- Niagara University provost named Northern State president Updated: May-26-16 5:00 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Niagara University Provost Timothy Downs has been named the next president of Northern State University.
- 4 arrested for spray paint damage at Aberdeen high school Updated: May-24-16 4:18 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Police in Aberdeen say they have arrested one man and three juveniles in connection with a weekend break-in at Central High School.
- Bomb squad responds to destructive device found in Aberdeen Updated: May-21-16 3:16 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A suspicious object known as a "sparkler bomb" was removed from the top of the Aberdeen American News Building and destroyed Friday without incident by the state Division of Criminal Investigation's bomb squad.
- Highway Patrol to hold seminars to recruit women to join Updated: May-20-16 8:28 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Highway Patrol is again reaching out to women who may want to work as state troopers.
- If confirmed, Native American site may delay $3.8B pipeline Updated: May-20-16 6:11 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Discovery of an archaeological site that may have cultural significance to Native Americans could further delay construction of a $3.8 billion oil pipeline if government officials require the route to be moved.
- 3 finalists named for Northern State University presidency Updated: May-20-16 12:11 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - The South Dakota Board of Regents has named three finalists for the presidency at Northern State University.
- Late-summer trial scheduled for suspect in Aberdeen slaying Updated: May-17-16 7:10 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Trial for an Aberdeen man accused of stabbing a woman to death has been scheduled for late summer, though the site still hasn't been finalized.
- New Hutterite colony adds new Edmunds County school Updated: May-15-16 10:35 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - The establishment of a new Hutterite colony is adding a new school in Edmunds County.
- Colony seeking to build 80,000-turkey confinement operation Updated: May-10-16 7:19 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A McPherson County Hutterite colony is looking to build an 80,000-turkey confinement operation northwest of Hosmer.
- Some Brown County residents asked to conserve water Updated: May-10-16 1:59 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Some Brown County residents are being asked to conserve their water use until reservoirs are replenished from a recent short-term spike in usage.
- 3 skimmer suspects in Aberdeen area now prosecuted federally Updated: May-10-16 11:24 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Three men accused of planting skimmers on gas pumps in the Aberdeen region are now being prosecuted federally.
- South Dakota farm operation a melting pot of foreign workers Updated: May-05-16 12:58 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - One man's farming operation has become a melting pot of foreign workers.
- Pioneering ethanol plant shuts down in South Dakota Updated: May-04-16 2:40 pm
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - An ethanol plant in northern South Dakota, which was one of the first in the country, recently was shut down because the facility is outdated.
- Police arrest suspect in Prince graffiti case in Aberdeen Updated: May-04-16 6:50 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Aberdeen police have made an arrest in a vandalism case that included spray-painted tags commemorating Prince.
- Brother owners of Aberdeen mortuary facing drug charges Updated: May-03-16 9:14 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - The owners of a mortuary business in Aberdeen are facing drug charges.
- Aberdeen man sings in attempt to break world record Updated: May-01-16 10:10 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - An Aberdeen man sang some 1,700 songs in succession in an attempt to break a world record.