- Keys lighthouse Cubans to remain in US custody until hearing Updated: May-27-16 6:22 pm
MIAMI - A group of Cuban migrants seeking to remain in the U.S. after they climbed onto a lighthouse several miles off the Florida Keys will not be sent back to Cuba immediately.
- Feds expect more Atlantic tropical storms than last 3 years Updated: May-27-16 5:12 pm
MIAMI - U.S. government forecasters expect a near-normal Atlantic hurricane season, after three relatively slow years. But they also say climate conditions that influence storm development are making it difficult to predict how many hurricanes and tropical storms will arise over the next six months.
- Video shows Florida trooper jump onto hood, fire into car Updated: May-27-16 6:47 am
MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - A video clip from a gas station surveillance camera shows a Florida Highway Patrol trooper pull his motorcycle next to a car during a traffic stop, and then jump onto its hood before firing through the windshield.
- Miami police seek suspect in home invasion, sexual assault Updated: May-27-16 4:35 am
MIAMI - Authorities are searching for a suspect who they say used a gun to break into a Miami home, where he robbed and sexually assaulted three residents.
- Teen party at Miami strip club canceled after outrage Updated: May-27-16 4:09 am
MIAMI - A teenage party that was supposed to be held at a Miami strip club has been canceled after local officials promptly put an end it.
- Miami QB Brad Kaaya forging quick bond with Mark Richt Updated: May-26-16 6:43 pm
MIAMI - Brad Kaaya says he's off to a flying start with new Miami coach Mark Richt.
- Miami's Tannehill wants to take ownership of Gase's offense Updated: May-26-16 5:44 pm
DAVIE, Florida - Ryan Tannehill threw a pass Thursday and then fell to the turf face down, which happened a lot last season.
- It's been a blowout-filled NBA postseason so far Updated: May-26-16 5:33 pm
MIAMI - James Jones was taking a shot in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals, and the crew calling the game on television was instead talking about James Evans.
- AP: Intruders breach US airport fences about every 10 days Updated: May-26-16 9:48 am
Under pressure to prevent people from sneaking onto runways and planes at major U.S. airports, authorities are cracking down - not on the intruders who slip through perimeter gates or jump over fences, but on the release of information about the breaches.
- Miami-Dade detective shoots, wounds teen carjacking suspect Updated: May-26-16 6:45 am
MIAMI - Authorities say a 16-year-old was shot and wounded by a Miami-Dade detective after flashing a gun as police tried to stop a car during a carjacking investigation.
- Police: Undercover officer fires weapon during drug buy Updated: May-26-16 4:25 am
MIAMI - Authorities say an undercover Miami-Dade police officer opened fire while taking part in a drug buy.
- Fewer fence jumpers at Florida's 4 busiest airports in 2015 Updated: May-26-16 12:42 am
MIAMI - Fewer people are getting over or through the security fencing and gates that protect planes at Florida's four busiest airports.
- AP Source: Grizzlies offer coaching job to David Fizdale Updated: May-25-16 7:40 pm
- Miami beats Georgia Tech 4-0 in ACC baseball tournament Updated: May-25-16 7:06 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Brandon Lopez and Willie Abreu each had RBI singles in a three-run opening inning, while Zack Collins added a home run to help Miami beat Georgia Tech 4-0 in Wednesday's pool play at the Atlantic Coast Conference baseball tournament.
- Stanton out of lineup with sore right side Updated: May-25-16 6:10 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Miami Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton has right side soreness and was out of the lineup for Wednesday night's game at Tampa Bay.
- Lawsuit: Cubans who scaled Keys lighthouse should stay in US Updated: May-25-16 5:48 pm
MIAMI - A group of migrants who fled Cuba in a homemade boat and climbed onto a 136-year-old lighthouse off the Florida Keys should be allowed to stay in the U.S., according to a federal lawsuit filed on their behalf.
- Warriors facing long odds down 3-1, but it has been done Updated: May-25-16 8:05 am
MIAMI - Here's good news for Golden State: It's not over.
- Zoo Miami's 18-year-old Komodo dragon 'Khaos' dies Updated: May-25-16 5:30 am
MIAMI - Zoo Miami officials say an 18-year-old Komodo dragon named Khaos has died.
- Official snared in bribery case dies in suspicious crash Updated: May-24-16 6:54 pm
OPA-LOCKA, Florida - A Florida city official died in a suspicious single-vehicle crash a day before he was scheduled to surrender in a criminal corruption case involving thousands of dollars in bribes, authorities said Tuesday.
- Former WR Lippett in contention to start at CB for Miami Updated: May-24-16 5:13 pm
DAVIE, Florida - Heading into his second NFL season, Tony Lippett says he no longer dreams about catching touchdown passes.
- Marlins rally falls short, Rays win 4-3 to snap slide Updated: May-24-16 5:12 pm
MIAMI - It wasn't the heart of the Tampa Bay order that frustrated Miami starter Tom Koehler.
- Rays hang on to beat Marlins 4-3, ending a 3-game slide Updated: May-24-16 4:58 pm
MIAMI - Jake Odorizzi was great at the start, and Alex Colome provided just as good a finish.
- Man killed, woman injured in road construction site crash Updated: May-24-16 4:03 am
MIAMI - Authorities say a man was killed and a woman was seriously injured when they crashed into a South Florida road construction site.
- As Zika spreads, Florida town a study in bug-borne illness Updated: May-24-16 3:53 am
RIO, Florida - A summer flu seemed to be sweeping through Rachel Heid's riverfront neighborhood. Pale and shaky, she left work with a fever. Neighbors had the same symptoms, and a contractor at her home felt so sick he went to the hospital.
- Slumping Stanton's goal: 'Don't curl up into a ball' Updated: May-23-16 11:45 pm
MIAMI - Everything about Giancarlo Stanton is epic: his physique, his contract, the distance of his home runs.