- Coastal Ga. residents urged to watch Tropical Storm Erika Updated: Aug-27-15 12:08 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Emergency officials on the Georgia coast are urging residents to start preparing for possible trouble from Tropical Storm Erika.
- Watershed management to launch 'No Wipes in Pipes' campaign Updated: Aug-27-15 11:52 am
ATLANTA - Atlanta's Department of Watershed Management is launching a campaign to bring awareness to how flushing wipes affect the sewer systems.
- Nearly 200 patients qualify for medical marijuana registry Updated: Aug-27-15 10:21 am
ATLANTA - Public health officials reported nearly 200 patients have now qualified for Georgia's new medical marijuana registry, with an uptick in the number of doctors now approved to recommend cannabis oil as a treatment.
- 3rd-grader who shot child at school got gun in home kitchen Updated: Aug-27-15 10:13 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - A third-grader who accidentally shot a classmate at school found the weapon while exploring his family's kitchen, authorities said.
- 3rd-grader who shot child at school got gun in home kitchen Updated: Aug-27-15 8:10 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Officials in Georgia say a third-grader who accidentally shot a classmate at school found the weapon while exploring his family's kitchen.
- Man who dressed as Ninja to rob store is convicted Updated: Aug-27-15 6:53 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Authorities say a metro Savannah man who dressed as a Ninja to rob a pizza store has been convicted of armed robbery and assault charges.
- Metro Atlanta's jobless rate rises slightly to 6.1 percent Updated: Aug-27-15 5:52 am
ATLANTA - State labor officials say metro Atlanta's unemployment rate has risen slightly, up to 6.1 percent.
- Former broadcaster in TV shooting was a volatile, angry man Updated: Aug-27-15 4:38 am
Even after gunning down a TV news reporter and cameraman during a live interview, Vester Lee Flanagan II continued to rage. But after a volatile career that had seen him fired at least twice for clashing with co-workers who recall him as an off-kilter loner, this would be the former broadcaster's last, brutal sign-off.
- Amelia Boynton Robinson noted as fearless, tireless leader Updated: Aug-27-15 2:46 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A newspaper photo of a woman who was beaten unconscious by law enforcement during a march across the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama, revealed to a wider audience the struggles and violence black people faced while fighting for the right to vote.
- Miller can't stop winless streak, Rockies beat Braves 6-3 Updated: Aug-26-15 11:50 pm
ATLANTA - Everything was in place for Shelby Miller to end his frustrating winless streak. And then everything fell apart in the seventh inning.
- Barnes has 3 hits to lead Rockies to 6-3 win over Braves Updated: Aug-26-15 11:33 pm
ATLANTA - The Colorado Rockies thought they missed their opportunity against Atlanta starter Shelby Miller. In the seventh inning, Miller gave them a second chance.
- Astros top last year's win total, beat Yankees 6-2 Updated: Aug-26-15 9:01 pm
NEW YORK - A green laser beam bounced around a fog-filled clubhouse, music blared from all corners of the darkened room. It's a postgame party that's becoming commonplace with these Houston Astros.
- In TV shooting, a volatile, angry man 'waiting to go BOOM' Updated: Aug-26-15 9:00 pm
Long before he filmed himself gunning down a TV reporter and cameraman during a live broadcast Wednesday, the man identified as the killer traced a twisted and volatile career path that saw him fired from at least two stations for conflicts with co-workers, leaving memories of an "off-kilter" loner easily angered by office humor.
- Pineda returns, chased in 5th as Yankees fall to Astros Updated: Aug-26-15 7:02 pm
NEW YORK - A little bunt caused a big problem for Michael Pineda and the New York Yankees.
- Falcons sign Grossman to compete for backup quarterback job Updated: Aug-26-15 5:47 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Rex Grossman believes he has a couple more seasons left in him.
- Man sentenced to 15 years in death of former basketball star Updated: Aug-26-15 5:05 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A Georgia judge has sentenced a man to 15 years in prison in the death of a former high school basketball star.
- Man faces feticide charge after shooting pregnant girlfriend Updated: Aug-26-15 3:11 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Authorities say a man is facing a feticide charge for shooting his pregnant former girlfriend during a rampage in northeast Georgia.
- Moogalian recounts train attack in French magazine interview Updated: Aug-26-15 3:04 pm
PARIS - The first inkling Mark Moogalian had that something was amiss on a high-speed train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris was when he saw a man dragging his suitcase into the bathroom.
- Georgia high school to continue using 'Rebels' nickname Updated: Aug-26-15 12:09 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Georgia - Officials say a high school in southeast Georgia will continue using the name "Rebels" but will make sure that its sports uniforms do not depict a Confederate soldier.
- Wildfire forces cabin evacuations near Augusta Updated: Aug-26-15 9:50 am
HELENA, Montana - A wildfire that started in the Benchmark area about 30 miles west of Augusta led to the evacuation of recreational cabins in the Lewis and Clark National Forest.
- Robbery of McDonald's workers, patrons prompts SWAT response Updated: Aug-26-15 7:55 am
KENNESAW, Georgia - Police are searching for a gunman who demanded money from customers at a McDonald's store northwest of Atlanta, prompting a Special Weapons and Tactics team to respond to the store.
- FBI offers reward in gang shooting at Middle Georgia bar Updated: Aug-26-15 7:10 am
MACON, Georgia - The FBI is offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to the arrest of a suspect in a nightclub shooting that left three men dead.
- Police investigate 2 sexual assault cases at Kennesaw State Updated: Aug-26-15 6:59 am
KENNESAW, Georgia - Authorities are investigating after two sexual assaults were reported at Kennesaw State University's main campus during the first week of fall classes.
- Georgia to start offering grads 'international skills' seal Updated: Aug-26-15 4:47 am
ATLANTA - State education officials say graduates who complete certain classes or activities can receive a diploma seal indicating their interest in international business or policy.
- Ga. drug treatment center to pay feds $20,000 to settle case Updated: Aug-26-15 4:32 am
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - A Georgia drug treatment center has agreed to pay $20,000 to settle allegations by federal investigators that it failed to keep required records of controlled drugs in its inventory.