- Dayton VA Medical Center in southwest Ohio holds open house Updated: Jul-02-15 3:08 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A Department of Veterans Affairs medical center in southwest Ohio says holding an open house gives the public a chance to learn more about its services, job openings and volunteer opportunities.
- Man gets prison time, $1M fine in military bribery case Updated: Jul-01-15 3:03 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A man extradited from Iraq in a military contract bribery case has been sentenced in Ohio to 2 1/2 years in prison.
- Authorities: Man dies after collision with police cruiser Updated: Jul-01-15 7:11 am
CLAYTON, Ohio - A man hit by an Ohio police officer while riding his motorcycle has died.
- Ohio mom charged in toddler's drowning found guilty Updated: Jul-01-15 3:20 am
DAYTON, Ohio - An Ohio woman who was passed out when her toddler daughter drowned in a pool has been found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and child endangering after pleading no contest to the charges.
- Research institute receives $21.6M U.S Air Force contract Updated: Jun-27-15 5:38 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio college's research institute has been awarded a $21.6 million U.S Air Force contract for research and development in aerospace engine combustion technologies and components.
- State denies Dayton abortion clinic's request for exception Updated: Jun-26-15 5:44 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio health officials have denied a Dayton abortion clinic's request for an exception to rules requiring it to have a patient-transfer agreement with a hospital in case of emergencies.
- The Latest: Same-sex marriages underway in Ohio Updated: Jun-26-15 12:22 pm
A Cincinnati couple immediately headed to the marriage license bureau in Hamilton County after hearing about Friday's ruling.
- Ohio city sues to reclaim $340k sold accidentally Updated: Jun-24-15 12:01 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio city is suing to regain ownership of a property worth $340,000 that it mistakenly transferred for about $635.
- Dayton police warn residents after spike in car thefts Updated: Jun-23-15 2:47 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Dayton police are warning residents not to leave their cars running unattended or unlocked after the city's east side experienced a spike of in grand theft auto reports.
- Ohio man who beat, strangled wife to have parole hearing Updated: Jun-20-15 11:23 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The stepdaughter of a southwest Ohio man who has served nearly 30 years for killing his wife is petitioning to have him remain in jail until he dies.
- Air Force Thunderbirds among performers at Dayton air show Updated: Jun-20-15 10:08 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds and a jet team from France are among the performers flying the skies in an annual air show in southwest Ohio.
- Ohio man sentenced in grandmother's strangulation death Updated: Jun-18-15 6:29 am
DAYTON, Ohio - A prosecutor says a man convicted of causing his grandmother's strangulation death in an argument over a dog in southwest Ohio has been sentenced to nine years in prison.
- Woman, granddaughter killed in Ohio crash identified Updated: Jun-16-15 6:46 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Authorities say a North Carolina woman and her granddaughter were the two killed in a crash on a southwest Ohio road that injured three other family members, including the child's mother who was driving.
- Simulation lab in Ohio to train VA health workers, others Updated: Jun-14-15 3:31 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A new $3.3 million simulation laboratory will train thousands of VA health workers and others in the state at a Department of Veterans Affairs medical center in southwest Ohio.
- Ohio museum to re-open missile and space gallery Updated: Jun-14-15 11:01 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in southwest Ohio says its missile and space gallery will be open again in time for the 4th of July weekend.
- Ohio prosecutor: Former Dayton basketball player convicted Updated: Jun-12-15 4:07 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio prosecutor says a former University of Dayton basketball player has been convicted of three trespassing counts.
- Traps set for remaining loose piglets after Ohio truck crash Updated: Jun-11-15 9:38 am
XENIA, Ohio - Federal officials are setting traps for any piglets that may still be in the area after a semitrailer carrying 2,200 of them overturned on an Ohio highway.
- Ohio city offers $1,000 to new teachers who also live there Updated: Jun-11-15 3:09 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Dayton is offering first-year teachers a $1,000 stipend if they'll teach in the school system and also live in the southwest Ohio city.
- Dayton drinking districts will need extra clean-up, security Updated: Jun-06-15 11:15 am
DAYTON, Ohio - An Ohio city has moved closer to allowing an outdoor drinking district in the city, but supporters will have to show how they plan to pay for extra sanitation and security services.
- '70s funk band turns to crowd-funding to keep recording Updated: Jun-06-15 6:13 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The Ohio Players, the funk act from Dayton that sold millions of records in the 1970s, is turning to crowdfunding to pay for a new album.
- Veterans cemetery in Ohio seeks honor squad volunteers Updated: Jun-05-15 3:20 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The Dayton National Cemetery wants volunteers to serve in honor squads.
- Officials: 6 charged in fake painkiller prescriptions probe Updated: Jun-03-15 7:05 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Officials say six southwest Ohio residents are facing federal charges for allegedly purchasing dozens of forged painkiller prescriptions, filling them at pharmacies and then selling the drugs on the streets.