- Detroit-area water authority wants to keep Flint as customer Updated: Feb-08-16 6:45 am
DETROIT - The leader of the Detroit-area's regional water system says she wants Flint to be a long-term customer instead of switching away again from Detroit water.
- Shoe collection in Louisville to raise money for Flint kids Updated: Feb-08-16 4:05 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville is launching a community-wide effort to raise money for children in Flint, Michigan, who have been impacted by that city's drinking water crisis.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Feb-06-16 1:17 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- Snyder defends office's handling of Legionnaires' outbreak Updated: Feb-05-16 9:58 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder on Friday defended how his office responded to an email flagging a potential link between a surge in Legionnaires' disease and Flint's water, saying an aide asked for further investigation but a state agency did not bring forward the issue again.
- College athletes volunteer to help Flint amid water crisis Updated: Feb-05-16 7:37 pm
FLINT, Michigan - College athletes are among those volunteering to help Flint amid the city's crisis with lead-tainted drinking water.
- The Latest: Snyder: Disaster loans approved for Flint Updated: Feb-05-16 6:11 pm
FLINT, Michigan - The Latest on Flint's water emergency (all times local):
- EPA: Traces of contaminant found in 3 Colorado water systems Updated: Feb-05-16 5:35 pm
DENVER - Traces of widely used and potentially harmful chemicals have shown up in three drinking water systems in Colorado, prompting officials to shut down three wells and start looking for the source.
- Flint food establishments urged to get water inspections Updated: Feb-05-16 1:59 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Food establishments in Flint are being encouraged to take advantage of free water safety inspections offered amid the city's crisis with lead-tainted water.
- Officials: Pets shouldn't be given unfiltered Flint water Updated: Feb-05-16 5:29 am
FLINT, Michigan - Officials are reminding people to make sure pets aren't drinking unfiltered Flint tap water after two area dogs tested positive for lead toxicity in recent months.
- Pistons blow 27-point lead, recover to beat Knicks 111-105 Updated: Feb-04-16 11:30 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Anthony Tolliver's only shot of the game helped the Detroit Pistons avoid a colossal collapse.
- Senate Democrats block energy bill in impasse over Flint Updated: Feb-04-16 3:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats on Thursday blocked the first bipartisan energy bill in almost a decade after majority Republicans balked over sending hundreds of millions of dollars in emergency aid to Flint, Michigan, to fix and replace the city's lead-contaminated pipes.
- Officials warned of water, Legionnaires' link Updated: Feb-04-16 2:15 pm
LANSING, Michigan - High-ranking officials in Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder's administration were aware of a surge in Legionnaires' disease potentially linked to Flint's water long before the governor reported the increase to the public last month, internal emails show.
- Officials work to ensure immigrants get safe water in Flint Updated: Feb-04-16 1:35 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Identification no longer is required for Flint residents to get bottled water amid the city's crisis with lead-tainted water.
- Man charged after children found with skull fractures Updated: Feb-03-16 7:32 pm
FLINT, Michigan - A 27-year-old Flint man has been charged with two counts of assault with intent to murder and child abuse after doctors at an area hospital discovered that two of his girlfriend's children had skull fractures and other injuries.
- Snyder calls for $30M in state help for Flint water bills Updated: Feb-03-16 5:19 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Legislative leaders said Wednesday they are open to spending $30 million to help pay the water bills of Flint residents facing an emergency over a lead-contaminated water supply, though a top Democrat said the proposed state funding should be doubled.
- Flint crisis reaches Capitol Hill, and it's a blame game Updated: Feb-03-16 4:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Government officials tangled on Wednesday over who was to blame for the crisis in Flint, Michigan, that allowed lead-contaminated water to flow to thousands of residents at a combative congressional hearing that devolved into a partisan fight over witnesses and no-shows.
- Health officials investigate rashes amid Flint water crisis Updated: Feb-03-16 7:16 am
DETROIT - The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services is working with federal officials to investigate rashes reported in Flint amid the city's drinking water crisis.
- Lansing schools take action after elevated lead levels found Updated: Feb-03-16 5:21 am
LANSING, Michigan - The Lansing School District has flushed water lines, changed some plumbing fixtures and removed others after recent testing showed elevated levels of lead in water samples from five of its buildings.
- The Latest: Teachers' union wants local control for district Updated: Feb-02-16 5:48 pm
DETROIT - The Latest on the state-appointed emergency manager for the Detroit Public Schools stepping down (all times local):
- State manager for Detroit schools leaving job months early Updated: Feb-02-16 3:26 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Criticized on two fronts for his role in Flint's lead-tainted water crisis and his handling of teacher sick-outs and building conditions in Detroit's troubled public schools, Darnell Earley has decided to step down from his job as the state-appointed emergency manager for Michigan's largest school district before the end of his 18-month term.
- Flint City Council member convicted of disorderly conduct Updated: Feb-02-16 11:21 am
FLINT, Michigan - A Flint City Council member who recently got out of jail after serving 22 days for impaired driving is facing 90 more days behind bars after being convicted of disorderly conduct.
- Authorities: Child dies following Flint-area house fire Updated: Feb-02-16 6:43 am
SWARTZ CREEK, Michigan - Authorities and family members say a 9-year-old boy has died following a Flint-area house fire.
- Mississippi student raises nearly $3K for students in Flint Updated: Feb-01-16 5:58 pm
WEST POINT, Mississippi - A sixth-grade student has raised $2,951.49 for students in Flint, Michigan.
- The Latest: Trump campaign says rally raised $6 million Updated: Jan-28-16 11:47 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Latest on developments from the 2016 Republican race for president, less than a week out from the Iowa caucuses (all times local):
- Pistons' owner pledges $10M to help resolve Flint water woes Updated: Jan-28-16 4:33 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Tom Gores, a Flint native and owner of the Detroit Pistons, is pledging to raise $10 million to address the short- and long-term needs of his Michigan hometown, where the drinking water is contaminated with lead.