- Alaska moves to prosecute witness in Ted Stevens trial Updated: Feb-05-16 6:25 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska's attorney general is again seeking an explanation from the U.S. Department of Justice on why it did not file child exploitation charges against a businessman who testified in the corruption trial of the late U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens.
- Person dies in single-vehicle Anchorage traffic crash Updated: Feb-05-16 11:26 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A fatal car crash early Friday morning closed a busy Anchorage intersection.
- Suspected shoplifters fire BB gun at security guards Updated: Feb-04-16 8:49 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A fourth juvenile has been arrested in shoplifting incident that left two Anchorage security guards injured by a BB gun.
- Alaska judge hears arguments in Medicaid expansion case Updated: Feb-04-16 4:48 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A state court judge in Anchorage heard arguments Thursday in a lawsuit challenging Alaska Gov. Bill Walker's authority to expand Medicaid without legislative approval.
- The Latest: Judge hear arguments in Medicaid expansion case Updated: Feb-04-16 2:59 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Latest on a lawsuit over Medicaid expansion in Alaska (all times local):
- Lawmakers hear on resolution to strengthen state's rights Updated: Feb-03-16 8:40 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A Senate committee heard testimony on Wednesday on an effort to amend the U.S. Constitution and establish a mechanism for states to overturn certain federal decisions.
- House passes bill updating military justice code Updated: Feb-03-16 5:45 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska House on Wednesday passed a bill designed to strengthen the state's Military Code of Justice.
- Bill would protect animals in domestic violence situations Updated: Feb-01-16 9:10 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A state House committee heard testimony Monday on legislation spelling out protections for animals caught in domestic violence situations or in messy break-ups between couples.
- Researchers find source of 1964 devastating Alaska tsunami Updated: Feb-01-16 8:04 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Researchers from the U.S. Geological Survey have solved a 50-year natural science mystery: the undersea source of tsunami waves that devastated a remote Alaska village following the 1964 Great Alaska Earthquake.
- Want to feel better? Move to Hawaii, Alaska Updated: Jan-28-16 4:04 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - If you want to improve your sense of well-being, leave the Lower 48.
- Anchorage police arrest armed man after morning stand-off Updated: Jan-27-16 7:20 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 28-year-old Anchorage man with knives who at one point charged police was subdued after apparently stabbing himself in the neck.
- Arrest made in fire that burned Anchorage auto body shop Updated: Jan-27-16 4:15 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A man suspected of starting a fire that burned an Anchorage auto body repair shop has been arrested.
- Snow plow kills woman walking dog in school parking lot Updated: Jan-27-16 12:39 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A woman walking her dog in an Anchorage school parking lot was struck and killed Tuesday night by a snow plow.
- Man found dead in Aniak home; troopers seek home-owner Updated: Jan-27-16 12:04 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A man was found dead Monday at a home in the southwest Alaska village of Aniak and Alaska State Troopers are trying to find the home owner.
- Walker permanent fund plan gets 1st hearing by Senate panel Updated: Jan-26-16 10:32 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The chairman of the Senate State Affairs Committee said Tuesday that he wants to vet several ideas surrounding the use of Alaska Permanent Fund earnings.
- Case inspires bill to allow yearly checks for cleared felons Updated: Jan-26-16 5:29 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - State lawmakers are considering a bill that would allow Alaskans who have had felony convictions overturned and charges later dismissed to become eligible for the yearly checks most Alaskans receive from the state's oil wealth.
- Troopers: Child killed in village was shot by 11-year-old Updated: Jan-26-16 2:33 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a 5-year-old boy was playing video games in his living room when he was fatally shot by an 11-year-old child.
- Alaska quake Q&A: Geologists explain state's vulnerability Updated: Jan-25-16 6:56 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A massive weekend earthquake in Alaska cracked a road, broke natural gas lines and destroyed four homes. But the magnitude-7.1 quake wasn't the first or even the biggest temblor to rock the state.
- The Latest: Alaska earthquake caused only minor road damage Updated: Jan-25-16 5:40 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The latest following the magnitude-7.1 earthquake that hit southcentral Alaska early Sunday (all times local):
- Southwest Alaska village child dies in accidental shooting Updated: Jan-25-16 11:43 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers are investigating the accidental shooting death of a child in Kokhanok (kahk-HOH'-nak).
- Avalanche deaths spur demand for survival courses Updated: Jan-24-16 11:49 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - More people are interested in preparedness courses in southcentral Alaska following avalanche deaths in the Hatcher Pass area this winter.
- Bethel woman sentenced in father's heroin death Updated: Jan-23-16 5:53 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Bethel woman who fatally injected her father with heroin will spend up to two years in prison.
- School district tries building meals kids will buy - and eat Updated: Jan-23-16 4:02 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Anchorage School District's dietitian is fed up with kids who hate their school lunches, so much they walk straight from the food line to the garbage.
- Anchorage School District plans to cut teacher jobs Updated: Jan-22-16 7:25 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Anchorage School District is looking to close a projected $10.9 million budget gap by cutting 53 teachers next year and increasing class sizes.
- Anchorage man who reported missing wife charged with murder Updated: Jan-21-16 9:08 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Anchorage man who reported his wife was missing has been charged with murder in the disappearance.