- Socialists hold off right-wing party to win Vienna vote Updated: Oct-11-15 5:25 pm
VIENNA - The Socialist party held on to Vienna city hall in a municipal election on Sunday, fighting off a challenge from a right-wing populist party campaigning on Austrian concerns over mass migration.
- Migrant influx boosts right-wing in key Austrian election Updated: Oct-08-15 4:16 pm
VIENNA - Just a few days after more than 100,000 people turned out in Vienna to support refugees, an anti-refugee party is poised to land a huge coup - a win at the polls that could see them take control of the Austrian capital.
- Saudi blogger's wife protests at Saudi Embassy in Vienna Updated: Oct-06-15 10:16 am
VIENNA - The wife of imprisoned Saudi blogger Raif Badawi has joined a small group of protesters in front of the Saudi Embassy in Vienna to demand his release.
- Europe's story: Layers of migration Updated: Oct-01-15 6:35 am
LONDON - London's Brick Lane Mosque started as a church for Protestants hounded from Catholic France - for whom the word "refugee" was first coined. Later, displaced Jews turned it into a synagogue. Today, Muslims kick off their shoes in the lobby before prayers.
- Austria missing 3 midfielders for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Sep-29-15 6:37 am
VIENNA - Already-qualified Austria will be without three regular starters in midfield for next month's European Championship qualifiers against Montenegro and Liechtenstein.
- Correction: Iran-Nuclear story Updated: Sep-21-15 10:53 am
VIENNA - In a story Sept. 20 about a trip to Iran by the head of the U.N. nuclear agency, The Associated Press erroneously referred to the place he was visiting as an Iranian nuclear site. In fact, it is a military site where some believe nuclear weapons work may have occurred.
- Carl Schorske, Pulitzer Prize-winning scholar, dead at 100 Updated: Sep-18-15 1:38 pm
NEW YORK - Carl E. Schorske, a Pulitzer Prize-winning historian and popular classroom lecturer whose "Fin-De-Siecle Vienna" is widely regarded as a classic work of intellectual scholarship, has died.