- Correction: Lake Erie Algae story Updated: Jul-29-15 9:38 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - In a story July 28 about toxins in lakes, The Associated Press reported erroneously on the affiliation of Milt Miller. He is restoration manager for Grand Lake St. Marys, not Lake Erie.
- 1 dead, 10 injured as church van crashes into train in Ohio Updated: Jul-29-15 9:29 am
CINCINNATI - A van carrying vacation Bible school students crashed through a crossing gate into the side of a freight train at a southwest Ohio rail crossing, killing an adult passenger and injuring nine children and the driver, authorities said Wednesday.
- US strength helps Goodyear top expectations Updated: Jul-29-15 8:55 am
AKRON, Ohio - The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. on Wednesday reported a drop in second-quarter profit as a strong U.S. dollar cut into international sales, but the results beat Wall Street expectations.
- Man says he petted zoo cougars after calling 'Here, kitty' Updated: Jul-29-15 8:40 am
DELAWARE, Ohio - An Ohio man who jumped a fence to pet cougars at the Columbus zoo and posted video of it on YouTube says he jokingly said "Here, kitty" and decided to move closer when the animals seemed to respond.
- Man pleads guilty over shot outside military recruiting site Updated: Jul-29-15 7:32 am
LANCASTER, Ohio - A civilian who accidentally fired a shot from an AR-15 rifle outside an Ohio military recruiting center while trying to guard it has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge.
- Family of Ohio man killed in police shooting has questions Updated: Jul-29-15 6:47 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Relatives have unanswered questions about the death of a man in a shooting by Ohio deputies who say he pointed a gun at them as they responded to a vehicle crash.
- 34 deer killed in Texas for chronic wasting disease testing Updated: Jul-29-15 5:16 am
HONDO, Texas - State officials have euthanized 34 deer at a breeding ranch in Medina County where a buck tested positive for chronic wasting disease last month.
- Authorities: Man drowns in Lake Erie in northeast Ohio Updated: Jul-29-15 4:58 am
EUCLID, Ohio - Authorities say a struggling swimmer drowned after he went underwater and didn't resurface in Lake Erie in northeast Ohio.
- Investigators: Man, woman dead in possible murder-suicide Updated: Jul-29-15 4:58 am
CLEVELAND - Police say two people are dead in a possible murder-suicide in Cleveland.
- Gov. Kasich, state officials to help open Ohio State Fair Updated: Jul-29-15 3:36 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) plans to join state officials to help kick off the Ohio State Fair.
- Ohio city to host discussion on skilled immigrants Updated: Jul-29-15 3:19 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A federal Labor Department official will be part of a discussion on highly skilled immigrants and a southwest Ohio city's efforts to attract them.
- Ohio board working on statewide deadly force standards Updated: Jul-29-15 3:08 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A new Ohio police standards board plans to hold its next meeting as it studies rules for law enforcement on the proper use of deadly force.
- With season sinking, Indians trade Murphy to Angels Updated: Jul-29-15 1:24 am
CLEVELAND - Their season wasting away, the Cleveland Indians started looking toward 2016.
- Ohio State coach Meyer, mascot celebrated in butter at fair Updated: Jul-28-15 11:40 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Winning another national championship has made Urban Meyer a butter man.
- Indians lose 2-1, home losing streak longest since '75 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:23 pm
CLEVELAND - When Trevor Bauer's curveball to Eric Hosmer sunk over the wall in right field, Cleveland's season dropped to a new low.
- Hosmer's homer in 9th lifts Royals to 2-1 win over Indians Updated: Jul-28-15 10:55 pm
CLEVELAND - Eric Hosmer pointed at his teammates celebrating wildly in the dugout and continued his trot around the bases.
- Mourners honor Navy officer killed in Chattanooga shootings Updated: Jul-28-15 8:15 pm
FORT OGLETHORPE, Georgia - Mourners gathered Tuesday afternoon in Georgia and Tennessee to line the procession route for a Navy officer who was fatally shot in attacks on military facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Authorities: Agency didn't want slaying suspect detained Updated: Jul-28-15 7:47 pm
CLEVELAND - U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents told Ohio sheriff's deputies weeks ago not to detain a man who is in the U.S. illegally and now suspected of killing a woman and wounding another during a crime spree, law enforcement officials said Tuesday.
- Mike Brown says Bengals might finally honor their past Updated: Jul-28-15 6:59 pm
CINCINNATI - Bengals owner Mike Brown has changed his mind and is willing to honor some of the franchise's best players at a stadium where there is virtually no trace of the past.
- Family of late black golf great accused of $1 million theft Updated: Jul-28-15 6:25 pm
CLEVELAND - The son and ex-daughter-in-law of late black golf pioneer Charlie Sifford were indicted Tuesday on charges they stole more than $1 million from him.
- Johnny Cueto joins Royals following trade Updated: Jul-28-15 6:05 pm
CLEVELAND - Johnny Cueto spent part of his first hours with the Kansas City Royals running up and down the steps inside an empty Progressive Field.
- 4th man enters plea in rock-throwing that hurt Ohio teacher Updated: Jul-28-15 5:20 pm
LEWISBURG, Pennsylvania - An 18-year-old man pleaded no contest Tuesday to participating in a rock throwing episode from an interstate overpass last year that caused grave head and brain injuries to an Ohio middle school teacher.
- Funeral held for man killed in Ohio traffic-stop shooting Updated: Jul-28-15 4:53 pm
CINCINNATI - Funeral services for a man fatally shot by a University of Cincinnati police officer who stopped him for a missing license plate drew hundreds of mourners Tuesday.
- Ohio Homeland Security leader Baron dies after illness Updated: Jul-28-15 4:16 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The state Department of Public Safety says Ohio's homeland security chief, Richard Baron, has died after an illness.
- Woman killed, infant hurt after car crashes into Ohio home Updated: Jul-28-15 4:07 pm
CLEVELAND - A northern Ohio woman died Tuesday when a car crashed into her living room, striking her as she sat on a couch, authorities said.