- "Lost Shul" mural to be unveiled Sunday in Burlington Updated: Aug-02-15 3:35 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - This weekend will mark the official unveiling of the "Lost Shul," an Eastern European-style Jewish folk art mural that was hidden behind a wall for decades and has recently been restored.
- President Obama signs disaster declaration for Vermont Updated: Jul-31-15 9:19 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - President Barack Obama has signed a disaster declaration that will make federal funds available to Vermont for storm recovery.
- Arizona man gets 15 years in 2007 Vermont stabbing death Updated: Jul-29-15 11:14 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont judge has sentenced a man to 15 years in prison after he was convicted of second-degree murder in the stabbing death of a man in 2007.
- Woman accused of multiple counts of forgery Updated: Jul-29-15 8:04 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - A woman faces multiple counts of forgery after police in South Burlington accused her of paying for items with bank checks linked to a stolen purse.
- Burlington police investigate shooting near store Updated: Jul-28-15 7:04 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Burlington police are trying to find out who shot a man in the leg outside a store.
- Vermont Air National Guard to hold open house Updated: Jul-26-15 8:22 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Air National Guard is going to be holding an open house at its South Burlington base.
- U of Vermont Extension says basil threat found in Burlington Updated: Jul-25-15 8:16 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The University of Vermont Extension Service says the first case of the season of "downy mildew" has been found on a basil sample taken from a garden in Burlington.
- Vt natural gas provider, NY pipe contractor sue each other Updated: Jul-24-15 11:49 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont natural gas provider and a New York pipe contractor have filed lawsuits against each other claiming breach of contract involving a proposed 42-mile natural gas transmission pipeline.
- Legal Aid sues over Reach-Up cuts for people on disability Updated: Jul-24-15 4:05 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A state budget cut targeted at people who get both state public assistance and Social Security disability payments is drawing a class-action lawsuit from Vermont Legal Aid.
- Visa issue continues to hinder new Burlington superintendent Updated: Jul-23-15 2:47 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Burlington School District has paid more than $20,000 to immigration lawyers in an attempt to secure a visa for its new superintendent.
- Plans progressing for Burlington coal plant redevelopment Updated: Jul-22-15 3:41 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Planners say an estimated $34 million redevelopment of a derelict Burlington coal plant is progressing.
- Economic upturn seen spreading through Vermont Updated: Jul-22-15 8:56 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont's economic recovery from the Great Recession has been led by Chittenden County, but other parts of the state are now starting to see signs of economic life as well.
- Officer pleads not guilty to off-duty fatal DUI Updated: Jul-20-15 5:29 pm
ST. ALBANS, Vermont - A Burlington police officer has pleaded not guilty to charges she was driving drunk in an off-duty crash that led to the death of an elderly man.
- First NAACP branch started in Vermont Updated: Jul-19-15 12:10 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont, one of the whitest states in the country, has its first official branch of the NAACP after more than 100 years.
- Officials believe snake is abandoned pet boa constrictor Updated: Jul-19-15 9:40 am
SHELBURNE, Vermont - The snake isn't the kind one would typically find at a rural Vermont pond.
- Fentanyl intensifies Vermont battle against illegal drugs Updated: Jul-17-15 4:51 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Police and public health officials in Vermont have been warning for months about the danger of the drug fentanyl, a powerful, synthetic narcotic they say has intensified their battle against the surge in heroin and opioid abuse.
- Police: 2 Vermont brothers died of 'fentanyl intoxication' Updated: Jul-16-15 1:17 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Police say an autopsy has determined that two Vermont brothers found dead last month in a Burlington apartment died of "fentanyl Intoxication."
- NYPD officer pleads not guilty in Vermont to drug charge Updated: Jul-15-15 6:20 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A New York Police Department officer arrested for conspiring to distribute oxycodone in Vermont has pleaded not guilty in federal court in Burlington.
- Considering governor's run, Dunne jumps out on fundraising Updated: Jul-15-15 5:35 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Political veteran Matt Dunne, a likely Democratic candidate for governor, said Wednesday he has raised about $135,000 from campaign contributors in less than three weeks.
- Cliff jumper dies of blunt force trauma from hitting water Updated: Jul-14-15 2:29 pm
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Police say a man who jumped 70 feet from a cliff into a Vermont lake has died of blunt force trauma from hitting the water.
- Vermont Air National Guard to hold open house Updated: Jul-13-15 4:08 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Air National Guard will open their gates to the public for an open house next month.
- Blue-green algae spotted on Lake Champlain in Burlington Updated: Jul-11-15 9:49 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Blue-green algae has been spotted again on Lake Champlain.
- Burlington, Uber ride-hailing company reach operating deal Updated: Jul-10-15 4:11 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The city and the Uber ride-hailing service have signed an agreement to allow Uber to temporarily operate in the city and at the airport, the mayor's office announced Friday.
- Court overturns sex assault convictions of Vermont man Updated: Jul-10-15 1:59 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A man serving a 20-year prison sentence for sexually assaulting a child has been released after his convictions were overturned on what prosecutors called a technicality.
- Burlington neighborhood awarded for marathon spirit Updated: Jul-10-15 4:04 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Burlington community has won the title of most spirited in the Vermont City Marathon.