDON - A Jewish group has launched a lawsuit against British local authorities that called for boycotts of goods from Israeli settlements, claiming the actions are anti-Semitic.
- Graceland, home of Elvis, receives 20 millionth paid visitor Updated: May-04-16 7:20 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The operators of Graceland say the Memphis tourist attraction centered on the life and music of Elvis Presley has received its 20 millionth paid visitor.
- Methodology behind Leicester: Ranieri's winning blueprint Updated: May-04-16 1:28 am
LEICESTER, England - Claudio Ranieri is still struggling to comprehend how he managed to transform Leicester from 5,000-1 outsiders to Premier League champions.
- Football fans everywhere embrace Leicester's title success Updated: May-03-16 9:11 pm
LEICESTER, England - The partisanship that usually defines soccer in England seemed to be temporarily set aside as Leicester City's players were acclaimed as the People's Champions.
- Andy Murray won't stay at Olympic Village at Rio Games Updated: May-03-16 8:26 pm
MADRID - Defending champion Andy Murray says he won't be living in the Olympic Village in Rio de Janeiro, preferring to stay at an apartment with the British tennis team.
- Ranieri won't sign superstars to strengthen Leicester squad Updated: May-03-16 6:35 pm
LEICESTER, England - Claudio Ranieri is sticking with Leicester's title-winning blueprint and said the club won't be in the market for established, expensive talent to strengthen the Premier League champions.
- Partying, training, then more celebrating for Leicester team Updated: May-03-16 6:20 pm
LEICESTER, England - There are certain pitfalls to being a club's first title-winning side. Leicester City's once-unheralded players discovered Tuesday that going for a pizza is no longer so easy once you're a Premier League champion.
- Sandringham is British royals' much-loved country retreat Updated: May-03-16 12:27 pm
SANDRINGHAM, England - It is unique among royal residences, a country retreat that is the private property of Queen Elizabeth II, a place at once so private and so beguiling that King George V pronounced it "the place I love better than anywhere in the world."
- English soccer's superpowers shown up by little Leicester Updated: May-03-16 11:43 am
MANCHESTER, England - One by one, English soccer's supposed superpowers fell off the relentless pace set by Leicester in the Premier League title race.
- Ultimate underdog: Leicester triumph will inspire for years Updated: May-02-16 6:03 pm
LONDON - Whenever sporting fans say they dare to dream in future, Leicester City shows they really can. Sometimes it just takes a long, long time.
- Leicester toasts world snooker champion Selby Updated: May-02-16 5:59 pm
SHEFFIELD, England - The city of Leicester wasn't just toasting its soccer team on Monday: One of its natives won the snooker World Championship on the same night.
- How little Leicester pulled off the seemingly impossible Updated: May-02-16 5:13 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester has pulled off the seemingly impossible and won the English Premier League.
- Ronaldo practices again, looks fit to face Man City Updated: May-02-16 2:33 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo's chances of facing Manchester City in the second leg of the Champions League semifinals on Wednesday were boosted as he returned to full training, having missed three consecutive games because of an injury to his right leg.
- Burnley promoted, securing instant return to Premier League Updated: May-02-16 2:01 pm
BURNLEY, England - Burnley is making an instant return to the Premier League after sealing promotion on Monday.
- UK Labour Party suspends councilors in anti-Semitism dispute Updated: May-02-16 12:58 pm
LONDON - The anti-Semitism dispute bedeviling Britain's Labour Party ahead of an election Thursday has continued with the suspension of three city councilors.
- Leicester's Jamie Vardy wins English player of year award Updated: May-02-16 6:19 am
LONDON - Leicester forward Jamie Vardy has won England's Footballer of the Year award on the day his team could clinch an unlikely Premier League title.
- Central Kentucky woman fatally shot; boyfriend charged Updated: May-01-16 3:58 pm
MANCHESTER, Kentucky - Authorities say a central Kentucky woman has been fatally shot after fleeing her home and her boyfriend now faces charges.
- Over to you, Spurs: Leicester 2 points away from EPL title Updated: May-01-16 3:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - One chance gone for Leicester in its attempt to clinch a first English league title.
- Southampton eases past distracted Man City 4-2 in EPL Updated: May-01-16 2:11 pm
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Sadio Mane scored a hat trick as Southampton eased past Manchester City 4-2 in the English Premier League on Sunday, when the visitors' minds seemed more on the Champions League.
- Leicester misses 1st chance to clinch Premier League title Updated: May-01-16 12:38 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester missed its first opportunity to clinch the Premier League title, drawing 1-1 at Manchester United on Sunday to move within two points of the most unlikely championship in English soccer in a generation.