- EU foreign affairs chief announces visit to Iran Updated: Feb-06-16 9:58 am
AMSTERDAM - European Union foreign affairs chief Federica Mogherini says she is preparing to visit Iran following the implementation of a landmark nuclear deal between Tehran with world powers.
- Iran's stock exchange hits 1-year high after nuclear deal Updated: Feb-02-16 11:30 am
TEHRAN, Iran - The Tehran Stock Exchange has rallied to a one-year high after Iran's landmark nuclear deal with world powers went into effect last month, a spokesman for the exchange said Tuesday.
- Iran signs deal to buy 20 more airplanes Updated: Feb-02-16 9:51 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's national carrier has signed an agreement to buy 20 new passenger airplanes with an option for 20 more from French-Italian aircraft manufacturer ATR, Iranian media reported Tuesday.
- Iran: $100B in assets 'fully released' under nuclear deal Updated: Feb-01-16 9:05 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran said Monday it now has access to more than $100 billion worth of frozen overseas assets following the implementation of a landmark nuclear deal with world powers.
- Car-making deals, protests greet Iranian president in Paris Updated: Jan-28-16 3:09 pm
PARIS - France's government welcomed Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Thursday with promises of a new beginning in an old relationship, starting with investments to boost Iran's flagging economy that has been crippled by decades of sanctions.
- Iran: European airlines set to resume flights to Tehran Updated: Jan-28-16 2:47 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Several European airlines aim to resume their flights to Iran following a landmark nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers, the state-owned IRAN daily reported on Thursday.
- Iran training volunteer 'advisers' to serve in Syria Updated: Jan-27-16 12:02 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - A senior commander in Iran's Revolutionary Guard said Wednesday that it is training volunteer "advisers" to serve alongside President Bashar Assad's forces in Syria.
- Vatican: Iran must join fight against terrorism Updated: Jan-26-16 3:22 pm
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis held talks with Iran's president at the Vatican Tuesday, calling on Tehran to play a key role in stopping the spread of terrorism as Iran tries to improve its image in the global arena following an agreement on its nuclear program.
- The Latest: Iran's president, Pope Francis exchange gifts Updated: Jan-26-16 8:52 am
VATICAN CITY - The Latest on Iranian President Hassan Rouhani's visit to Europe (all times local):
- Iran announces 100 arrests over attack on Saudi embassy Updated: Jan-24-16 9:16 am
TEHRAN, Iran - A spokesman for Iran's judiciary says that around 100 suspects were arrested, with some later released, following an attack on Saudi Arabia's embassy in Tehran.
- China seeks 'new chapter' with Iran after sanctions end Updated: Jan-23-16 12:52 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Chinese President Xi Jinping said Saturday he hopes to open a "new chapter" in relations with Iran after the lifting of international sanctions under a historic nuclear deal, as he paid the first visit by a Chinese leader to the Islamic Republic in 14 years.
- New UN arrangements set out to monitor arms embargo on Iran Updated: Jan-21-16 8:42 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council has set out new arrangements to monitor an arms embargo on Iran and restrictions on its ballistic missiles and other programs that remain in place after its compliance with last summer's landmark nuclear deal and the lifting of U.N. and Western sanctions.
- Pakistan offers to host Saudi-Iran reconciliation talks Updated: Jan-19-16 2:38 pm
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's prime minister offered Tuesday to host talks between Iran and Saudi Arabia aimed at resolving disputes between the Middle Eastern rivals.
- Iran moves assets, awaits benefits as sanctions are lifted Updated: Jan-19-16 10:25 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran successfully transferred some of the billions of dollars' worth of frozen overseas assets following the implementation of the nuclear deal with world powers, the head of the country's central bank said Tuesday. But ordinary Iranians are still waiting to see how their daily lives will improve and how fast Iranian companies will gain access to financial markets worldwide.
- Daimler's truck business to return to Iran as sanctions lift Updated: Jan-18-16 5:22 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Daimler AG says its truck business is returning to Iran as Berlin and Tehran look at restoring economic ties after a landmark deal to curb Iran's nuclear activities led to the lifting of sanctions.
- The Latest: Massachusetts man freed from Iran returns home Updated: Jan-18-16 12:16 am
TEHRAN, Iran - The latest developments as Iran and world powers implement a landmark deal reached last year to curb Iran's nuclear activities in exchange for the lifting of international sanctions (all times local).
- Obama celebrates return of prisoners, announces sanctions Updated: Jan-17-16 5:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The United States on Sunday imposed sanctions over Iran's ballistic missile testing even as President Barack Obama hailed the release of five Americans from Tehran's custody and the implementation of a nuclear deal he hopes will stand among his lasting foreign policy achievements.
- As sanctions are lifted, Iranian foes fear the worst Updated: Jan-17-16 2:41 pm
JERUSALEM - As the nuclear deal with Tehran goes into effect, many Middle Eastern countries fear a newly emboldened Iran, flush with cash and international recognition, will grow more aggressive with what they see as meddling in conflicts across the region.
- US imposes new Iran sanctions for ballistic missile testing Updated: Jan-17-16 10:48 am
WASHINGTON - The United States on Sunday imposed sanctions against 11 individuals and entities involved in Iran's ballistic missile program as a result of Tehran's firing of a medium-range ballistic missile, a new punishment one day after the Obama administration lifted economic penalties against the Islamic Republic over its nuclear program.
- Rouhani: All happy about deal except Israel, US hard-liners Updated: Jan-17-16 6:12 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's President Hassan Rouhani said Sunday that the official implementation of the landmark nuclear deal has satisfied all parties except radical extremists, while Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pledged that Israel would remain vigilant to ensure that Iran was not violating its commitments.
- Iran warmly welcomes sanctions' end, though long thaw ahead Updated: Jan-16-16 6:32 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - The announcement on Saturday that Iran had satisfied its obligations under a nuclear deal with world powers was expected to pave the way for a new economic reality in the Islamic Republic, free from years of harsh international economic sanctions.
- Analysis: Prisoner release leaves GOP in tough spot on Iran Updated: Jan-16-16 6:18 pm
WASHINGTON - Iran's release of five Americans gives President Barack Obama the opportunity to deliver a harsh reminder to the Republicans wanting to succeed him: You can promise to pull back the hand I've extended to Iran and Cuba - nations the U.S. once cut off - but it won't be easy and it may be lonely.
- Iran transport minister: Agreement to buy 114 Airbus planes Updated: Jan-16-16 2:43 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran has reached a deal with the European consortium Airbus to buy 114 passenger planes once international economic sanctions are lifted as part of a nuclear deal, Iran's transport minister said Saturday.
- The Latest: Iran state TV broadcasts US sailors 'apology' Updated: Jan-13-16 4:05 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - The latest developments following the release of 10 U.S. Navy sailors detained by Iran after entering its territorial waters (All times local).
- Saudi-Iran tensions overshadow Asian soccer tournaments Updated: Jan-12-16 8:31 am
The political tensions between Saudi Arabia and Iran may filter onto the soccer pitch in the coming weeks with teams from the two nations due to play each other in the Asian Champions League and the Asian Under-23 Championships.