- 'Mommy loves you!': Boy rescued after gorilla is shot at zoo Updated: May-29-16 4:52 pm
CINCINNATI - Panicked zoo visitors watched helplessly and shouted, "Stay calm!" while one woman yelled, "Mommy loves you!" as a 400-pound-plus gorilla loomed over a 4-year-old boy who had fallen into a shallow moat at the Cincinnati Zoo.
- Kim, Tillman lead Orioles to 6-4 win over Indians Updated: May-29-16 4:52 pm
- The Latest: Family of boy in gorilla exhibit says he's fine Updated: May-29-16 4:46 pm
CINCINNATI - The Latest on the boy who fell into a gorilla exhibit at the Cincinnati Zoo (all times local):
- Ohio State advances to title game with 7-3 win over Spartans Updated: May-29-16 1:48 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Kyle Michalik and Seth Kinker combined to throw 6 1/3 scoreless innings of relief as Ohio State advanced to the Big 10 Conference Tournament championship game with a 7-3 win over Michigan State on Sunday.
- Ohio treasurer alleges governor killed online spending bill Updated: May-29-16 1:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's treasurer is accusing the governor of killing a signature bill in 2014 that would have assured the future of his online database of government spending.
- New Jersey Democratic senator to speak at Cleveland luncheon Updated: May-29-16 11:37 am
CLEVELAND - New Jersey's junior U.S. senator is scheduled to speak next month at a Democratic Party luncheon in Cleveland.
- In Covington, saving the past 1 film strip at a time Updated: May-29-16 10:58 am
COVINGTON, Kentucky - The basement of the 150-year-old Ice House in Covington is about the closest you can get to time travel.
- Boil-water alerts in Texas on the rise for many reasons Updated: May-29-16 10:44 am
DALLAS - A glass of drinking water hasn't been easy to come by lately for the 320,000 people in Corpus Christi.
- Urban farm in southwest Ohio offers hope for food deserts Updated: May-29-16 9:56 am
DAYTON, Ohio - An abandoned factory in an East Dayton neighborhood is producing again, but this time around the product is all green.
- Central Ohio man faces life for raping children Updated: May-29-16 9:46 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A 55-year-old central Ohio man is facing a possible life prison sentence after being convicted of raping two girls as his girlfriend stood by and participated in some of the assaults.
- College in Ohio plans customer service training for workers Updated: May-29-16 9:42 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - The president of the University of Toledo says about 200 of its employees will undergo customer service training this summer.
- Legislature names Cleveland freeway for former governor Updated: May-29-16 9:40 am
CLEVELAND - The Ohio Legislature is honoring a former Ohio governor by designating a freeway connecting downtown Cleveland and a western suburb as Richard F. Celeste Shoreway.
- Ola Kamara's hat trick lifts Crew over Real Salt Lake 4-3 Updated: May-28-16 11:39 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ola Kamara scored his first career MLS goal and added two more for a hat trick in the Columbus Crew's 4-3 victory over Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Ohio motorcycle crash Updated: May-28-16 10:44 pm
EATON TOWNSHIP, Ohio - The Ohio State Highway Patrol says one person has been killed and another injured when they were thrown from their motorcycle after it got a flat tire in Eaton Township.
- Dawson goes deep in 10th to lead Buckeyes past Spartans 3-2 Updated: May-28-16 9:52 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Ronnie Dawson homered leading off the top of the 10th inning Saturday night to send Ohio State to a 3-2 win over Michigan State that keeps the Buckeyes alive in the Big Ten tournament.
- Jimenez struggles again, Orioles make 4 errors in loss Updated: May-28-16 9:20 pm
CLEVELAND - There was a time when Ubaldo Jimenez was comfortable on the mound at Progressive Field.
- Ohio St. knocks Michigan out of B10 tournament with 11-4 win Updated: May-28-16 6:44 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Troy Kuhn went 3 for 4 with four RBIs, Ronnie Dawson was 3 for 5 with two RBIs, and Ohio State stayed alive in the Big Ten tournament with an 11-4 victory over Michigan on Saturday.
- Cleveland authorities to tout convention preparedness Updated: May-28-16 6:00 pm
CLEVELAND - City officials plan to present an overview of security preparation for this summer's Republican National Convention in Cleveland, seeking to counter continuing concerns about readiness to host the event expected to bring 50,000 visitors to northeast Ohio.
- Indians' Brantley unsure of return from shoulder injury Updated: May-28-16 3:12 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians outfielder Michael Brantley has no timetable for his return from the shoulder injury that has sidelined him for the second time this season.
- Authorities say nearly 800 pigs killed in Ohio barn fire Updated: May-28-16 2:55 pm
BELLEFONTAINE, Ohio - Authorities in Logan County say nearly 800 pigs, most of them young, have been killed in a barn fire.
- 1st female speaker in Ohio sees theater renamed in her honor Updated: May-28-16 2:35 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's first female House speaker is being honored with the renaming of a downtown Columbus theater.
- Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame welcomes 8 new members Updated: May-28-16 2:33 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The eight newest members of the Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame represent sports ranging from basketball to pistol shooting.
- Ohio plumber reunites long-lost class rings with owners Updated: May-28-16 12:48 pm
MANSFIELD, Ohio - Four long-lost class rings have been returned to the owners, thanks to a northern Ohio plumber.
- Up in smoke: group ends Ohio medical marijuana ballot drive Updated: May-28-16 12:45 pm
CINCINNATI - A group Saturday ended its effort to put a medical marijuana issue on Ohio's general election ballot.
- Ohio bill sets rules for last-minute orders on voting hours Updated: May-28-16 11:58 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bill headed to Ohio's governor could make it harder for people to get a court order to keep polling places open late on Election Day in the key swing state.