- Police: 46-year-old woman dies after northern Michigan fire Updated: Jul-27-15 2:04 pm
MICHIGAMME, Michigan - Michigan State Police say a 46-year-old woman who recently moved from Wisconsin has died in the central Upper Peninsula.
- $40,000 to improve winter deer habitat in Upper Peninsula Updated: Jul-26-15 1:12 pm
MARQUETTE, Michigan - A $40,000 gift from the Safari Club International Foundation will help improve the winter habitat for deer in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
- DNR offers warning about bears on move in Michigan Updated: Jul-24-15 12:30 pm
MARQUETTE, Michigan - The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is offering a warning about bears in the state.
- Judge upholds law enabling commission to allow wolf hunting Updated: Jul-15-15 3:35 pm
MARQUETTE, Michigan - The Michigan Court of Claims has upheld a law empowering an appointed panel to allow hunting of wolves.
- Rock-climbing site in Michigan's Upper Peninsula reopens Updated: Jul-07-15 4:13 am
BIG BAY, Michigan - The historic AAA Walls have been reopened for recreational rock climbing.
- Bills to allow beer on pedal-powered trolleys go to Snyder Updated: Jul-04-15 1:31 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Legislation that would allow passengers to drink beer or wine aboard pedal-powered trolleys isn't getting unanimous support from people who shuttle people around town.
- Michigan releases draft wastewater permit for Humboldt Mill Updated: Jul-02-15 10:10 am
MARQUETTE, Michigan - State regulators have released a draft of a modified wastewater discharge permit for Eagle Mine's Humboldt Mill in the Upper Peninsula.
- Marquette County land bank gets grant to tear down blight Updated: Jul-01-15 2:02 am
NEGAUNEE, Michigan - Blighted buildings are getting demolished in two Upper Peninsula communities with help from a state of Michigan grant worth about $223,000.
- Michigan, Wisconsin interns help with Presque Isle project Updated: Jun-30-15 10:56 am
MARQUETTE, Michigan - Northern Michigan University student Daniel Mayle joked about having to look out for alligators in the Presque Isle Bog, but the reality is narrow-leaved cattails are more of a danger.
- Bike tours planned in July along Iron Ore Heritage Trail Updated: Jun-29-15 9:50 am
NEGAUNEE, Michigan - Bike tours are planned next month along a trail network that connects Upper Peninsula historic sites across the Marquette Iron Range.