- Illinois lawmakers urge Boeing not to sell aircraft to Iran Updated: May-04-16 4:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Three Republican congressmen from Illinois are urging the chief executive officer of Chicago-based Boeing to avoid doing business with Iran and not sell aircraft to upgrade its fleet.
- Iranian commander threatens to close Strait of Hormuz to US Updated: May-04-16 3:14 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - The deputy commander of Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard said Iranian forces will close the strategic Strait of Hormuz to the United States and its allies if they "threaten" the Islamic Republic, Iranian state media reported Wednesday.
- Lawyer says Iranian cartoonist freed after prison sentence Updated: May-03-16 9:35 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - An Iranian cartoonist imprisoned over portraying lawmakers as animals to criticize a draft law restricting contraception and criminalizing voluntary sterilization has been released from prison.
- Iran leader urges for nuclear weapons-free Korean Peninsula Updated: May-02-16 1:21 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's President Hassan Rouhani on Monday appealed for a Korean Peninsula free of nuclear weapons during a visit to Tehran by his South Korean counterpart, the official IRNA news agency reported.
- Iran votes in parliamentary runoff as rare shooting wounds 4 Updated: Apr-29-16 12:05 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranians voted Friday in the country's parliamentary runoff elections, a key poll that will decide how much power allies of moderate President Hassan Rouhani will have in the next legislature after the landmark nuclear deal with world powers.
- Undercover squad may mean more covering up for Tehran women Updated: Apr-27-16 10:29 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Tehran resident Sousan Heidari has stopped letting her headscarf slip casually down over her neck and shoulders while driving in the Iranian capital. These days, the 22-year-old with a taste for bold makeup makes sure to pull it tightly over her dark hair, fearful of running afoul of a newly established undercover division of the morality police.
- Report: Jailed Iranian Texas graduate student hospitalized Updated: Apr-24-16 1:15 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's judiciary spokesman has said that an Iranian graduate student studying at the University of Texas who is in jail in Tehran, has been hospitalized for surgery outside prison.
- Ex-president calls on Iranians to cast votes in runoff Updated: Apr-24-16 11:58 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's reformist ex-president has called on Iranians to cast their votes in the upcoming runoff parliamentary elections on April 29.
- GOP warily eyes Kerry-Zarif meeting on Iran sanctions relief Updated: Apr-21-16 3:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry and his Iranian counterpart will meet Friday for a second time this week over complaints from Iran that it's not getting the sanctions relief it deserves under last year's nuclear deal. The meeting drew concern from Republicans who said Kerry should not announce changes to U.S. sanctions that go beyond what Iran is entitled to.
- Iran calls US Supreme Court ruling on Beirut blast a 'theft' Updated: Apr-21-16 3:03 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran rejected on Thursday a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court the day before that clears the way for families of victims of the 1983 Marine barracks bombing in Beirut and other attacks linked to Iran to collect nearly $2 billion in frozen Iranian funds.
- Air France resumes flights to Iran after 8 years Updated: Apr-17-16 3:35 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Air France resumed flights to Iran Sunday after last year's landmark deal to curb Iranian nuclear activities, as part of larger French and European efforts to rebuild trade ties long frozen by sanctions.
- Air France resumes flights to Iran, after nuclear deal Updated: Apr-17-16 1:47 pm
PARIS - Air France has resumed flights to Iran after last year's landmark deal to curb Iranian nuclear activities, as part of larger French and European efforts to rebuild trade ties long frozen by sanctions.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Apr-16-16 12:14 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- Iran and Italy sign several deals during visit by PM Renzi Updated: Apr-12-16 2:41 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran and Italy signed a series of bilateral agreements during a visit by Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi to Tehran on Monday, signaling both countries' desire to restore ties following this year's implementation of the Iran nuclear deal.
- Iran says Boeing offers new aircraft during Tehran trip Updated: Apr-11-16 4:27 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Boeing Co. offered Iranian airlines three models of new aircraft to replace the country's aging fleet during the first visit by the Chicago-based manufacturer in decades, the Islamic Republic's state-run news agency reported Monday.
- Iran dismisses US talk of 'arrangement' on missiles Updated: Apr-09-16 12:51 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran has dismissed U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry's recent talk of a "new arrangement" involving Tehran's ballistic missiles, calling the idea "nonsense."
- Iran announces plan to visit Saudi Arabia to discuss hajj Updated: Apr-06-16 1:11 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's state news agency says an Iranian delegation plans to visit Saudi Arabia for talks on this year's upcoming hajj pilgrimage.