- Ex-Los Alamos scientist in nuke spy sting loses appeal Updated: Jun-01-15 4:12 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A former Los Alamos National Laboratory scientist convicted of offering to help develop nuclear weapons for Venezuela cannot appeal his five-year sentence because he gave up that right, a federal court said.
- Energy Department to investigate Los Alamos lab consortium Updated: May-29-15 10:09 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Following a series of electrical accidents, the U.S. Department of Energy has ordered two separate investigations of the contractor that manages the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- Los Alamos panel holding hearings on plastic bags ban plan Updated: May-23-15 5:04 am
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - A Los Alamos panel is holding hearing on a possible ban of single-use plastic bags.
- Many try to shape Valles Caldera's future Updated: May-18-15 12:29 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The National Park Service has a challenging task ahead as it transitions into management of the sweeping 88,900-acre Valles Caldera landscape in the Jemez Mountains.
- Talks break down over benefits for lab's security force Updated: May-06-15 7:22 pm
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - Talks between the security workers who protect Los Alamos National Laboratory and the subcontractor that employs them have broken down.
- Nuke lab workers recovering after being burned in accident Updated: May-06-15 11:58 am
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - One Los Alamos National Laboratory employee has been released from the hospital and another is in critical but stable condition after being burned in an accident last weekend at the nuclear weapons research facility.