- Ex-Dayton mayor named to Democratic National Committee role Updated: Aug-30-15 12:14 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A former Dayton mayor and ex-legislator in Ohio will serve in a position at the Democratic National Committee's summer meeting in Minneapolis.
- Ohio police investigate body found in burned car Updated: Aug-28-15 9:53 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Police in southwest Ohio say a body was found in a burned car and they're investigating the cause of death.
- Southwest Ohio college dedicates new 1-stop drone center Updated: Aug-25-15 6:47 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A new one-stop center for the design, construction and testing of drones is ready for use at a college in southwest Ohio.
- Ohio student struck by lightning has new outlook on life Updated: Aug-24-15 4:41 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A college student who was struck by lightning last spring has returned to the University of Dayton with a new outlook on life.
- Active shooter forum to be held in western Ohio Updated: Aug-22-15 6:18 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Mass shootings have led community leaders in western Ohio to educate people on how they can protect themselves when faced with an active shooter.
- Western Ohio grandfather sentenced for child pornography charges Updated: Aug-18-15 3:22 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A federal judge sentenced a western Ohio grandfather to serve 25 years in prison for photographing his sexual abuse of a young child.
- Estate for Ohio woman mauled to death by dogs drops suit Updated: Aug-15-15 4:32 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - The estate of an Ohio woman fatally mauled by her neighbor's dogs has dropped its wrongful death lawsuit as the two sides work on a settlement.
- Third annual festival dedicated to bacon in all ways Updated: Aug-15-15 9:35 am
KETTERING, Ohio - Can't get enough bacon, from breakfast to dessert to late-night snack? Behold, Bacon Fest 2015.
- Dayton-area businesses unite against marijuana legalization Updated: Aug-13-15 9:20 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce has launched a coalition of area businesses and organizations united against the expansion of marijuana use in the region and across Ohio.
- Teen convicted in Ohio mall shooting gets 2 years in prison Updated: Aug-11-15 5:31 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A teenager who tried to steal Air Jordan sneakers from a mall shopper who fatally shot another teen with him has been sentenced to two years in prison.
- Man who claimed boy choked on Pop Tart charged with murder Updated: Aug-11-15 4:33 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A man who claimed a 2-year-old choked on a Pop Tart has been charged with murder in the boy's death, less than a year after his release from prison on a child endangering charge, a prosecutor's spokesman said Tuesday.
- ATF Officials: Thieves stole from 3 Ohio gun shops in 3 days Updated: Aug-11-15 3:20 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Officials with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives say thieves have broken into three Ohio gun shops in three days.
- Senator: VA investigating scheduling irregularities in Ohio Updated: Aug-08-15 1:50 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - An Ohio senator's office says the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs is investigating delayed appointments for pulmonary care patients at a southwestern Ohio VA.
- TSA begins program to expedite airport check-ins in Dayton Updated: Aug-08-15 7:26 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The Transportation Security Administration has opened an office in southwestern Ohio in an effort to speed up check-ins at the Dayton International Airport.
- Appeals court rules against Dayton's traffic cam challenge Updated: Aug-07-15 2:13 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - An Ohio appeals court has ruled against the city of Dayton's effort to continue using red-light cameras without an officer present, which is now required by state law.
- 5-year sentence for Ohio mom convicted in toddler's drowning Updated: Aug-06-15 3:05 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - An Ohio woman who was passed out when her toddler daughter drowned in a pool has been sentenced to five years in prison on involuntary manslaughter and child endangering charges.
- Protesters mark year since fatal police shooting in Wal-Mart Updated: Aug-05-15 7:10 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Protesters have staged a 'die-in' outside a closed Ohio Wal-Mart to mark one year since a white police officer fatally shot a black man holding an air rifle inside the store.
- Economists dump on Trump boast to bring jobs back from China Updated: Aug-05-15 3:31 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump vows to bring back the millions of American jobs lost to China and other foreign competitors if voters put him in the White House.
- Dayton National Cemetery now offers full military funerals Updated: Aug-04-15 2:38 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - The Dayton National Cemetery is now offering full military funerals for veterans as part of the Veterans Affairs National Cemetery Association's effort to become more involved in the western Ohio city.
- Ohio abortion clinic again seeks exception to state rules Updated: Aug-03-15 10:17 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Operators of a southwest Ohio abortion clinic have filed another request to the state for an exception to rules requiring a patient-transfer agreement with a hospital in case of emergencies.
- Fatal police shooting in Wal-Mart under review 1 year later Updated: Aug-02-15 12:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A year after a 22-year-old black man was killed by a white police officer while carrying an air rifle in an Ohio Wal-Mart, federal officials' review of the case remains unfinished as his relatives plan an anniversary vigil - and the region grapples with the aftermath of a different deadly police shooting.