- Jury deliberates man's fate in Facebook photo killing case Updated: Nov-24-15 9:13 pm
MIAMI - A jury began deliberating Tuesday whether a South Florida man is guilty of murder or acted in self-defense when he fatally shot his wife eight times during an argument and then posted a photo of her dead body on Facebook.
- Pass rusher Coples claimed by Miami after parting with Jets Updated: Nov-24-15 6:23 pm
- Travel new and now: Hanukkah events, Cyber Monday, Big Sky Updated: Nov-24-15 4:55 pm
CHABAD HANUKKAH LIGHTINGS
- Critically endangered Sumatran tiger born at Zoo Miami Updated: Nov-24-15 11:44 am
MIAMI - Zoo Miami officials have announced the recent birth of a critically endangered male Sumatran tiger.
- Airport creates program to help travelers with special needs Updated: Nov-24-15 6:22 am
MIAMI - Miami International Airport is offering passengers with special needs a program that lets them practice the check-in and security process before the day of their flight.
- Miami-Dade county mayor wants to cut Uber's fines in half Updated: Nov-24-15 6:20 am
MIAMI - The mayor of Miami-Dade County wants to waive about half of the fines Uber currently owes the county.
- Wade, Bosh score 16 each, Heat roll past Knicks 95-78 Updated: Nov-23-15 11:07 pm
MIAMI - No one had a big scoring night for Miami, which was not an issue. Having great defensive numbers is considerably more important to the Heat right now anyway.
- Dolphins need a surge just to finish at .500 again Updated: Nov-23-15 3:12 pm
DAVIE, Florida - The Miami Dolphins might need to lower their sights. They persisted in talking Monday about making the postseason, even though a more modest achievement - finishing at .500 - could be beyond their reach.
- Miami's Rodriguez looks up to Puerto Rican NBA point guards Updated: Nov-23-15 12:50 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Miami's Angel Rodriguez left Puerto Rico at 15 for the U.S. mainland to play high school basketball and chase a college scholarship.
- Troopers to crack down on drivers who cut into express lanes Updated: Nov-23-15 7:14 am
MIAMI - The Florida Highway Patrol says it is about to crack down on people who plow through plastic poles separating express lanes from other traffic on Interstate 95 in South Florida.
- Defense continues in man's Facebook photo killing trial Updated: Nov-23-15 3:01 am
MIAMI - The defense is resuming its case in the trial of a South Florida man who is claiming he shot his wife in self-defense before posting a photo of her corpse on Facebook.
- A Romo revival for Cowboys - they beat Miami 24-14 Updated: Nov-23-15 2:43 am
MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - Now that Tony Romo has shaken off the rust, he's ready to take on unbeaten Carolina.
- Almonte lifts Aguilas Cibaenas past Cardenales de Lara Updated: Nov-23-15 12:10 am
MIAMI - Zoilo Almonte broke a tie with a two-run single in the top of the ninth inning to lead Aguilas Cibaenas to a 4-3 victory over Cardenales de Lara on Sunday night in the championship game of the inaugural Serie de las Americas professional baseball tournament at Marlins Park.
- Romo returns from layoff to help Dallas beat Miami 24-14 Updated: Nov-22-15 8:07 pm
MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - Tony Romo scrambled in the back of the end zone before improvising to throw his first pass in two months - left-handed for a short gain.
- Dolphins don't help coach's status by losing to Dallas 24-14 Updated: Nov-22-15 6:20 pm
MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - Ryan Tannehill says if the Miami Dolphins want interim coach Dan Campbell back next year, they need to play better.
- Mayor continues fight for fees after acquittal, court fight Updated: Nov-22-15 3:16 am
MIAMI LAKES, Florida - The mayor of Miami Lakes is continuing his battle for $3.2 million in legal fees after he was acquitted of federal corruption charges and a lengthy court fight with the city.
- Villar has 3 hits, Aguilas advances in Serie de las Americas Updated: Nov-22-15 12:15 am
MIAMI - Jonathan Villar got three hits and drove in two runs as Aguilas Cibaenas defeated Tigres de Licey 4-2 Saturday night in the inaugural Serie de las Americas.
- Cardenales advances in Serie de las Americas Updated: Nov-21-15 11:56 pm
MIAMI - Nestor Molina allowed one run in six innings to help Cardenales de Lara beat Navegantes del Magallanes 7-1 on Saturday in the inaugural Serie de las Americas tournament at Marlins Park.
- Heat escape, top 76ers 96-91 to keep Philly winless Updated: Nov-21-15 11:50 pm
MIAMI - For much of the night, Philadelphia was in control. The 76ers had their biggest lead of the season at one point, and still led by 11 midway through the fourth quarter.
- Wade moves into NBA's top 50 career scorers Updated: Nov-21-15 9:10 pm
MIAMI - Dwyane Wade is now among the top 50 scorers in NBA history.
- Georgia Tech's freefall continues with 38-21 loss at Miami Updated: Nov-21-15 5:16 pm
MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - Perhaps looking to rekindle some past magic, Georgia Tech stayed in the same hotel this weekend as it did when it capped last season with an Orange Bowl victory.
- Walton scores 3 TDs, Miami beats Georgia Tech 38-21 Updated: Nov-21-15 5:07 pm
MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - Miami's seniors left their home field as winners, one more time. So did a coaching staff that kept the season together when an all-out collapse seemed like a very real possibility.
- Miami high school game ends after gunshots heard in distance Updated: Nov-21-15 11:14 am
MIAMI - A high school football game in Miami ended early after gunshots were heard in the distance, sending players and coaches ducking for cover.
- Fernandez says agent will be part of talks about workload Updated: Nov-20-15 8:19 pm
MIAMI - Miami Marlins ace Jose Fernandez says any conversations regarding his 2016 workload will include his agent, Scott Boras, contrary to what the team has said.
- Police say Northwestern High School student shot, killed Updated: Nov-20-15 6:01 am
MIAMI - Police say a 15-year-old student from Northwestern High School has been shot and killed.