- 2-time defending champ John Isner advances in Atlanta Open Updated: Jul-30-15 8:56 pm
ATLANTA - Two-time defending champion John Isner beat Radek Stepanek 7-6 (3), 7-6 (7) on Thursday night in his opening match in the Atlanta Open.
- Grand jury to review Clayton County sheriff shooting case Updated: Jul-30-15 8:25 pm
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - Gwinnett County prosecutors say the case of an off-duty sheriff shooting a real estate agent at a metro Atlanta model home will be reviewed by a grand jury.
- Dodgers bolster pitching in huge deal with Braves, Marlins Updated: Jul-30-15 7:23 pm
ATLANTA - The first-place Los Angeles Dodgers bolstered their pitching staff on the eve of the trade deadline, completing a 13-player deal with the Atlanta Braves and Miami Marlins on Thursday that sent two starters and two relievers to the NL West leader.
- Hawks coach enjoying time in Africa after hectic summer Updated: Jul-30-15 6:04 pm
ATLANTA - After a hectic start to the summer, Mike Budenholzer is doing important work in Africa while relishing some quality time with his wife and kids.
- Confederate flags left near Rev. Martin Luther King's church Updated: Jul-30-15 5:16 pm
ATLANTA - Police worked Thursday to identify two white males who were caught on surveillance camera laying Confederate battle flags neatly on the ground near the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.'s church.
- Democrats consider distance from Jefferson, Jackson Updated: Jul-30-15 4:45 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democratic parties in the three states that start the presidential nominating process are exploring ending their association with two former White House occupants: Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson.
- Bears' Jennings pleads guilty to reckless driving charge Updated: Jul-30-15 4:37 pm
BOURBONNAIS, Illinois - Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings pleaded guilty to reckless driving stemming from an arrest in Georgia in January.
- Boy who went missing from Georgia home is found safe Updated: Jul-30-15 1:07 pm
HIRAM, Georgia - Authorities searching for a 12-year-old boy who went missing from his home in Hiram, Georgia, say he was found safe after a Georgia state trooper spotted the car he was in near the Tennessee line. It was then stopped in Tennessee.
- The Latest: Police: Hate crime not ruled out over MLK flags Updated: Jul-30-15 12:59 pm
ATLANTA - The latest on the investigation into Confederate flags found at the Ebenezer Baptist Church near the Martin Luther King Jr. Center in Atlanta:
- Salesman sentenced for defrauding NBA legend Dr. J, others Updated: Jul-30-15 11:46 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A luxury car salesman has been sentenced to 80 months in federal prison for defrauding former NBA player Julius "Dr. J" Erving and others.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises beats Street 2Q forecasts Updated: Jul-30-15 8:04 am
ATLANTA - Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. (CCE) on Thursday reported second-quarter net income of $176 million.
- Thieves steal from school for special-needs students Updated: Jul-30-15 7:01 am
SANDY SPRINGS, Georgia - A metro Atlanta school that serves autistic children is without many of its supplies after thieves stole thousands of dollars in equipment with just days until classes start.
- Metro Savannah police: Son killed mother, then took own life Updated: Jul-30-15 6:20 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Police in Savannah say they've determined that the deaths of a mother and her adult son were a murder-suicide.
- 2 bodies found in vacant home destroyed in fire Updated: Jul-30-15 3:19 am
WARNER ROBINS, Georgia - The bodies of two men have been discovered inside a vacant Warner Robins home that was destroyed by a fire.
- Ex-Clayton County officer indicted on battery charge Updated: Jul-29-15 8:07 pm
JONESBORO, Georgia - A former metro Atlanta police officer who was recorded roughing up a homeowner while he was responding to a burglary call has been indicted by a grand jury.
- Disguised metro Atlanta police crackdown on texting drivers Updated: Jul-29-15 7:50 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - A metro Atlanta police department is using disguised officers to try catching drivers who are texting behind the wheel.
- 2 Memphis men indicted in Georgia on home invasion charges Updated: Jul-29-15 1:41 pm
ATLANTA - Two Tennessee men have been indicted on charges stemming from a home invasion in Atlanta's Buckhead neighborhood, federal prosecutors say.
- Norcross Police: Man killed sister before taking own life Updated: Jul-29-15 12:50 pm
NORCROSS, Georgia - Investigators believe a man stabbed his sister to death in a Norcross home before taking his own life, killings that went undiscovered for nearly two months, police said Wednesday.
- Southern Co. beats 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Jul-29-15 7:32 am
ATLANTA - Southern Co. (SO) on Wednesday reported second-quarter net income of $643 million.
- Man, 71, shot to death outside Family Dollar store Updated: Jul-29-15 6:34 am
ATLANTA - Police are investigating the shooting death of a 71-year-old man in the parking lot of a Family Dollar store in northwest Atlanta.
- Georgia back-to-school tax holiday begins Friday Updated: Jul-29-15 4:09 am
ATLANTA - Georgia retail officials say an upcoming sales tax holiday is meant to offer shoppers back-to-school savings.
- Mourners honor Navy officer killed in Chattanooga shootings Updated: Jul-28-15 8:15 pm
FORT OGLETHORPE, Georgia - Mourners gathered Tuesday afternoon in Georgia and Tennessee to line the procession route for a Navy officer who was fatally shot in attacks on military facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Georgia sues over distribution of state law annotations Updated: Jul-28-15 6:11 pm
ATLANTA - The state of Georgia is asking a judge to force a nonprofit organization to stop copying and distributing copies of annotations to the state's legal code.
- Lesson learned: Minor leaguer hits HR but misses plate Updated: Jul-28-15 6:08 pm
BALTIMORE - When a player hits a home run, there's really only one overriding rule when running the bases: Touch 'em all.
- Ex-Georgia deputy sheriff pleads not guilty in botched raid Updated: Jul-28-15 4:37 pm
ATLANTA - A former Habersham County deputy sheriff has pleaded not guilty to providing false information to get a warrant that led to a botched raid that left a toddler critically injured.