- Dayton police urge precautions amid uptick in car thefts Updated: Feb-07-16 5:50 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Police in a southwest Ohio city are warning residents of an increase in vehicle thefts.
- Southwest Ohio man gets 15 years to life in roommate's death Updated: Feb-05-16 3:31 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio man has been sentenced to 15 years to life in prison after being convicted of killing a roommate with a sword.
- VA medical center in Ohio honors 4 WWII chaplains Updated: Feb-03-16 7:33 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A public memorial service in southwest Ohio is honoring four U.S. Army chaplains who died while helping other soldiers in World War II.
- Police: 2 men found fatally shot in car in southwest Ohio Updated: Feb-02-16 7:27 am
TROTWOOD, Ohio - Police are investigating the fatal shootings of two men found dead in a car parked in a driveway with the engine running.
- Ohio military base holding emergency response exercises Updated: Feb-02-16 3:05 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Tighter security measures are expected at a southwest Ohio military base as it conducts training exercises to test base responses to emergency situations.
- Pollard leads Dayton to 73-37 win over Saint Louis Updated: Jan-27-16 10:02 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Kendall Pollard scored 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds as Dayton notched its fifth-straight win, rolling to 73-37 win over Saint Louis on Wednesday night.
- Officials: Pilot killed in plane crash in southwestern Ohio Updated: Jan-27-16 4:15 am
XENIA, Ohio - Federal authorities say the pilot of a small plane died in a crash in southwestern Ohio.
- $130M renovation project a Dayton airport to begin this year Updated: Jan-25-16 7:13 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A $130 million renovation project at Dayton International Airport in southwestern Ohio will begin this year.
- Ex-diplomat not expecting role in talks on detained student Updated: Jan-23-16 7:15 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - A retired U.S. ambassador who used his connections to help negotiate the release of an American held by North Korea in 2014 said he doesn't expect to be involved in any talks with the country over a detained American student.
- The Latest: Ohio man disheartened North Korea holds student Updated: Jan-22-16 8:16 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The latest on the detention of an American student in North Korea (all times local):
- Death of Ohio State student in lake jump is ruled accidental Updated: Jan-19-16 5:16 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A coroner says an Ohio State University student died from accidental trauma caused by diving into shallow water during a traditional cold-weather lake jump two months ago.
- Pair of youths arrested after carjacking near bowling alley Updated: Jan-19-16 4:25 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Police say two youths are in custody after a carjacking outside a southwestern Ohio bowling alley.
- Chinese students heading to compete at University of Dayton Updated: Jan-17-16 11:20 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Two students from China have won an opportunity to compete for cash prizes in the final round of the University of Dayton's 10th annual business plan competition.
- Bank branch ex-manager faces sentencing for embezzling Updated: Jan-16-16 10:44 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A former suburban bank branch manager in southwest Ohio will be sentenced in March for embezzling more than $5 million prosecutors say she used for gambling, sporty cars and motorcycles.
- Ohio man who won $1 million in Powerball claims prize Updated: Jan-16-16 6:11 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - The first of Ohio's three $1 million winners from this week's Powerball drawing has stepped forward to claim his prize.
- Pierre helps Dayton hold off George Washington 77-70 Updated: Jan-15-16 9:15 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Dyshawn Pierre scored 26 points, including two key free throws with 19.9 seconds left, and Dayton defeated George Washington 77-70 on Friday night.
- Toddler killed in drive-by shooting in Ohio; 2 adults hurt Updated: Jan-15-16 1:05 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Authorities in a southwest Ohio city say a 13-month-old boy has been killed in a drive-by shooting.
- Air Force museum in Ohio to open major expansion in June Updated: Jan-15-16 6:41 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Officials say a more than $40 million expansion of the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in southwestern Ohio will open in June.
- Dayton uses big run to beat Dayton 80-74 Updated: Jan-12-16 10:48 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Dyshawn Pierre had 16 points and 10 rebounds and Kyle Davis scored eight points during a pivotal second-half run as Dayton defeated Davidson 80-74 on Tuesday night.
- State tells southwest Ohio water plants to reduce phosphorus Updated: Jan-10-16 1:05 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Two large wastewater plants in southwestern Ohio are being ordered to reduce how much phosphorus is released into a tributary of the Ohio River, the same kind of restrictions placed on wastewater plants along Lake Erie.