- Mourinho says striker Diego Costa is happy at Chelsea Updated: Jun-02-15 9:39 am
SYDNEY - Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says striker Diego Costa is happy at Chelsea despite reports saying he wants to go back to Spain.
- Full-strength Chelsea down Sydney FC 1-0 in Olympic Stadium Updated: Jun-02-15 8:40 am
SYDNEY - English Premier League champion Chelsea beat Sydney FC 1-0 at a sold-out Olympic Stadium in Sydney and capped off a successful Asian tour on Tuesday.
- Chelsea makes rare trip Down Under for match against Sydney Updated: May-31-15 1:59 am
SYDNEY - Premier League champion Chelsea arrived in Sydney on Sunday for Tuesday's 83,500 sellout match at the Olympic stadium, the English side's first trip to Australia in 41 years.
- Australian boy in Syria creates quandary for government Updated: May-27-15 8:29 am
CANBERRA, Australia - A 7-year-old Australian boy who horrified the world a year ago when he was photographed holding the severed head of a Syrian soldier by the hair has created a quandary for the government, which wants to make scores of Australian fighters in the Middle East someone else's problem by revoking their citizenship.
- California looks to Australia for tips on surviving drought Updated: May-25-15 9:32 pm
SYDNEY - California has turned to the world's driest inhabited continent for solutions to its longest and sharpest drought on record.
- Sydney siege inquest: Gunman secretive, defiant narcissist Updated: May-25-15 3:46 am
SYDNEY - The man who took 18 people hostage at a Sydney cafe last year was educated and erratic, secretive about his own life and public about his many grievances, and a self-obsessed fabulist whose life was spiraling downward in the lead-up to his deadly attack, lawyers told an inquest Monday.
- Sydney signs Senegal player Tavares for 2 more years Updated: May-20-15 10:56 pm
SYDNEY - Sydney FC has extended the contract of French-born Senegal international Mickael Tavares for a further two A-League seasons.
- FFA terminates Newcastle license over financial issues Updated: May-20-15 3:00 am
SYDNEY - Football Federation Australia has terminated the Newcastle Jets' A-League operating license hours after financially troubled owner Nathan Tinkler placed the club into voluntary administration with debts of 2.7 million Australian dollars ($2.14 million).
- Melbourne Victory win A-League title, beat Sydney FC 3-0 Updated: May-17-15 6:47 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Albanian striker Besart Berisha added to his team-leading goal total in the biggest match of the season, helping the Melbourne Victory to a 3-0 win over Sydney FC in the A-League grand final Sunday.
- Asian champion Western Sydney cut 10 players in Australia Updated: May-15-15 3:37 am
SYDNEY - Asian champion Western Sydney has sacked 10 players after a poor domestic A-League season, including Socceroo striker Tomi Juric and Champions League hero and goalkeeper Ante Covic.
- A-League final: anybody got a ticket for Sydney vs Victory? Updated: May-14-15 8:33 pm
The Melbourne Victory will host Sydney FC in the A-League's grand final on Sunday in a stadium that, quite frankly, is only about half as big as they'd prefer.
- SOLD!: Iconic 2000 Olympic rings from Sydney Harbour Bridge Updated: May-14-15 1:41 am
SYDNEY - The five massive rings from the Sydney Harbour Bridge which were the focal point of celebrations during the 2000 Olympics have been sold for 21,000 Australian dollars ($17,000).
- Study reveals gay discrimination in sports Updated: May-09-15 8:56 pm
SYDNEY - One in four gay men said they had received verbal threats of harm or had been bullied while participating in sports, and around 80 percent of people said they had witnessed such discrimination, according to a survey of 9,500 respondents.
- Sydney FC advances to A-League grand final against Victory Updated: May-09-15 8:03 am
SYDNEY - Captain Alex Brosque scored goals minutes before and after halftime Saturday to lead Sydney FC to a 4-1 win over Adelaide United and a berth in the A-League grand final against the Melbourne Victory.
- Western Sydney extends contract of coach Popovic to 2018 Updated: May-07-15 11:51 pm
SYDNEY - Reigning Asian club champion Western Sydney has extended the contract of coach Tony Popovic to the end of the 2017-18 season despite a disappointing A-League campaign.
- Prince Harry ends monthlong embedment with Australian army Updated: May-07-15 1:47 am
SYDNEY - Hundreds of cheering Australians crowded around Sydney's Opera House on Thursday to bid adieu to Britain's Prince Harry as he wrapped up a month-long embedment with the Australian army.