- High-profile tax fraud cases could hurt Spanish soccer Updated: May-30-16 6:53 am
MADRID - Now that the season is over, Lionel Messi is getting ready to go to court.
- Tourism boom fires Iberian economies but leaves some cold Updated: May-28-16 1:07 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - With sunny days getting longer and lazier, sparkling beaches warming up and terrorism fears driving customers away from other Mediterranean destinations, Spain and Portugal are reaping an economic bonanza from tourism.
- France's Mathieu out of Euro 2016 with calf injury Updated: May-28-16 9:56 am
PARIS - France's defensive woes worsened on Saturday as Jeremy Mathieu was ruled out of the European Championship with a calf injury.
- Argentine star Messi leaves Honduras match with back injury Updated: May-27-16 11:36 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentine soccer superstar Lionel Messi left the field with a back injury in the second half of a 1-0 victory over Honduras in a friendly Friday night.
- Mourinho-Guardiola rivalry set to rekindle in England Updated: May-27-16 5:07 am
MADRID - The rivalry between Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola is about to be renewed.
- Champions League final in Milan highlights Serie A's crisis Updated: May-26-16 10:02 pm
MILAN - AC Milan failed to qualify for Europe for a third straight season and club president Silvio Berlusconi is in negotiations to sell a majority stake in the club to a group of Chinese investors.
- 11 injured in 3rd night of clashes over squat in Barcelona Updated: May-26-16 4:18 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Police say 11 people were injured in a third consecutive night of clashes with protesters supporting squatters in Spain's northeastern city of Barcelona.
- Rivals Hamilton and Rosberg at peace despite crash in Spain Updated: May-25-16 1:53 pm
MONACO - In a rare show of unity so absent during their previous bouts of feuding, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg brushed aside any talk of tension in the wake of their crash at the Spanish Grand Prix two weeks ago.
- Wax figure of Neymar unveiled by Madame Tussauds Updated: May-24-16 4:42 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Neymar couldn't help but laugh in amusement after taking a long look at the newly unveiled wax figure of himself.
- Cup title gives Barcelona its 27th trophy in last decade Updated: May-23-16 6:35 pm
MADRID - Only by Barcelona's incredibly high standards can winning back-to-back doubles seem like a disappointment.
- Man United fires Van Gaal, expected to appoint Mourinho soon Updated: May-23-16 5:59 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Replacing Alex Ferguson is proving harder than Manchester United could ever have imagined.
- Suarez expected to make Copa America trip despite injury Updated: May-23-16 3:16 pm
MADRID - Luis Suarez is expected to travel to the United States to join Uruguay's national team for the Copa America, though he is likely to miss the start of the tournament because of a hamstring injury.
- From champs to flops, assessing the European soccer season Updated: May-23-16 7:00 am
- Luis Suarez in tears after injury, could miss Copa Updated: May-22-16 10:24 pm
MADRID - Luis Suarez' participation in the Copa America Centenario is in doubt after the Uruguay striker left Spain's Copa del Rey final with an apparent muscle injury and in tears on Sunday.
- Barcelona beats Sevilla in extra time to win Copa del Rey Updated: May-22-16 8:05 pm
MADRID - Barcelona finished its season on a high by capturing the Copa del Rey title to add to its Spanish league trophy won just a week ago.
- Barcelona, Sevilla aim for successful end in Copa del Rey Updated: May-21-16 10:25 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Important titles secured, Barcelona and Sevilla aim to sweeten already successful seasons in the Copa del Rey final on Sunday.
- Spanish court allows separatist flags at Copa del Rey final Updated: May-20-16 1:23 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Catalan separatists can display pro-independence flags at the Copa del Rey final on Sunday, when Barcelona will face Sevilla for the title, a Spanish court ruled on Friday.
- Sevilla's model for success makes 2nd-tier top priority Updated: May-20-16 10:03 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Liverpool learned the hard way that fewer teams are better than Sevilla when it comes to winning finals.
- For most clubs, Spanish league not about winning the title Updated: May-20-16 8:57 am
- Verstappen fastest in F1 testing after 1st win in Spain Updated: May-18-16 2:22 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Max Verstappen was fastest in Formula One testing on Wednesday, three days after he became the series' youngest race winner at the Spanish Grand Prix.
- Stakes high for Liverpool, Sevilla in Europa League final Updated: May-17-16 12:19 pm
BASEL, Switzerland - There's more at stake than just a trophy for Liverpool and Sevilla in the Europa League final.
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP Global Football 10 Updated: May-17-16 10:29 am
LONDON - ___
- Germany coach Loew keeps faith with Schweinsteiger, Podolski Updated: May-17-16 9:15 am
BERLIN - Germany coach Joachim Loew is giving captain Bastian Schweinsteiger every chance to prove his fitness for the European Championship despite the Manchester United midfielder's knee injury.
- Spain without Diego Costa, Torres on early Euro 2016 list Updated: May-17-16 8:26 am
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque left strikers Diego Costa and Fernando Torres off his preliminary list for the European Championship on Tuesday.
- Sporting Gijon escapes relegation in Spain; Getafe demoted Updated: May-15-16 6:06 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Sporting Gijon defeated Villarreal 2-0 to escape relegation from the Spanish top tier after Getafe lost 2-1 at Real Betis on Sunday.