- State Police: Slow down on Vermont's highways Updated: Aug-28-15 4:08 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police say they have caught at least six drivers in three weeks for speeding in excess of 100 mph along the state's highways.
- Incoming Burlington school superintendent gets work visa Updated: Aug-27-15 4:37 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Canadian man who has been hired to become the next superintendent of the Burlington School District has finally received the visa he needs to start work.
- Interfaith group hosts discussions on "moral economy" Updated: Aug-26-15 8:59 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Clergy Caucus of Vermont Interfaith Action is hosting discussions around the state on building what it calls Vermont's moral economy.
- Jury awards sex abuse victim $1M following 4-day civil trial Updated: Aug-24-15 4:39 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Burlington law firm says a jury awarded the victim of sexual abuse by a Vermont former middle school paraeducator $1 million in damages following a four-day civil trial.
- Vermont high court rejects challenge to Burlington highway Updated: Aug-22-15 8:43 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Supreme Court has rejected the final legal challenge for a long-delayed roadway from Interstate 189 into downtown Burlington.
- Man convicted in stabbing death waives chance for appeal Updated: Aug-21-15 7:13 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont man convicted last year of stabbing his neighbor to death has chosen not to appeal his case.
- Judge: Evidence backs suicide claims in fatal car crash case Updated: Aug-21-15 3:28 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A judge in the case of a Vermont woman charged in a fatal crash on Interstate 89 says evidence supports the prosecution's claims that she tried to take her own life.
- Craigslist thread shames drivers for shoddy parking Updated: Aug-20-15 1:13 pm
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Drivers in Vermont are taking their frustrations over shoddy parking to the Internet.
- Residents debate whether school nickname is appropriate Updated: Aug-20-15 10:07 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - The rebel could be on its way out of a Vermont high school.
- Retrial of Vermont man in war crimes case set for early '16 Updated: Aug-18-15 11:05 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont man is expected to face a second trial early next year on charges he lied about his role in Bosnian war crimes during the early 1990s.
- Vermont police investigate death of inmate in women's prison Updated: Aug-17-15 6:38 pm
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police detectives are investigating the untimely death of a 49-year-old inmate at the Chittenden Regional Correctional Center in South Burlington.
- Selectman in small northern Vermont town arrested Updated: Aug-16-15 11:17 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Authorities say a selectman from a small town in northern Vermont is facing a felony drug distribution charge in federal court.
- Health Department urges HPV vaccine for girls and boys Updated: Aug-16-15 8:34 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Department of Health says not enough Vermont teens are fully vaccinated against human papilloma virus - a sexually transmitted disease that can lead to cancer later.
- 2 Vermont utilities warn of scam callers Updated: Aug-15-15 9:59 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Two Vermont electric utilities are warning customers about an ongoing bill payment phone scam that threatens customers with disconnection if they do not pay immediately.
- EPA sets Lake Champlain pollution reduction goal for Vermont Updated: Aug-14-15 3:58 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency set a new pollution reduction goal for the Vermont side of Lake Champlain Friday and state officials said they are already working on long-term plans to meet those goals by keeping pollutants from reaching the rivers and streams that feed the lake.
- Vermont police: Man on train had 2,250 bags of heroin Updated: Aug-13-15 6:16 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Prosecutors say a New Jersey man faces federal drug trafficking charges in Vermont after police say they seized about 2,250 bags of heroin from him at the train station in Essex Junction.
- Vermont man gets 16 months in federal prison for standoff Updated: Aug-13-15 4:07 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A 37-year-old Vermont man who held police at bay from the roof of his Newport home is going to spend 16 months in federal prison after being convicted of being a drug user in possession of a firearm.
- Housing trust to convert motel into apartments for homeless Updated: Aug-12-15 7:17 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Plans are underway to convert a motel in South Burlington into efficiency and studio apartments.
- Fisherman on TV's 'Wicked Tuna' pleads not guilty to fraud Updated: Aug-10-15 7:05 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A fisherman featured on the reality show "Wicked Tuna" pleaded not guilty Monday to federal fraud charges that he collected government benefits while claiming to be disabled.
- The Latest: More charges could take time, attorney says Updated: Aug-10-15 4:38 pm
BARRE, Vermont - The latest in the case of a Vermont woman who police say fatally shot a social worker because she was upset about losing custody of her 9-year-old daughter. Police believe she also killed two cousins and an aunt (all times local):
- Officials: Mom who lost custody kills kids' services worker Updated: Aug-07-15 11:06 pm
BARRE, Vermont - A woman who was upset about losing custody of her daughter used a hunting rifle to fatally shoot a child-welfare agency worker who had handled her case, authorities said.
- Details of stabbing released in man's death penalty retrial Updated: Aug-07-15 5:22 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Federal prison records say a man accused of killing of a Vermont supermarket worker in 2000 used a 9-inch handmade metal shank to stab a fellow inmate in the neck in a federal prison.
- Vermont gets $3 million to expand opioid addiction treatment Updated: Aug-07-15 4:17 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont is getting $3 million in federal funding to expand treatment options for addiction to heroin and other opioids, officials announced Friday.
- Vermont Gas announces small rate decrease Updated: Aug-07-15 4:08 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont Gas System - the state's only provider of piped natural gas - says its nearly 50,000 customers in Chittenden and Franklin counties will see a small rate decrease beginning this month.
- Burlington airport gets $2.6 m for runway improvements Updated: Aug-07-15 4:07 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Burlington International Airport is getting $2.6 million in federal grants for runway improvements.