- 3 tickets win Fantasy 5 jackpot worth $70,899.89 each Updated: Aug-04-15 7:37 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Three "Fantasy 5" players selected all five winning numbers to take home a jackpot of $70,899.89.
- Cespedes hits 3 doubles, Mets top Marlins, take NL East lead Updated: Aug-04-15 12:03 am
MIAMI - The New York Mets acquired Yoenis Cespedes last week, hoping he would be a big hit in the middle of their lineup.
- Josh Richardson signs rookie deal with Miami Heat Updated: Aug-03-15 3:12 pm
MIAMI - The Miami Heat have signed guard Josh Richardson to his rookie contract.
- Attorney to review surveillance of man charged in bomb plot Updated: Aug-03-15 12:04 pm
MIAMI - A bail hearing was postponed Monday for a Florida Keys man described by the FBI as an Islamic State sympathizer who plotted to detonate a backpack bomb at a beach.
- Dolphins rookie Jordan Phillips benefited by Suh's mentoring Updated: Aug-03-15 10:08 am
DAVIE, Florida - For about three weeks preceding the start of Miami Dolphins training camp, rookie defensive lineman Jordan Phillips and his fiancee were on a vacation of sorts in Oregon.
- Hechavarria hits a walkoff HR, Marlins top Padres 5-2 Updated: Aug-02-15 4:33 pm
- Miami signs 3 recruits to grant-in-aid agreements Updated: Aug-01-15 9:42 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Miami signed prominent recruits Jack Allison, Shaquille Quarterman and Michael Pinckney to grant-in-aid agreements Saturday.
- Telemundo interviews Bush on wide range of topics Updated: Aug-01-15 2:47 pm
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush says he's not worried about running against Donald Trump for the nomination or the fact that the billionaire businessman is in first place in several national polls.
- Pads go on at Dolphins camp; Suh finds new gear Updated: Aug-01-15 1:36 pm
DAVIE, Florida - Poor Billy Turner. The second-year offensive lineman probably thought he was ready for what was coming Saturday, the first day of in-pads work at the Miami Dolphins training camp.
- Haren dealt by Marlins to Cubs for 2 minor leaguers Updated: Aug-01-15 10:38 am
- Coast Guard crews searching for missing diver Updated: Aug-01-15 10:13 am
MIAMI - Coast Guard officials in Miami say that are searching for a diver reported missing off the coast of Cudjoe Key.
- Woman cleared in fatal shooting after rap battle Updated: Aug-01-15 3:05 am
MIAMI - A Miami woman is free after a judge ruled she was justified in fatally shooting an unarmed man during a brawl.
- The latest: Coast Guard suspends search for missing teens Updated: Jul-31-15 8:26 pm
MIAMI - The latest on the search for the two teens who went missing while on a fishing trip off Florida's Atlantic coast:
- Reliever Sam Dyson sent to Rangers by Marlins Updated: Jul-31-15 4:48 pm
- Tannehill confident, hopeful of a breakthrough in 2015 Updated: Jul-31-15 4:35 pm
DAVIE, Florida - Not long after connecting on a deep pass Friday, Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill slapped hands with someone in celebration and was clearly smiling underneath his helmet.
- With baseball's 2nd-worst record, a lost season for Marlins Updated: Jul-31-15 4:27 pm
MIAMI - Ace right-hander Jose Fernandez is unbeaten and perhaps stronger than ever after recovering from elbow surgery. Giancarlo Stanton remains one of baseball's top power hitters. Dee Gordon is among the game's leaders in batting average and stolen bases. Adeiny Hechavarria has become an All-Star shortstop.
- Taking on Bush and Rubio, Clinton calls for Cuba embargo end Updated: Jul-31-15 4:16 pm
MIAMI - Drawing a sharp distinction with Republican rivals in the pivotal election state of Florida, Hillary Rodham Clinton on Friday called on the GOP-run Congress to end the trade embargo the U.S. has imposed on Cuba since 1962
- Tampa Tribune sells downtown headquarters to Miami developer Updated: Jul-31-15 2:13 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Tribune says it has sold its downtown Tampa building to a Miami developer.
- Royal Caribbean profit jumps 34 pct in 2Q; bumps forecast Updated: Jul-31-15 8:53 am
MIAMI - Royal Caribbean cruised beyond most expectations for its second quarter thanks in part to falling energy prices and it raised its profit guidance for the year.
- Police search for taxicab driver in pedestrian hit-and-run Updated: Jul-30-15 8:11 pm
MIAMI - Miami police are looking for a taxicab driver who fatally struck a pedestrian in front of Bayside Marketplace and then drove away.
- Scherzer, Papelbon lift Nationals past Marlins 1-0 Updated: Jul-30-15 7:50 pm
MIAMI - Jonathan Papelbon's debut with the Washington Nationals was just as they envisioned.
- MLS attendance on rise with big-name international players Updated: Jul-30-15 7:32 pm
DENVER - Kaka and David Villa are raising the profile of Major League Soccer. Clint Dempsey and the U.S. national teams have done their part, too.
- All-Star closer Jonathan Papelbon joins Nationals Updated: Jul-29-15 6:42 pm
MIAMI - All-Star closer Jonathan Papelbon wants to win another championship and become baseball's career saves leader. He likes his chances with the Washington Nationals.
- Nationals land Papelbon in trade, fall to Marlins 4-1 Updated: Jul-29-15 2:27 pm
MIAMI - The Washington Nationals have a new closer, landing All-Star Jonathan Papelbon from the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Former Miami Herald columnist elected to hall of fame Updated: Jul-29-15 11:23 am
MIAMI - Former Miami Herald reporter and humor columnist Larry Thompson is the sole inductee into the Florida Newspaper Hall of Fame in 2015.