- Shaw, Shelvey recalled by England for Euro qualifiers Updated: Aug-30-15 3:38 pm
LONDON - Manchester United defender Luke Shaw and Swansea midfielder Jonjo Shelvey have been rewarded for strong starts to the Premier League season by earning recalls to the England squad for upcoming European Championship qualifiers.
- United's biggest problems exposed in 2-1 loss at Swansea Updated: Aug-30-15 2:23 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United's early-season problems at both ends of the pitch were exposed in a 2-1 loss at Swansea on Sunday that ended its unbeaten start in the Premier League.
- Man City breaks transfer record again to sign De Bruyne Updated: Aug-30-15 12:27 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City demonstrated its financial might by breaking the club's transfer record for the second time this summer to sign Kevin de Bruyne on Sunday, making the Belgium midfielder the second most-expensive player in English football history.
- Rossi wins British GP, retakes sole lead in MotoGP standings Updated: Aug-30-15 10:41 am
SILVERSTONE, England - Valentino Rossi won the British Grand Prix in wet conditions Sunday to reclaim the outright lead in the MotoGP championship, with Marc Marquez crashing out in another blow to his title defense.
- Tadic double helps Southampton to 3-0 win over Norwich Updated: Aug-30-15 10:28 am
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Dusan Tadic scored two goals in three second-half minutes to seal Southampton's 3-0 win over 10-man Norwich in the Premier League on Sunday.
- Liverpool loans out Markovic to Turkish club Fenerbahce Updated: Aug-30-15 9:03 am
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool has sent Serbia winger Lazar Markovic on loan to Turkish club Fenerbahce for the rest of the season.
- Defender Jonny Evans leaves Man United for West Brom Updated: Aug-29-15 3:11 pm
WEST BROMWICH, England - Defender Jonny Evans has left Manchester United to join West Bromwich Albion.
- Palace inflicts Mourinho's 2nd loss in 100 home league games Updated: Aug-29-15 2:56 pm
LONDON - More than just a blip in form, Jose Mourinho's Chelsea Premier League title defense is in trouble after only four games.
- West Brom beats 9-man Stoke 1-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-29-15 1:18 pm
STOKE, England - Stoke lost to West Bromwich Albion 1-0 Saturday after having two players sent off in six first-half minutes on ex-Potters boss Tony Pulis' maiden return to the Britannia Stadium.
- West Ham stuns Liverpool 3-0 in Premier League Updated: Aug-29-15 12:53 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Mark Noble scored and was later sent off as West Ham stunned Liverpool 3-0 Saturday for its first victory at Anfield since 1963 in a Premier League game that both teams finished with 10 men.
- Sterling gets 1st goal as Man City keeps perfect record Updated: Aug-29-15 12:33 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Raheem Sterling scored his first Premier League goal for Manchester City as Manuel Pellegrini's team beat Watford 2-0 Saturday to keep its perfect record.
- Sunderland draws 2-2 at Aston Villa in Premier League Updated: Aug-29-15 12:26 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Scott Sinclair scored two more goals but Aston Villa was still held to a 2-2 draw by Sunderland on Saturday in a seesaw Premier League encounter.
- Leicester keeps unbeaten start with late goal at Bournemouth Updated: Aug-29-15 12:26 pm
BOURNEMOUTH, England - Jamie Vardy scored from the penalty spot with just four minutes remaining to maintain Leicester's unbeaten start to the Premier League season at Bournemouth on Saturday with a 1-1 draw.
- Arsenal relies on own goal to beat 10-man Newcastle in EPL Updated: Aug-29-15 10:39 am
NEWCASTLE, England - Arsenal relied on Fabricio Coloccini's own goal to win 1-0 at Newcastle despite the hosts playing most of the Premier League game with 10 men on Saturday.
- Flamboyant Depay already a crowd-pleaser at Man United Updated: Aug-28-15 12:44 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Players who have flourished in the iconic No. 7 jersey at Manchester United have had three attributes in common: attitude, ability and aura.
- As markets drop, question is: will the Chinese still shop? Updated: Aug-28-15 11:14 am
BICESTER, England - The designer outlet mall of Bicester Village is set in the English countryside near Oxford, but it might as well be in China.
- Chelsea missing Terry with captain's place under scrutiny Updated: Aug-27-15 3:12 pm
MANCHESTER, England - John Terry ended last season as still the best center back in the English Premier League.
- UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw Updated: Aug-27-15 1:00 pm
MONACO - Draw made Thursday for the UEFA Champions League group stage:
- Bleisure: When your workday is over, evenings in London Updated: Aug-27-15 12:24 pm
Business travelers to London always have plenty of options for exploring the city after the workday is done. But this fall, visitors have a few special evening activities to choose from in addition to the usual possibilities like the London Eye (open until 8:30 p.m. daily) and the observatory at The Shard, which offers London's highest view until 10 p.m. daily through Oct. 31 (last entry at 9:30 p.m.).
- Antonio Banderas swaps film for fashion with college stint Updated: Aug-27-15 12:21 pm
LONDON - Antonio Banderas has swapped film for fashion, at least temporarily.
- Teenage forward Martial handed debut France call-up Updated: Aug-27-15 9:45 am
PARIS - France coach Didier Deschamps included Monaco's teenage forward Anthony Martial in Thursday's 23-man squad for next month's friendly matches against Portugal and Serbia.
- London Underground delays plans for 24-hour subway service Updated: Aug-27-15 7:19 am
LONDON - London Underground has delayed plans to start a 24-hour subway service on weekends, allowing more time for talks with unions demanding better pay and conditions.
- Man United back in Champions League, Rooney scoring again Updated: Aug-26-15 5:58 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United had double reason to celebrate on Wednesday - the team is back in the Champions League group stage and star striker Wayne Rooney is scoring again.
- Critics deliver mixed verdict on hyped Cumberbatch 'Hamlet' Updated: Aug-26-15 8:52 am
LONDON - It's a "Hamlet" with Hollywood-level hype and an A-list star in Benedict Cumberbatch. But London's latest stage sensation is more than a Shakespearean star vehicle.
- Quotes from AP Global Football 10 voters Updated: Aug-25-15 12:08 pm
LONDON - Marco Monteverde, News Corp. Australia