- Kenai residents foot bill for city-ordered paving project Updated: Apr-23-16 4:29 pm
KENAI, Alaska - Property owners on a Kenai cul-de-sac are paying the bill for a paving project on their street, but the city acknowledges that the project was misconceived and was not requested by the property owners.
- Amateur glassblower hones craft from his garage Updated: Apr-23-16 8:35 am
KENAI, Alaska - Kenai resident Jack Dean has an admittedly modest setup, from which he can turn out 10 simple pipes in only one hour. That is, after sobering investment and years of serious practice.
- Federal agency seeks more protection for Cook Inlet whales Updated: Apr-21-16 11:59 am
KENAI, Alaska - A federal commission is calling on the National Marine Fisheries Service to delay permits issued for oil and gas operations in Cook Inlet until a plan is developed to ensure marine animals, particularly beluga whales, are protected.
- Alaska editorials Updated: Apr-18-16 1:13 pm
Here is a sampling of editorial opinions from Alaska newspapers:
- Woman moves mule cross country through equine rescue network Updated: Apr-16-16 9:05 am
KENAI, Alaska - When Jacque White came across a greying draft mule on a Facebook page dedicated to relocating large animals sent to "kill pens," she said she couldn't stand to think of what would happen if she didn't step in.
- Sacred space in a quiet place Updated: Apr-09-16 11:05 am
KENAI, Alaska - The contrast of white cemetery crosses against the greens and browns of the surrounding forest in the distance is the first sign one has entered Kalifornsky Village.
- Anchorage man pleads guilty in 2013 death of California man Updated: Apr-05-16 10:05 am
KENAI, Alaska - An Anchorage man charged with the fatal shooting of a California man in 2013 has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.
- Kasilof River sees big personal use sockeye salmon harvest Updated: Apr-04-16 9:26 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Fishermen harvested nearly 533,000 salmon in Cook Inlet personal-use fisheries last year and the Kasilof River saw its highest sockeye salmon harvest to date.