- FBI says lasers distracted pilots over Cleveland airport Updated: Feb-06-16 7:30 am
CLEVELAND - Federal officials say pilots of commercial airliners landing at the Cleveland airport have been distracted by lasers more than two dozen times since December.
- Columbus Zoo's polar bear cub named Nora after public vote Updated: Feb-06-16 7:00 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The 3-month-old female polar bear cub at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium will be named Nora.
- About 244,000 Ohioans sign up for coverage under Obama's law Updated: Feb-06-16 6:31 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Nearly 244,000 Ohioans signed up for private insurance or renewed coverage through the federal marketplace created by President Barack Obama's health law.
- Sentencing set for trail-hiking embezzlement fugitive Updated: Feb-06-16 6:15 am
CINCINNATI - A federal judge in southwest Ohio has scheduled sentencing for March 30 for a Kentucky accountant who spent much of six years as a fugitive hiking the Appalachian Trail.
- Manziel's troubles mount, police open criminal investigation Updated: Feb-06-16 4:53 am
Johnny Manziel's troubles - both legal and personal - are worsening.
- Ohio man sentenced to almost 12 years in heroin case in La. Updated: Feb-06-16 4:15 am
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Attorney in New Orleans says an Ohio man has been sentenced to 11 years and eight months in prison for heroin distribution.
- The Latest: Browns owner reached out Manziel, no response Updated: Feb-05-16 11:59 pm
CLEVELAND - The Latest on troubled quarterback Johnny Manziel (all times local):
- Bradley's 3-pointer at horn gives Celtics 104-103 win Updated: Feb-05-16 11:24 pm
CLEVELAND - Once he got control of the ball and let his shot fly, Avery Bradley prepared to get mobbed.
- Jackson, Williams help Akron beat Central Michigan 92-87 Updated: Feb-05-16 10:28 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Freshman Josh Williams hit six 3-pointers and scored 22, both season highs, and Antino Jackson added 18 points on 7-of-9 shooting to help Akron beat Central Michigan 92-87 Friday night.
- The Latest: Clinton makes pitch to young NH voters Updated: Feb-05-16 10:20 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The Latest from the 2016 campaign trail with days to go until the New Hampshire primary (all times local):
- Association honors work by Iowa newspapers Updated: Feb-05-16 10:01 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Des Moines Register was named Friday as the Iowa Newspaper Association 2016 "Newspaper of the Year."
- The Latest: 6-year-old hit by falling tree limb dies Updated: Feb-05-16 8:10 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on a winter storm that dropped more than a foot of snow on some areas of the Northeast (all times local):
- Brawl erupts after girls high school game, 2 players charged Updated: Feb-05-16 6:21 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Police investigating a brawl involving players, coaches and fans following a girls high school basketball game in Ohio have charged two teammates in the melee.
- Pavin, Hamilton share 1st-round lead on PGA Tour Champions Updated: Feb-05-16 5:55 pm
BOCA RATON, Florida - In conditions that more resembled a British Open than South Florida, former major champions Corey Pavin and Todd Hamilton shot 6-under 66s Friday to tie for the first-round lead in the Allianz Championship.
- Judge: Discovery done in protracted Libertarian suit in Ohio Updated: Feb-05-16 5:36 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A judge has declared the evidence-gathering phase closed in the Libertarian Party of Ohio's protracted lawsuit over disqualification of two of its statewide candidates in 2014.
- Bottled water urged for kids, pregnant women amid lead scare Updated: Feb-05-16 4:52 pm
SEBRING, Ohio - New advisories being sent to Ohio communities previously found to have high lead levels in tap water suggest children and pregnant women in those areas should instead drink bottled or filtered water.
- The Latest: Amid lead concerns, bottled water urged for some Updated: Feb-05-16 4:04 pm
SEBRING, Ohio - The Latest on concerns about lead in residents' tap water around Ohio (all times local):
- Review IDs safeguards against future fraud at Ohio treasury Updated: Feb-05-16 3:55 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Other individuals inside Ohio's treasury knew or should have known that a former deputy treasurer was committing fraud, according to the findings of an independent review that suggested a host of safeguards against future wrongdoing.
- Ohio deputy fatally shoots suspect holding pellet gun Updated: Feb-05-16 3:04 pm
A deputy confronting a man who had just stabbed his wife fired two fatal shots after the man ignored several warnings to drop what turned out to be a pellet gun and said "it's time to die," an Ohio sheriff said Friday.
- The Latest: Sheriff says man shot by deputy had pellet gun Updated: Feb-05-16 2:42 pm
PERRY, Ohio - The Latest on the fatal shooting of an armed man by an Ohio sheriff's deputy (all times local):
- Judge: No wrongdoing by prosecutors in freed inmate's case Updated: Feb-05-16 12:09 pm
CLEVELAND - A county and three officials were cleared of any wrongdoing in the case of an Ohio man freed after serving two decades in prison for a murder his attorneys say he didn't commit.
- Arnold, Montel back Kasich presidential bid as NH vote nears Updated: Feb-05-16 11:46 am
In answer to New Hampshire voters flocking to The Donald, John Kasich (KAY'-sik) is battling his Republican presidential rival by bringing in The Arnold - and former television host Montel Williams.
- 2 dead in shooting at northeast Ohio home, 1 in custody Updated: Feb-05-16 11:31 am
HINCKLEY, Ohio - Police say two people have been killed in an early morning shooting in northwest Ohio.
- Police: Possible howler monkey on the lam in Ohio's capital Updated: Feb-05-16 10:48 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A search is underway for a monkey on the lam in central Ohio.
- State auditor to probe Cincinnati sewer district spending Updated: Feb-05-16 9:42 am
CINCINNATI - Ohio's auditor is planning a special study of the finances of Cincinnati's sewer district after a newspaper's report that it spent hundreds of millions of public dollars with little or no oversight at a time when residents' sewer rates have risen steadily.