- Cheyenne's Nimmo getting closer to fulfilling MLB dream Updated: May-25-16 12:41 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Brandon Nimmo's professional baseball career has taken him all across the country.
- 66 firearms stolen from gun range near Atlanta Updated: May-25-16 12:21 pm
MCDONOUGH, Georgia - Federal authorities say 66 firearms have been stolen from a gun range outside Atlanta.
- Carter to step down from 'front-line' work with The Elders Updated: May-25-16 10:56 am
ATLANTA - Jimmy Carter is stepping away from his "front-line role" as a member of The Elders, the global human rights group announced Wednesday.
- Hunter finds human skull; search for bones planned Updated: May-25-16 9:56 am
AUBURN, Georgia - Sheriff's officials northeast of Atlanta say they're searching an area near the town of Auburn for bones after a hunter found a skull.
- Gamers strive to go mainstream in new Turner-backed league Updated: May-25-16 9:21 am
ATLANTA - They stare at their computer screens, eyes transfixed on the bloody spectacle in front of them, trying to figure out if there's an enemy player just around the corner.
- State continuing its review of proposed Allstate rate hike Updated: May-25-16 7:04 am
ATLANTA - State regulators say they're continuing to review a plan by Allstate to raise auto insurance rates for Georgia drivers.
- DeKalb County father accused of attacking daughter's bullies Updated: May-25-16 4:39 am
LITHONIA, Georgia - An Atlanta-area father has been banned from school property after he was accused of fighting two 16-year-old girls who he says were bullying his daughter.
- Isakson, other Georgia GOP incumbents head to November Updated: May-24-16 11:59 pm
ATLANTA - Every Georgia Republican member of Congress easily defeated primary challengers Tuesday, including U.S. Sen. Johnny Isakson, who crushed two long-shot challengers to earn a bid for a third term. Jim Barksdale, the Democrat favored by top party members, meanwhile, averted a July runoff in his first political campaign.
- Georgia primary voters stick with challenged incumbents Updated: May-24-16 11:55 pm
Georgia Republicans who fervently backed Donald Trump for president a few months ago ended up sticking with political insiders Tuesday as incumbents swept to victory in contested primary elections across the state.
- The Latest: Barksdale wins Democratic Senate primary Updated: May-24-16 11:49 pm
ATLANTA - The Latest on Georgia's primary elections (all times local):
- Teheran has 12 strikeouts but Braves fall to Brewers, 2-1 Updated: May-24-16 11:23 pm
ATLANTA - Brewers manager Craig Counsell says Atlanta's Julio Teheran is pitching as well as anyone in the National League.
- Gennett's RBI single in 8th lifts Brewers past Braves, 2-1 Updated: May-24-16 11:15 pm
- Lawyer: 48-year fugitive hospitalized for kidney failure Updated: May-24-16 8:04 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut man who spent 48 years on the lam after escaping from prison has been hospitalized.
- Georgia Tech tops Boston College 6-0 in ACC play-in game Updated: May-24-16 6:52 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Tristan English, Matt Gonzalez and Trevor Craport each hit home runs to help Georgia Tech beat Boston College 6-0 on Tuesday in an Atlantic Coast Conference baseball tournament play-in game.
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host Super Bowls Updated: May-24-16 5:12 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - If you spend billions of dollars to build it, they will come.
- Woodman sparks Ole Miss to 5-1 victory over Georgia Updated: May-24-16 4:51 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - J.B. Woodman tripled, doubled and drove in three runs Tuesday as No. 7 seed Mississippi defeated No. 10 seed Georgia 5-1 in the first round of the Southeastern Conference tournament.
- Atlanta airport gradually re-opens checkpoint after upgrade Updated: May-24-16 10:52 am
ATLANTA - Atlanta's airport is gradually re-reopening a security checkpoint in the domestic terminal after renovations.
- Woman avoids jail time in street race that killed boyfriend Updated: May-24-16 5:32 am
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - Two women will not have to serve jail time for their roles in the racing death of a motorcyclist in Gwinnett County two years ago.
- Police: Man kills co-worker after workplace argument Updated: May-24-16 4:07 am
MORROW, Georgia - Authorities say a man has been shot and killed by a co-worker in Clayton County after a workplace dispute over who was in charge.
- Feds to crack down on guns at Atlanta airport checkpoints Updated: May-24-16 4:06 am
ATLANTA - Starting next month, anyone who accidently brings a gun to the security checkpoint at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport will not be protected by a state law and could instead be facing up to a year in jail and a $100,000 fine.
- Braves get draft pick, Matusz from Orioles for 2 prospects Updated: May-23-16 9:43 pm
- Georgia's Juwan Parker granted medical redshirt Updated: May-23-16 4:47 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Georgia guard Juwan Parker has been awarded a medical redshirt, leaving him with two years of eligibility, after missing the 2015-16 season with a partially torn Achilles tendon.
- Falcons' Vic Beasley Jr. samples new dual role as OLB and DE Updated: May-23-16 4:42 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Vic Beasley Jr. is learning a new position for his second season with the Atlanta Falcons.
- 2 Verizon store employees sprayed with mace during robbery Updated: May-23-16 4:26 pm
SNELLVILLE, Georgia - Gwinnett County police are searching for two men accused of spraying two Verizon store employees with mace during a robbery.
- Atlanta mayor says airport GM firing is 'about the future' Updated: May-23-16 4:25 pm
ATLANTA - Days after firing Miguel Southwell, former general manager of the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Mayor Kasim Reed said he has no bad feelings about Southwell and wants to go in a new direction.