- Mayor of Burlington proposes rules for ridesharing companies Updated: Jun-02-15 9:19 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The mayor of Burlington is asking the City Council to approve new rules that would allow ridesharing companies to continue operating while allowing conventional taxi companies to compete.
- Van window belonging to Vermont Humane Society smashed again Updated: Jun-02-15 7:29 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Officials at a Vermont Humane Society office say recent vandalism against them prevents them from doing their job.
- 1 of 3 women to accuse Vermont senator in assault case dies Updated: Jun-01-15 5:47 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A woman listed in court documents as one of three victims in a sexual assault case against a Vermont state senator has died.
- Massachusetts man charged in groping of woman, teen Updated: Jun-01-15 9:15 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Police in Burlington say they've caught the man responsible for groping a woman and a teen at a marathon.
- Break-in reported at 70-year-old Burlington diner Updated: Jun-01-15 8:26 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A family-run diner in Burlington has reported a break-in over the weekend.
- Burlington company gets state's 1st commercial drone permit Updated: May-31-15 3:25 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Burlington company that develops software and hardware for drones is the first company in Vermont granted a permit from the federal government to use the unmanned vehicles for commercial purposes.
- Sanders calls for candidate debates this summer Updated: May-31-15 2:01 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont U.S. Sen Bernie Sanders is calling for early presidential candidate debates - possibly this summer - to flesh out opinions and stimulate voter interest.
- Addison County focuses on treatment for opiate addiction Updated: May-31-15 1:08 pm
BRISTOL, Vermont - Nearly a year after the governor held a community forum at the State House on opiate addiction, volunteer teams around the state have been working to fight the problem at home.
- Special Olympic Vermont's summer games kick off Updated: May-30-15 9:56 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Special Olympics Vermont summer games are underway in Burlington.
- Funeral June 6 for longtime Vermont newsman Updated: May-30-15 9:37 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Funeral arrangements are set for longtime television newsman Marselis Parsons.
- Anglers reminded that lake sturgeon endangered in Vermont Updated: May-30-15 8:37 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - With fishing season underway, anglers are being reminded that lake sturgeon are an endangered species in Vermont and must be released immediately if any of the fish are caught.
- Woman sentenced after pleading guilty to benefits fraud Updated: May-29-15 2:18 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont woman has been sentenced to serve six months of home confinement and pay back over $40,000 after she pleaded guilty to Social Security fraud.
- Vermont's 911 system experiences 'phantom call' increase Updated: May-29-15 9:17 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Officials with Vermont's 911 system say it experienced artificial spikes in call volume - also called phantom calls - for about an hour Thursday.
- Bernie Sanders posts video on campaign website's error page Updated: May-29-15 9:01 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is one of a few candidates customizing an error page on their campaign websites.
- Vermont company in dispute with Facebook over name Updated: May-29-15 6:18 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont upstart is disputing Facebook's claim that their name infringes on the social media giants trademark.
- Marathon issues statement on shortage of medals Updated: May-28-15 5:08 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The People's United Bank Vermont City Marathon is apologizing for not having enough medals for finishers on Sunday.
- Burlington police seek suspect in downtown assault Updated: May-25-15 10:18 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Burlington police are seeking a suspect who tried to steal a woman's purse and then assaulted a man walking with her.
- Vermont hosting Great Lakes scientists at not-so-great lake Updated: May-24-15 12:49 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Scientists at the University of Vermont still chuckle at the memory of Lake Champlain's brief listing as the sixth Great Lake, and they don't hold a grudge: those who spent years studying the not-so-great lake are hosting colleagues from across the globe eager to hear about the latest research about the world's largest bodies of fresh water.
- 2 June business sessions to focus on online security Updated: May-24-15 11:38 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont businesses looking to boost their online security will have two chances to attend conferences on the topic in June.
- Sanders to kick off campaign in Burlington's Waterfront Park Updated: May-24-15 10:07 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Senator Bernie Sanders returns to the Lake Champlain waterfront - where he led rebuilding efforts as mayor of Burlington - to kick off his campaign for president.
- About 8,000 to take part in Vermont City Marathon Updated: May-24-15 10:00 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - About 8,000 contestants are expected to participate in the Vermont City Marathon.
- Obama nominates Miller as US attorney for Vermont Updated: May-22-15 7:48 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - President Barack Obama has nominated Burlington lawyer Eric Miller to serve as the next U.S. attorney for Vermont.
- Uber driver charged with sexually assaulting woman Updated: May-21-15 5:25 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - An Uber car driver has been charged with sexually assaulting an incapacitated woman in February.
- 31st Vermont Chamber Business & Industry EXPO gets underway Updated: May-21-15 3:39 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Champlain Cable Corporation of Colchester has won the 2014 Deane C. Davis Outstanding Business of the Year award.
- 2 South Burlington employees not charged in police conflict Updated: May-21-15 12:15 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Officials say two South Burlington city employees will avoid prosecution following a confrontation with Chittenden County sheriff's deputies that included one officer drawing his gun.