- ON FOOTBALL: Forget winners, losers; think NFL draft trends Updated: May-01-16 3:45 pm
Figuring out who won or lost in an NFL draft takes years, not hours. Finding trends is a whole lot easier.
- Ohio county, city at odds over human waste disposal Updated: May-01-16 3:12 pm
CINCINNATI - A southwest Ohio county is at odds with Cincinnati officials over the disposal of solid human waste.
- Teens cutting through Cleveland yard find body in house Updated: May-01-16 2:24 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland police say a group of 13- and 14-year-old boys taking a shortcut past a vacant house spotted a woman's body inside.
- Lawmakers: Investment plan aims to help hard-hit communities Updated: May-01-16 2:05 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Pushing idle investment capital into distressed communities is the goal of a proposal introduced in Congress last week.
- Did woman sway boy to kill his dad? Court raises doubts Updated: May-01-16 12:42 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - The paramedics who looked at Robert Breininger's lifeless body in his twin bed suspected right away that whatever happened didn't match the story being told by his 10-year-old son.
- Skeletal human remains found at 100-year-old music venue Updated: May-01-16 12:13 pm
CINCINNATI - Workers renovating a century-old performance hall discovered human remains under the orchestra pit and now archeologists are planning to analyze the bones.
- Ohio Supreme Court to hear arguments on police video case Updated: May-01-16 10:41 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has agreed to hear oral arguments on June 14 over access to police body camera videos.
- Report: High concentration of suburban poverty in Columbus Updated: May-01-16 10:26 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A new report on poverty in Ohio found that Columbus has the state's greatest concentration of suburban poor.
- Northeast Ohio women launch baby-sitting app Updated: May-01-16 10:06 am
AKRON, Ohio - When Akron-area women Amy Husted and Audrey Wallace arrived at the Female Entrepreneurship Summit in Cleveland last October, the only thing they knew about elevator pitches is what they learned binge-watching ABC's Shark Tank the week before.
- Feds seek public input on oil-and-gas leasing in Ohio forest Updated: May-01-16 9:14 am
ATHENS, Ohio - A federal agency is seeking public comments on a draft environmental assessment of proposed oil and gas leasing in Wayne National Forest in southeastern Ohio.
- Ohio resort plans new lodge for building destroyed in fire Updated: May-01-16 9:13 am
ZANESFIELD, Ohio - The operator of a western Ohio ski resort is finalizing design plans for a $6.5 million lodge to replace a building destroyed by fire last September.
- More funerals ahead for victims in Ohio shooting massacre Updated: May-01-16 2:27 am
PIKETON, Ohio - The long goodbyes continued for eight members of a rural Ohio family killed more than a week ago with a funeral for a young mother as authorities remained silent in what they've said will be a lengthy investigation.
- Simon struggles again as Reds lose sixth straight game Updated: May-01-16 12:50 am
PITTSBURGH - Cincinnati signed Alfredo Simon as a free agent during spring training hoping he could recapture the magic of 2014 he won 15 games for the Reds and pitched in the All-Star Game.
- Browns usher in new era with high-character draft class Updated: Apr-30-16 9:07 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Sitting at a crowded dais alongside four new teammates, each dressed smartly in suits with Browns lapel pins, linebacker Emmanuel Ogbah already feels a strong vibe about Cleveland's football future.
- Bills select Ohio State QB Cardale Jones 139th overall Updated: Apr-30-16 8:40 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - The Buffalo Bills filled their most pressing defensive needs early in the NFL draft before adding an intriguing long-term prospect at quarterback on Saturday.
- Chargers take J.J. Watt's brother, Derek, in 6th round Updated: Apr-30-16 8:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - J.J. Watt and Melvin Gordon had the same message to Derek Watt: Welcome to the NFL, bro.
- Saints draft Nigeria native who learned football in Canada Updated: Apr-30-16 8:20 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - David Onyemata's path to the NFL began when he followed in his sisters' footsteps by leaving Nigeria to attend college in Canada.
- Raiders trade up to take QB Cook in 4th round of NFL draft Updated: Apr-30-16 7:26 pm
CHICAGO - Connor Cook is the winningest quarterback in Michigan State history. Andrew Billings is coming off a dominant season on Baylor's defensive line.
- Bengals get defensive tackle, restock on final day of draft Updated: Apr-30-16 6:55 pm
CINCINNATI - The Bengals used the final day of the draft to help their defense, which is already one of the NFL's best.
- The Latest: Massachusetts Republicans elect 27 delegates Updated: Apr-30-16 6:12 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on Massachusetts Republicans selecting delegates at nine caucuses (all times local):
- The Mountain Press in Sevierville appoints new editor Updated: Apr-30-16 5:03 pm
SEVIERVILLE, Tennessee - Rhonda Bletner is the new editor of The Mountain Press.
- The Latest: 2nd funeral underway in Ohio shooting massacre Updated: Apr-30-16 3:43 pm
PIKETON, Ohio - The Latest on the shooting massacre in rural Ohio (all times local):
- Man convicted in string of thefts from Ohio animal shelters Updated: Apr-30-16 2:30 pm
DELAWARE, Ohio - A central Ohio man has been convicted of taking part in a string of thefts from animal shelters around the state.
- Prosecutors: man with HIV used dirty needle to tattoo girl Updated: Apr-30-16 2:10 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Prosecutors in Ohio have charged an HIV positive man who they say used the same needle to give himself and his stepdaughter tattoos.
- Officials break ground on Cedar Point youth sports complex Updated: Apr-30-16 11:21 am
SANDUSKY, Ohio - Officials at Ohio's Cedar Point amusement park have broken ground on a $23.5 million youth-sports complex.