- Dozens pack board meeting to oppose potential reservoirs Updated: Apr-29-16 7:58 am
NORFOLK, Nebraska - Opposition has surfaced to the possibility of more reservoirs being constructed in northeast Nebraska.
- Norfolk Southern's 1Q profit jumps 25 pct on cost controls Updated: Apr-21-16 5:33 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Norfolk Southern's first-quarter profit jumped 25 percent thanks to the railroad's efforts to reduce costs 13 percent as volume slowed.
- Norfolk Southern idles Tennessee rail yard and cuts 135 jobs Updated: Apr-20-16 4:23 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Norfolk Southern is eliminating 135 jobs and reducing operations at a rail yard in Tennessee as part of its overall response to reduced freight traffic.
- Canadian Pacific says railroads will need mergers in future Updated: Apr-20-16 2:49 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The CEO of Canadian Pacific still thinks railroad mergers are needed if the industry is to handle more freight, even after the company's bid for Norfolk Southern crumbled under stiff resistance.
- Wynot residents travel to watch prairie chicken breed Updated: Apr-17-16 11:31 am
WYNOT, Nebraska - What would possess about 40 people to get up before dawn, travel here, get on a school bus and get out on a cold, breezy Nebraska spring morning?
- July trial set for Norfolk woman in death of daughter, 4 Updated: Apr-15-16 8:18 am
NORFOLK, Nebraska - A July trial has been scheduled for a Norfolk woman accused of intentional child abuse resulting in the death of her 4-year-old daughter.
- Canadian Pacific ends bid to buy Norfolk Southern Updated: Apr-11-16 4:53 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A major railroad merger appears unlikely in the near future after Canadian Pacific dropped its roughly $30 billion bid for Norfolk Southern on Monday.
- Nebraska State Patrol says crash kills 82-year-old man Updated: Apr-09-16 6:26 pm
LONG PINE, Nebraska - The Nebraska State Patrol says a three-vehicle crash has killed an elderly Long Pine man.
- Norfolk man who killed ex-girlfriend denied release Updated: Apr-09-16 2:09 pm
NORFOLK, Nebraska - A Norfolk man sentenced to life in prison for the stabbing death of his ex-girlfriend has been denied his request to be released from prison.
- Young Wayne County farmers undaunted by financial challenges Updated: Apr-03-16 10:53 am
WAYNE, Nebraska - Malinda Villwok's grandpa was an all-or-nothing kind of guy.