- Roma apologizes to fans for 'embarrassing' loss to Barcelona Updated: Nov-27-15 1:15 pm
ROME - Roma general manager Mauro Baldissoni has apologized to the club's fans for an "embarrassing" 6-1 loss to Barcelona in the Champions League.
- Spain to pay FIFA reduced fine in Barcelona transfer case Updated: Nov-27-15 12:53 pm
ZURICH - FIFA says sport's highest court has cut the fine Spain's soccer federation must pay for breaking transfer rules when Barcelona signed youth players from abroad.
- Madrid in mayhem heads north to face tiny but tough Eibar Updated: Nov-26-15 6:34 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Rafa Benitez probably never imagined that Sunday's match at Eibar would be a critical test for his coaching credentials at Real Madrid.
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving Updated: Nov-25-15 4:27 pm
MADRID - It's a good time to be a Barcelona fan. Not so much a Real Madrid one.
- Messi scores first goals after injury, Barca routs Roma 6-1 Updated: Nov-24-15 6:12 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi scored his first two goals after a two-month injury layoff and Luis Suarez netted a brace in a 6-1 rout of Roma on Tuesday as Barcelona advanced to the Champions League knockout rounds for a 12th consecutive season.
- Mehmedi rescues draw for Leverkusen at BATE Updated: Nov-24-15 5:15 pm
BORISOV, Belarus - Admir Mehmedi's volley salvaged a 1-1 draw for Bayer Leverkusen away at BATE Borisov in the Champions League on Tuesday.
- 'Je Suis Paris' is PSG's slogan after attacks in home city Updated: Nov-24-15 5:16 am
"Je suis Paris" will be the declaration from Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday with the French capital still reeling from the attacks that left 130 people dead.
- Benitez hanging on at Real Madrid; Zinedine Zidane next? Updated: Nov-23-15 5:22 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid fans vividly showed their dissatisfaction, frantically waving white "goodbye" handkerchiefs and loudly jeering.
- Perez says Real Madrid remains fully behind Benitez Updated: Nov-23-15 3:03 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid president Florentino Perez insisted Monday that the club remains fully behind coach Rafa Benitez despite the humiliating loss to Barcelona this weekend.
- Barcelona looks to reach next round of Champions League Updated: Nov-23-15 7:17 am
MADRID - Still savoring its memorable win against Real Madrid, Barcelona returns home to face Roma on Tuesday with a chance to reach the knockout stage of the Champions League.
- Barcelona hosts Roma amid heightened security measures Updated: Nov-22-15 10:33 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Fresh from its domestic demolition of Real Madrid, Barcelona will be aiming to advance to the Champions League knockout rounds for a 12th straight year when it hosts Roma on Tuesday.
- Levante beats Sporting to escape bottom of Spanish league Updated: Nov-22-15 8:23 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Deyverson scored twice in Levante's 3-0 win at Sporting Gijon to move the team off the bottom of the Spanish league on Sunday.
- In Barca's big win, Iniesta wins over Madrid smarting fans Updated: Nov-22-15 8:12 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Andres Iniesta has won it all with Barcelona, even the applause of its fiercest rival's fans.
- Messi on the bench for Real Madrid vs. Barcelona Updated: Nov-21-15 12:05 pm
MADRID - Lionel Messi will be on the bench when Barcelona plays at Real Madrid in the first "clasico" of the season on Saturday.
- Cryuff says he will win battle against cancer Updated: Nov-19-15 3:01 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Dutch football great Johan Cruyff is confident he will come out on top in his battle against cancer.
- Stadiums on red alert as football resumes after Paris terror Updated: Nov-19-15 11:31 am
PARIS - Fear and trepidation, rather than excitement and thrills, may grip fans when Europe's domestic soccer leagues resume this weekend in the wake of deadly terror attacks in Paris.
- Suarez says Messi looks sharp ahead of the 'clasico' Updated: Nov-18-15 6:15 pm
MADRID - Lionel Messi appears to be ready to play this weekend's "clasico" against Real Madrid according to Barcelona teammate Luis Suarez.
- Unprecedented security measures in place for Madrid vs Barca Updated: Nov-18-15 4:33 pm
MADRID - Spanish officials are promising unprecedented security measures for Saturday's soccer match between Real Madrid and Barcelona following the attacks in Paris.
- Neymar and Bayern Munich lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Nov-10-15 10:41 am
LONDON - Neymar and Bayern Munich returned to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday.
- Sociedad hires coach Eusebio Sacristan to replace Moyes Updated: Nov-10-15 4:07 am
SAN SEBASTIAN, Spain - Real Sociedad has hired former Barcelona player Eusebio Sacristan to replace David Moyes as the Spanish club's manager.
- Diego Costa recalled for Spain's national team Updated: Nov-06-15 9:40 am
MADRID - Diego Costa is back with Spain's national team after being left out of the last two matches because of suspensions.
- Gay priest fired by Vatican describes 'special homophobia' Updated: Nov-05-15 7:24 am
BARCELONA, Spain - The Polish monsignor who came out as gay and was fired by the Vatican just before a meeting of bishops about outreach to gays, divorcees and more traditional Catholic families says that a "special kind of homophobia" exists among priests, because those who are homosexual are forced to hate themselves.
- Barcelona midfielder Rakitic injures leg muscle Updated: Nov-04-15 5:48 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona will be without midfielder Ivan Rakitic for Sunday's Spanish league match against Villarreal due to injury.
- Roma beats Leverkusen 3-2 to revive chances of advancing Updated: Nov-04-15 5:28 pm
ROME - Miralem Pjanic scored a late penalty and Roma edged Bayer Leverkusen 3-2 Wednesday to revive its chances of advancing in the Champions League.
- Neymar, Suarez score as Barcelona beats BATE 3-0 in CL Updated: Nov-04-15 4:40 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Neymar scored twice and Luis Suarez added another goal to help Barcelona ease to a 3-0 win over BATE Borisov and move closer to qualifying for the Champions League knockout rounds on Wednesday.