- 1st cruise from a US port in decades leaves Miami for Cuba Updated: May-01-16 9:01 pm
MIAMI - Passengers set sail Sunday from Miami on an historic cruise to Cuba, the first in decades to depart from a U.S. seaport for the communist island nation.
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 Updated: May-01-16 5:28 pm
MIAMI - Dwyane Wade took a moment before tipoff Sunday to reflect on all that his Miami Heat endured this season.
- Miami man accused of hacking frequent flyer accounts Updated: May-01-16 3:28 pm
MIAMI - Police say a Miami computer programmer hacked into the American Airlines accounts of travelers and stole $260,000 worth of frequent flyer miles.
- Rally to protest GOP's Donald Trump to be held in Miami Updated: May-01-16 6:11 am
MIAMI - A coalition of immigrant rights and labor groups are planning to march in Miami against the "hateful rhetoric" from Republican front-runner Donald Trump's presidential campaign.
- Dolphins owner says team's latest shake-up pays off in draft Updated: Apr-30-16 8:46 pm
DAVIE, Florida - Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross says his latest shake-up of the organization paid off in the draft, including unanimity about the risky decision to take Ole Miss tackle Laremy Tunsil.
- Florida heroin, fentanyl deaths skyrocket Updated: Apr-30-16 12:52 pm
MIAMI - Florida medical examiners have recorded a sharp increase in deaths related to opioid overdoses, especially in South Florida.
- Banned Marlins star Dee Gordon says he unknowingly took PEDs Updated: Apr-29-16 9:51 pm
MIAMI - To the president of the Miami Marlins, whatever star Dee Gordon did to trigger a positive drug test still amounted to one thing.
- Royal Caribbean profit more than doubles on more passengers Updated: Apr-29-16 9:37 am
MIAMI - Royal Caribbean Cruises said Friday that its first-quarter profit more than doubled from the same period a year before as more people cruised on its ships and spent more money while onboard.
- Nicky Jam, Enrique Iglesias top Billboard Latin Music Awards Updated: Apr-28-16 11:04 pm
MIAMI - Nicky Jam and Enrique Iglesias took home seven awards apiece, including six shared awards for their hit duet "El Perdon," at the Billboard Latin Music Awards in Miami.
- NBA says Wade wasn't fouled in final seconds of Game 5 loss Updated: Apr-28-16 8:48 pm
MIAMI - Dwyane Wade does not read the NBA's reviews of officiating in the last 2 minutes of close games, which might be a wise move in this particular case.
- Smile! Miami-Dade police deploying 1,000 body cameras Updated: Apr-28-16 2:25 pm
MIAMI - The largest police agency in Florida is outfitting 1,000 of its officers with pager-sized body cameras over the next few months in the state's biggest such deployment to date, officials announced Thursday.
- Miami police officer shoots, kills man seen stabbing woman Updated: Apr-28-16 10:50 am
MIAMI - Authorities say a police officer fatally shot a man after he heard a woman screaming for help in Miami.
- Beyonce slays at tour opening, offers no insight into album Updated: Apr-28-16 1:59 am
MIAMI - Whether scorned woman or confident seductress, Beyonce moved seamlessly between the two on the opening night of her Formation World Tour in Miami, offering no insight into the rumors of marital infidelity fueled by her latest album.
- Former Miami-Dade mayor charged in domestic incident Updated: Apr-27-16 3:57 pm
MIAMI - Former Miami-Dade County police director and mayor Carlos Alvarez is facing a domestic violence-related charge following a fight with his longtime girlfriend.
- Stolen Miami-Dade police car found in lake Updated: Apr-27-16 2:19 am
MIAMI - Officials have found a stolen Miami-Dade police car submerged in a lake.
- 6 Cubans acclimate to US after 11 days at sea Updated: Apr-26-16 6:58 pm
MIAMI - Six Cuban migrants were acclimating to their first full day on American soil Tuesday after their boat came ashore on the Miami area's popular South Beach.
- Cuban players paid smugglers $15 million, prosecutors say Updated: Apr-26-16 4:53 pm
MIAMI - Cuban baseball players paid a South Florida-based smuggling ring more than $15 million to leave the communist island in secretive ventures that included phony documents, false identities and surreptitious boat voyages to Mexico, Haiti and the Dominican Republic, federal prosecutors say.
- 4 Dolphins defenders absent from 1st practice with new coach Updated: Apr-26-16 4:19 pm
DAVIE, Florida - The Miami Dolphins are lucky their first game is more than four months away, because they were far from full strength for their first practice under new coach Adam Gase.
- Florida, Miami agree to renew football rivalry in 2019 Updated: Apr-26-16 3:29 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida and Miami will renew their rivalry in Orlando.
- Bigger Business: Miami, Fort Lauderdale chambers may merge Updated: Apr-26-16 6:37 am
MIAMI - The chambers of commerce in Miami and Fort Lauderdale are considering a merger to add more business clout.
- After tragedy, series win at Miami sets up Virginia for run Updated: Apr-25-16 6:06 pm
Defending national champion Virginia came out of the weekend with a series win over Miami that seemed improbable given the tragic start to the Cavaliers' trip to South Florida.
- Dolphins' test assesses draft prospects' reaction to plays Updated: Apr-25-16 4:10 pm
MIAMI - The Miami Dolphins believe they have the answers to help solve their draft deficiencies of recent years.
- Spooked horse rescued after ending up in Miami canal Updated: Apr-25-16 6:41 am
MIAMI - A horse got spooked by a black construction tarp blowing in the wind and ended up in a South Florida canal.
- Bubble burst: Florida man using "hydropod" at sea rescued Updated: Apr-24-16 5:05 pm
MIAMI - A Florida man trying to reach Bermuda again in an inflatable bubble agreed to be voluntarily rescued by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Miami suspends RB Mark Walton after DUI arrest Updated: Apr-23-16 10:49 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Miami running back Mark Walton was arrested Saturday on suspicion of driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license, leading the Hurricanes to suspend him from the team indefinitely.