- Belgium to hire 1,000 more police to combat radicalism Updated: Feb-05-16 12:21 pm
BRUSSELS - The Belgian government on Friday approved a sweeping plan to combat Islamic radicalism and the threat of extremist violence by hiring 1,000 new police officers over the next four years.
- Brussels proposals to keep Britain in the EU under scrutiny Updated: Feb-02-16 2:27 pm
LONDON - A pivotal "in or out" referendum on Britain's future in the European Union moved one step closer Tuesday as British and European leaders presented new draft proposals aimed at keeping the 28-nation EU intact.
- The Latest: Hungary accepts UK efforts to stop benefit abuse Updated: Feb-02-16 10:17 am
BRUSSELS - The Latest on negotiations on changes to EU law aimed at keeping Britain in the bloc (all times local):
- Belgians, French meet to improve counterterrorism efforts Updated: Feb-01-16 3:27 pm
BRUSSELS - The prime ministers of Belgium and France vowed Monday to reinforce counterterrorism cooperation, with French Premier Manuel Valls warning it is only a matter of time before the next attack by violent extremists against Europeans occurs.
- The Latest: Dutch FM calls for EU unity in migrants crisis Updated: Jan-15-16 12:58 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - The latest on the continuing flow of people into and across Europe. All times local:
- EU chief says Europe's reputation hurt over refugee effort Updated: Jan-15-16 9:51 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union's reputation is being tarnished by the failure of member countries to manage the refugee emergency, European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker warned Friday.
- Belgians report progress in tracing Paris attackers Updated: Jan-13-16 8:09 am
BRUSSELS - Belgian investigators say they have now identified three homes used by suspects to prepare the deadly attacks in Paris in November, as they piece together the actions of the group which killed 130 people in the French capital on Nov. 13.