- Vardy finally getting married - at 4th attempt Updated: May-23-16 6:41 pm
MANCHESTER, England - It seems Jamie Vardy is better at scoring goals than arranging a wedding.
- Man United fires Van Gaal, expected to appoint Mourinho soon Updated: May-23-16 5:59 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Replacing Alex Ferguson is proving harder than Manchester United could ever have imagined.
- Angelina Jolie to teach at London School of Economics Updated: May-23-16 5:55 pm
LONDON - Oscar-winning actress and activist Angelina Jolie has been appointed a visiting professor at one of Britain's most prestigious universities.
- Louis van Gaal's highs and lows at Man United Updated: May-23-16 4:56 pm
LONDON - Louis van Gaal's time as Manchester United manager came to an end on Monday after two seasons at the club.
- The Latest: United says Van Gaal's legacy is promoting youth Updated: May-23-16 4:29 pm
MANCHESTER, England - The Latest on Manchester United (all times local):
- Van Gaal's legacy: Big spending, dull games, accent on youth Updated: May-23-16 4:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - So, after $375 million in transfers, two seasons of often mind-numbing soccer, one trophy and countless references to his "process" and "philosophy," Louis van Gaal is no longer manager of Manchester United. The English Premier League club announced his departure on Monday evening.
- Slovenian mountain biker Klemencic banned 2 years for doping Updated: May-23-16 12:01 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - Slovenian mountain biker Blaza Klemencic has been banned for two years for doping and had her results from the 2012 London Olympics wiped out.
- Norwegian Air to expand service from Las Vegas Updated: May-23-16 10:44 am
LAS VEGAS - Norwegian Air Shuttle says it plans to expand is Las Vegas operations by adding flights to London later this year.
- From champs to flops, assessing the European soccer season Updated: May-23-16 7:00 am
- London to start all-night underground service in August Updated: May-23-16 6:31 am
LONDON - London Mayor Sadiq Khan says an all-night underground service will start running on two of the city's lines in August.
- How it works: a look at the retests of Olympic drug samples Updated: May-22-16 10:11 pm
GENEVA - Inside a non-descript concrete building in a Swiss parking lot lies evidence that could take down dozens of Olympic athletes.
- Ken Loach wins Palme d'Or at Cannes for "I, Daniel Blake." Updated: May-22-16 4:00 pm
PARIS - Veteran British director Ken Loach won his second Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival Sunday for "I, Daniel Blake" - a stark portrayal of a disabled man's struggle with the crushing benefits system in northern England.
- Kane, Vardy score again to earn England 2-1 win over Turkey Updated: May-22-16 3:31 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy transferred their scoring form in the Premier League to the international stage Sunday, netting England's goals in an unconvincing 2-1 victory over Turkey in the teams' first warmup match ahead of the European Championship.
- Russia's Dzagoev out of Euro 2016 with broken metatarsal Updated: May-22-16 12:49 pm
MOSCOW - Russia midfielder Alan Dzagoev will miss the European Championship with a broken bone in his foot, deepening his country's injury problems.
- In or Out? Britain faces vital EU membership vote June 23 Updated: May-22-16 6:47 am
LONDON - British voters will decide in one month whether or not to deal a historic hammer blow to European integration by putting their island nation on an independent path outside the European Union.
- Uncertainty faces Van Gaal despite ending Man United drought Updated: May-21-16 6:14 pm
LONDON - Louis van Gaal had little time to savor delivering Manchester United's first trophy since the Alex Ferguson dynasty ended three years ago.
- Watford appoints Mazzarri to replace Sanchez Flores Updated: May-21-16 5:17 am
WATFORD, England - English Premier League team Watford on Saturday appointed Walter Mazzarri as its new head coach on a three-year contract, starting July 1.
- Leicester's recruitment chief signs new deal Updated: May-20-16 11:20 am
LEICESTER, England - The man who masterminded the astute recruitment policy behind Leicester's unlikely English Premier League title triumph has signed a new deal with the club.
- Buckingham Palace trespasser is convicted murderer Updated: May-20-16 9:23 am
LONDON - A man convicted of murder for beating a homeless man to death climbed over a wall and wandered around the grounds of Buckingham Palace while Queen Elizabeth II was at home, British prosecutors said Friday.
- Rutherford to hold long jump competition in back yard Updated: May-20-16 8:05 am
WOBURN SANDS, England - Olympic long jump champion Greg Rutherford is planning to host an event in his backyard.
- Morley Safer, veteran "60 Minutes" correspondent, dies at 84 Updated: May-20-16 12:27 am
NEW YORK - During a visit last Friday with a frail Morley Safer, Tom Brokaw exchanged memories with him about fellow journalists Ben Bradlee, Don Hewitt and others who had died.
- Revamp of English soccer leagues proposed Updated: May-19-16 1:46 pm
LONDON - English soccer's domestic league structure could be reorganized into five divisions containing a total of 100 clubs in a proposed revamp starting from the 2019-20 season.
- Hales and Bairstow steady England from 83-5 to 171-5 Updated: May-19-16 1:28 pm
LEEDS, England - Opener Alex Hales and wicketkeeper Jonny Bairstow led a steady recovery as England reached 171-5 against Sri Lanka at stumps on Thursday on a rain-shortened first day of the opening test.
- UK top court: Celebrity in 'kiss and tell' can't be named Updated: May-19-16 10:55 am
LONDON - Britain's Supreme Court on Thursday upheld a ban on identifying a celebrity involved in an extramarital relationship, even though the man's name has been published in other countries.
- The Latest: Hoketsu misses chance to become oldest Olympian Updated: May-19-16 7:31 am
LONDON - The Latest on the developments in the Olympic world (all times local):