- Mushroom hunters find skeletal remains, authorities say Updated: May-02-16 3:27 am
SPRING VALLEY, Ohio - Authorities say a forensic anthropologist will examine skeletal remains found by mushroom hunters in southwest Ohio.
- Ohio invests in opening recovery houses for heroin addicts Updated: Apr-30-16 9:52 am
DAYTON, Ohio - When residents of the Ome Garden neighborhood got word of plans for moving recovering drug addicts into a vacant house, they didn't like what they were hearing.
- 2 charged in Ohio shootouts that left 1-year-old dead Updated: Apr-29-16 3:14 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Two men have been indicted in southwest Ohio for their suspected roles in a shootout that killed a 1-year-old boy.
- 8 advance to interviews for Ohio's schools superintendent Updated: Apr-28-16 4:59 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Superintendents, consultants, academics, administrators and former education advisers to governors are among eight contenders chosen Thursday to advance to the interview stage in the search for a new leader for Ohio's public schools.
- New facility at Ohio campus enables environmental simulation Updated: Apr-27-16 3:13 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A $35 million facility at the University of Dayton in southwest Ohio will allow researchers to simulate various environmental conditions in different structures, including a two-story home and a grocery store.
- Trial still set for Ohio man who rushed stage at Trump rally Updated: Apr-27-16 2:43 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - An Ohio college student still faces trial next month after his arrest for rushing the stage at a Donald Trump rally.
- Activists pack license hearing for Ohio abortion clinic Updated: Apr-27-16 2:07 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Anti-abortion activists packed a hearing to determine the fate of an Ohio abortion clinic's license on Tuesday as the facility's operators argued they are meeting emergency requirements laid out in a 2013 law that has contributed to clinic closures around the state.
- Dayton VA Medical Center director to head Cincinnati VA Updated: Apr-26-16 6:58 pm
CINCINNATI - The medical director of the Dayton VA Medical Center will become acting director of the VA medical facility in Cincinnati, where investigators said this year that they had found misconduct related to some officials.
- Ohio city-county merger plan under fire from officials Updated: Apr-26-16 1:00 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Opponents of a proposal to combine a southwest Ohio county and the city of Dayton said the merger could disenfranchise voters, eliminate self-governance and fail to improve services.
- Ohio woman fatally struck by train in Kentucky Updated: Apr-24-16 2:58 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Authorities have released the identity of a woman who was fatally struck by a train on a trestle in Kentucky.
- Ohio woman fatally struck by train in Kentucky Updated: Apr-24-16 1:30 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Authorities have released the identity of a woman who was fatally struck by a train on a trestle in Louisville.
- Why this school doesn't have tests, grades or homework Updated: Apr-23-16 10:03 am
YELLOW SPRINGS, Ohio - Oskar Dennis sees the tiny green plant on the forest floor and abruptly stops, sliding a bit in the mud.
- Limp Bizkit gas station concert hoax disappoints Ohio fans Updated: Apr-21-16 5:28 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A hoax claiming that Limp Bizkit planned to give a concert at an Ohio gas station has rallied many of the band's fans and left some disappointed.
- Actor helps dedicate Tom Hanks motion pictures center Updated: Apr-19-16 6:00 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Actor and filmmaker Tom Hanks proves again he excels at taking directions.
- 911 caller won't be charged in Ohio Wal-Mart police shooting Updated: Apr-18-16 8:16 pm
A 911 caller won't be charged for reporting a man waving a gun in an Ohio Wal-Mart store before police fatally shot the shopper, who'd picked up an air rifle from a shelf, a special prosecutor said Monday.
- Police: Woman fired shots before Ohio officers killed her Updated: Apr-17-16 3:11 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Police in southwest Ohio say three officers have killed a woman after she fired shots into the air and threatened to kill her domestic partner.
- Former NFL player to promote national parks, health in Ohio Updated: Apr-17-16 11:45 am
WILBERFORCE, Ohio - A former NFL player and triathlon competitor will promote national parks along with health and wellness in a series of appearances in western Ohio.
- Man who said boy choked on Pop-Tart sentenced in his death Updated: Apr-15-16 6:31 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - An Ohio man who claimed that a 2-year-old boy with head trauma had choked on a Pop-Tart has been sentenced to 16 years in prison in the boy's death.
- SW Ohio man convicted of killing his mom gets life sentence Updated: Apr-15-16 3:53 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio man convicted of fatally stabbing his mother has been sentenced to life in prison without parole.
- Ohio ex-cop leaves jail after posting bond in 2005 case Updated: Apr-15-16 3:31 pm
LEBANON, Ohio - A former suburban Ohio police official who has spent more than a decade behind bars for his wife's death has been released from jail nearly a month after the U.S. Supreme Court declined to reinstate a 2005 manslaughter conviction.
- Cleanup cost at lead-contaminated Ohio park to be determined Updated: Apr-14-16 12:44 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Federal environmental officials are working to determine the cost of cleaning up a southwest Ohio park that's contaminated with lead.
- Dayton to house Veterans Affairs' national archives Updated: Apr-13-16 3:38 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The leader of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs says it plans to put its national archives in Dayton.
- Dayton bans city travel to Mississippi, North Carolina Updated: Apr-10-16 9:22 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Dayton is banning its employees from non-essential government travel to Mississippi and North Carolina, saying recent laws passed in the two states discriminate against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.
- Ohio man found guilty of murder in fetus death Updated: Apr-08-16 7:19 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A prosecutor says a southwest Ohio man accused of beating his pregnant girlfriend and causing her fetus' death has been found guilty of murder and other counts.
- Ohio man sentenced to life in prison for fatal 2015 stabbing Updated: Apr-08-16 6:52 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A prosecutor says a southwest Ohio man charged in the 2015 fatal stabbing of a neighbor in an apartment building housing the homeless and disabled has been found guilty of aggravated murder and sentenced to life in prison.