- Tennessee, Georgia authorities crack down on sex trafficking Updated: Feb-06-16 3:21 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Authorities say more than 20 people have been arrested on charges related to sex trafficking and online exploitation of children in Tennessee and Georgia.
- Bentonville museum takes American art exhibition on the road Updated: Feb-06-16 2:05 pm
BENTONVILLE, Arkansas - An 11-step set of instructions awaits whoever opens "Box 11" upon arrival in Savannah, Georgia, from Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.
- Man arrested in Aug. 19 shooting death of woman in Atlanta Updated: Feb-06-16 11:45 am
ATLANTA - Police say a man accused in the shooting death of woman six months ago has been arrested.
- School lockdowns now routine part of student life in Georgia Updated: Feb-06-16 10:34 am
ATLANTA - School lockdowns, and preparing for a possible intruder, have become a fact of life for many metro Atlanta schools.
- Couple wanted in crime spree led police on chase; 1 killed Updated: Feb-05-16 9:12 pm
MILTON, Florida - A weeklong search for a Missouri couple wanted in a series of robberies and abductions across the South ended with one suspect dead and the other wounded Friday, after authorities say they chased the pair across the highway and through a rural neighborhood and exchanged gunfire with them in Florida's Panhandle.
- Man sentenced to life in the 2011 murder of his wife Updated: Feb-05-16 7:17 pm
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - A suburban Atlanta judge has sentenced a man to life in prison without parole in the 2011 death of his wife.
- Man gets life in the shooting death of restaurant employee Updated: Feb-05-16 6:54 pm
ATLANTA - Prosecutors say a man has been sentenced to life in prison in the 2014 shooting death of a restaurant employee in suburban Atlanta.
- Police: Man shoots wife day after protective order served Updated: Feb-05-16 6:19 pm
LOVEJOY, Georgia - Police in suburban Atlanta say a man accused of shooting his wife after he was served with a temporary protective order has been arrested.
- 3 charged, 1 warning issued after deer beaten in Arkansas Updated: Feb-05-16 3:05 pm
STUTTGART, Arkansas - A Georgia man accused of beating a deer with an accounting textbook after it had been hit along an Arkansas highway has been charged with a misdemeanor count of cruelty to animals and wasting wildlife and set for a court appearance later this month.
- The Latest: Missouri suspects led police on chase Updated: Feb-05-16 11:46 am
MILTON, Florida - The Latest on Missouri couple suspected in a multistate crime spree. All times local:
- High school student accused of raping girl in stairwell Updated: Feb-05-16 8:53 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Three Athens high school students are facing charges after a 15-year-old girl says she was raped in a school stairwell.
- LaGrange College launches $21M project to boost sciences Updated: Feb-05-16 5:12 am
LAGRANGE, Georgia - LaGrange College officials have announced a $21 million project to produce a 43,000-square-foot laboratory facility and renovate a 27,000-square-foot science building.
- Hospital CEO, 5 others arrested in prescription drug sting Updated: Feb-05-16 4:17 am
BLAIRSVILLE, Georgia - The CEO of a north Georgia hospital is one of six suspects accused of being involved with fraudulent prescription painkillers.
- Crider scores 24, Georgia State hold off Texas State, 59-56 Updated: Feb-04-16 11:01 pm
ATLANTA - Markus Crider scored 24 points and knocked down a pair of free throws with 12 seconds left to secure Georgia State's 59-56 win over Texas State Thursday night.
- Hot-shot youngsters lead Georgia Southern past UTA 82-73 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:25 pm
STATESBORO, Georgia - Three underclassmen - Tookie Brown, Mike Hughes and Ike Smith - teamed up to score 69 points as Georgia Southern defeated Texas-Arlington 82-73 on Thursday night, avenging an earlier loss in conference.
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:07 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Marjorie Butler led a balanced attack with 16 points and Georgia used a late 12-0 run to defeat No. 21 Missouri 65-50 on Thursday night.
- Georgia House panel backs 'Pastor Protection' legislation Updated: Feb-04-16 5:19 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia law doesn't require religious officials to perform same-sex marriages, and a bill making that clear is moving through the Georgia House.
- Ex-Georgia lawmaker ordered to pay $250,000 in restitution Updated: Feb-04-16 4:31 pm
ATLANTA - A federal judge on Thursday ordered a civil rights activist and former Georgia lawmaker to pay $250,000 in restitution to charitable donors he's accused of deliberately defrauding.
- Michael Phelps coming to Atlanta for Olympic tuneup Updated: Feb-04-16 3:36 pm
ATLANTA - Michael Phelps is coming to Atlanta for one of his final tuneups heading into the Rio Olympics.
- ICE 4Q profit rises 28 percent, tops forecasts Updated: Feb-04-16 9:01 am
NEW YORK - IntercontinentalExchange Group Inc., which owns the New York Stock Exchange, on Thursday reported a 28 percent boost in fourth-quarter profit on higher data services and listing fees.
- 5 from Mexico face charges in Texas in $9M tax refund scam Updated: Feb-04-16 8:39 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Investigators say five people from Mexico have been indicted in Texas over a $9 million income tax refund scam with ties to Georgia.
- Army base: Tornado destroyed vehicles, displaced residents Updated: Feb-04-16 7:21 am
FORT STEWART, Georgia - Military officials at Fort Stewart say numerous vehicles were destroyed and 40 to 50 people were displaced from housing areas when a tornado touched down on the Army base in southeast Georgia.
- Beazer posts 1Q profit Updated: Feb-04-16 7:07 am
ATLANTA - Beazer Homes USA Inc. (BZH) on Thursday reported fiscal first-quarter net income of $999,000, after reporting a loss in the same period a year earlier.
- 15-year-old boy charged in Muscogee County triple slaying Updated: Feb-04-16 2:07 am
COLUMBUS, Georgia - A third teenager has been charged in the slayings of a Columbus-area woman, her teenage son and her young granddaughter during an apparent break-in their home earlier this year.
- 500 pounds of marijuana, valued at $1.2M, seized in Gwinnett Updated: Feb-04-16 1:59 am
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - Authorities have seized more than 500 pounds of marijuana found inside a U-Haul truck in Gwinnett County.