- Ceremony held for construction of USS John F. Kennedy Updated: Aug-22-15 4:44 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Construction has started on the Navy's next aircraft carrier.
- Chefs ramp up 'farm-to-table' meals with restaurant gardens Updated: Aug-22-15 11:04 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Tucked alongside The Point at Phoebus restaurant is a mini-garden bursting with basil, thyme and green peppers. If you order a mojito inside at the bar, chances are good the mint probably was picked there.
- Panel recommends narrowing Virginia open records exemption Updated: Aug-19-15 8:13 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - A state panel has recommended narrowing an exemption to the Virginia Freedom of Information Act regarding documents used by government executives when deciding policy matters.
- Newport News Shipbuilding wins submarine contract Updated: Aug-19-15 3:17 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Newport News Shipbuilding has been awarded a nearly $58 million contract to plan for maintenance and modernization on the submarine USS Columbus.
- Newport News resident gets 10 years for child porn Updated: Aug-13-15 3:17 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - A resident of Newport News has been sentenced to 10 years in prison in a child pornography case.
- Power line work signals stepped-up preventive maintenance Updated: Aug-09-15 10:38 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - On a good day, the divers working on the power line towers next to the James River bridge can see about 1 foot ahead - so they work by touch, assembling new 3-foot-diameter, steel-reinforced concrete footings on the river bottom.
- Va. paper sues to get access to thousands of court records Updated: Aug-07-15 5:08 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The Daily Press has gone to court to compel the release of a comprehensive database of thousands of court records.
- FBI, Newport News Police plan outreach event Updated: Aug-04-15 3:02 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The Federal Bureau of Investigation in Norfolk has announced a community outreach event aimed at promoting cultural awareness and mutual respect.
- USS Monitor gun turret from Civil War on display at museum Updated: Aug-01-15 9:52 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The ruddied brown of centuries-old iron serves as a constant source of excitement at the Mariners' Museum: a peek into history for casual visitors, an endless resource for Civil War buffs and a revolution in naval warfare that sits not half an hour away from Norfolk Naval Station.
- Attorney: Police shot man in head; family to file lawsuit Updated: Jul-30-15 5:17 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The attorney for the family of a 23-year-old man killed by police in Virginia said Thursday that the medical examiner's report indicates he was shot in the back of the head.