- Carlsbad, Artesia to oppose proposed county tax Updated: Aug-24-15 5:02 am
CARLSBAD, New Mexico - Carlsbad and Artesia officials are planning to object to a tax hike supported by Eddy County.
- Local officials blame feds for delay in nuke dump reopening Updated: Aug-23-15 5:19 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Making claims that have been drawing sharp criticism, the federal government said this week that an underground nuclear waste repository in southern New Mexico can't reopen because of safety concerns and equipment setbacks.
- Television stolen from Carlsbad motel is third this year Updated: Aug-23-15 11:55 am
CARLSBAD, New Mexico - A burglary at a Carlsbad motel on National Parks Highway marks the third time this year a television has been stolen from the business.
- Carlsbad man who escaped from jail gets 18-year prison term Updated: Aug-13-15 6:15 am
PORTALES, New Mexico - A Carlsbad man who escaped from jail last year and led Texas police on a high-speed chase in a stolen car has been sentenced to 18 years in prison.
- Calculation error prompts concern at nuke waste site Updated: Aug-05-15 5:55 am
CARLSBAD, New Mexico - The federal government's nuclear waste repository in southern New Mexico says a calculation error prompted short-lived concerns of a radiation release.
- Date for reopening nuke dump in New Mexico being pushed back Updated: Jul-31-15 5:19 pm
CARLSBAD, New Mexico - Officials at the federal government's troubled nuclear waste repository in southern New Mexico say the target date for reopening is being pushed back.