- Colorado's battle over regulating fracking shifts to ballot Updated: May-03-16 2:14 pm
DENVER - Colorado's battle over who should regulate fracking - and how much - now shifts to the November election after the state Supreme Court overturned attempts by local governments to impose their own rules.
- Fort Collins police videos improperly logged Updated: Apr-30-16 3:52 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - The Fort Collins police department is trying to determine why police officers incorrectly logged body-mounted camera footage that could have affected dozens of cases. In several cases, attorneys had no way of knowing whether video evidence existed or could have been used by the defense.
- Jury acquits officer of trying to influence public official Updated: Apr-28-16 11:09 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - A jury has acquitted a police officer of trying to influence a public official in northern Colorado.
- Ex-CSU student gives $13 million for scholarships, buildings Updated: Apr-28-16 4:15 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - Colorado State University says an energy company CEO who attended the school is donating $13 million for scholarships and construction projects.
- 5,600 fish killed in Big Thompson after chemical spill Updated: Apr-27-16 11:11 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - State wildlife officials say more than 5,600 fish in the Big Thompson River have died as a result of a chemical runoff from a bridge reconstruction project.
- Woman convicted after teen son eats pot, jumps from window Updated: Apr-27-16 10:05 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - A Fort Collins woman has been convicted of a misdemeanor drug charge after her teenage son consumed edible marijuana and jumped from a third-story window.
- Anonymous benefactor steps up for Colorado wolf sanctuary Updated: Apr-26-16 12:38 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - An anonymous benefactor has stepped in with a key donation for a northern Colorado sanctuary for displaced, abused and neglected captive wolves and wolf dogs.
- Larimer County jail nearing full capacity Updated: Apr-23-16 4:18 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - The Larimer County jail is nearing full capacity, and jail officials are urging law enforcement officers to use discretion before putting someone behind bars.
- CSU 3-D prints prosthetic hoof for miniature horse Updated: Apr-23-16 2:13 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - A 3-year-old miniature horse from Florence is back to prancing thanks to a 3-D printed prosthetic hoof created by Colorado State University.
- Local man reunites with his car 31 years later Updated: Apr-23-16 11:02 am
LOVELAND, Colorado - In June of 1981, Kevin Hedstrom drove to Colorado from Armegard, North Dakota, to buy his first brand new car, a 1981 301 Turbo, special edition, black and gold Pontiac Trans Am at Markley Motors in Fort Collins. After having to give the car up in 1985, they were finally reunited last week in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Front Range flunks on air-quality group's ozone report card Updated: Apr-20-16 7:46 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Front Range got failing grades on ozone pollution, and Western Slope counties didn't do much better, an annual report card on air quality said Wednesday.
- Loveland park ranger assault leads to police chase Updated: Apr-17-16 4:32 pm
LOVELAND, Colorado - A 31-year-old man has been accused of assaulting a park ranger in Loveland and leading law enforcement on a chase that went into and around Fort Collins.
- Hurricane forecast pioneer Bill Gray dead at age 86 Updated: Apr-16-16 7:13 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - Bill Gray, a pioneer in hurricane forecasting, died Saturday in Fort Collins, according to his longtime assistant. He was 86.
- 90-year-old fitness fanatic finds community at Miramont Updated: Apr-09-16 10:45 am
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - Head up to the second floor of Miramont Lifestyle Fitness' airy northern location, head straight and you'll likely see him every day starting around 7 a.m.
- 2 more sentenced to prison in death of Fort Collins woman Updated: Apr-08-16 5:01 am
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - The last of five people charged in the kidnapping and death of a Fort Collins woman have been sentenced to long prison terms.
- Hosts could become liable for underage pot, alcohol use Updated: Apr-06-16 12:22 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - A Colorado city is considering a regulation that would hold party hosts legally liable for underage marijuana and alcohol use.