- Vermont Arts Council gives out 46 grants Updated: Aug-31-15 4:09 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Arts Council has awarded 46 grants totaling nearly $355,000 to Vermont arts and community organizations and artists.
- 8 Vermont safety officials charged with impaired driving Updated: Aug-30-15 12:59 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Law enforcement officials and prosecutors in Vermont say they are troubled by the number of public safety works who have been charged with impaired driving this year.
- Woman delivers hand grenade to police, prompts evacuation Updated: Aug-30-15 12:43 pm
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - A hand grenade a woman found in her grandfather's belongings prompted police in Vermont to evacuate their department and surrounding homes after she brought it into the station.
- Man City breaks transfer record again to sign De Bruyne Updated: Aug-30-15 12:27 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City demonstrated its financial might by breaking the club's transfer record for the second time this summer to sign Kevin de Bruyne on Sunday, making the Belgium midfielder the second most-expensive player in English football history.
- Dartmouth, Vermont town have century-long tuition deal Updated: Aug-30-15 11:22 am
WHEELOCK, Vermont - For more than a century Dartmouth College has been making good on a promise to students from a hardscrabble Vermont town that helped the keep the school afloat in its early years: get in, and your tuition is free.
- The Fleming Museum of Art hires new curator Updated: Aug-30-15 11:19 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The University of Vermont's Fleming Museum of Art has a new curator.
- Crews continue work on White River Junction slide-in bridge Updated: Aug-30-15 11:07 am
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION, Vermont - Vermont transportation officials say drivers heading northbound on Interstate 91 in White River Junction should continue to find alternate routes while bridge replacement work continues.
- New York motorcyclist dead after Vermont crash Updated: Aug-30-15 9:20 am
VERSHIRE, Vermont - A New York man is dead after his motorcycle veered off the road and into the guardrail in Vershire, Vermont.
- Authorities warn about jury duty scam Updated: Aug-30-15 8:40 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Chittenden County residents are being warned of a phone scam involving jury duty.
- City asks developers for hotel proposals at Vermont airport Updated: Aug-30-15 8:37 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - A high-end hotel could be on its way to Burlington International Airport.
- 1st phase of northern Vermont recreational trail opens Updated: Aug-29-15 3:16 pm
DANVILLE, Vermont - Communities in northeastern Vermont are celebrating the opening of the first phase of a recreational rail trail that will eventually run nearly 100 miles from St. Johnsbury to Swanton.
- Man in critical condition after falling 50 feet from ledge Updated: Aug-29-15 1:49 pm
WILLISTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police say a Williston man is in critical condition after falling 50 feet from a rock ledge overlooking Interstate 89.
- Algae drives down property values on Lake Champlain Updated: Aug-29-15 12:10 pm
GEORGIA, Vermont - The two cottages on the shore of Lake Champlain will someday be passed down to her children but Enid Letourneau worries the algae that turns the shoreline pea-soup green each August means they won't amount to much of an inheritance.
- Lake Champlain Ferries offering reward to find jumper Updated: Aug-29-15 9:01 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The company that operates most of the ferries that carry passengers across Lake Champlain between Vermont and New York is offering a $1,000 reward to help find the man who jumped from a moving ferry.
- At least 50 runners to take part in midnight race Updated: Aug-29-15 8:31 am
POWNAL, Vermont - About 50 runners are expected to take part in a midnight race in southern Vermont.
- The Latest: Defense says ex-senior's boasts were 'damning' Updated: Aug-28-15 5:31 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The latest on the trial of a former student at an elite prep school accused of raping a freshman as part of a tradition called Senior Salute (all times local):
- Vermont school district to bring in heroin antidote Updated: Aug-28-15 5:20 pm
HARTFORD, Vermont - A Vermont school district plans to draft procedures to bring a heroin overdose antidote to its Hartford schools.
- Vermont court reverses conviction of dad who yelled at coach Updated: Aug-28-15 4:49 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Supreme Court on Friday overturned the disorderly conduct conviction of a New Hampshire man who yelled profanity at a high school basketball coach and hit a parked car with his hand because he was upset his daughter didn't get to play in a junior varsity game.
- Vermont trying to entice industrial parts maker into staying Updated: Aug-28-15 3:53 pm
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - Officials say various state programs are being considered to help convince one of Brattleboro's largest employers to remain in the area.
- Spain coach calls up David de Gea for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Aug-28-15 9:56 am
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque on Friday included goalkeeper David de Gea, Diego Costa and Juan Mata in his squad to take on Slovakia and Macedonia in qualifying matches for next year's European Championship.
- Single vehicle crash near St. Michael's College injures 5 Updated: Aug-28-15 4:34 am
COLCHESTER, Vermont - Officials say five people were injured, some seriously, after a car crashed into a utility pole near St. Michael's College in Chittenden County.
- State Police: Slow down on Vermont's highways Updated: Aug-28-15 4:08 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police say they have caught at least six drivers in three weeks for speeding in excess of 100 mph along the state's highways.
- Former University of Vermont basketball player retires Updated: Aug-27-15 4:00 pm
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vermont - A former University of Vermont basketball player is calling it quits.
- Chelsea missing Terry with captain's place under scrutiny Updated: Aug-27-15 3:12 pm
MANCHESTER, England - John Terry ended last season as still the best center back in the English Premier League.
- Norovirus sickened visitors to Vermont park Updated: Aug-27-15 2:17 pm
SALISBURY, Vermont - Vermont officials have confirmed that norovirus sickened dozens of visitors to Branbury State Park in Salisbury last week.