- Republican Phil Scott kicks off campaign for governor Updated: Dec-01-15 7:03 pm
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Republican Lt. Gov. Phil Scott kicked off his campaign for governor Tuesday, saying he will work to rebuild Vermont's economic foundation.
- A look at what's behind Vermont budget shortfalls Updated: Dec-01-15 6:22 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - For at least the ninth year in a row, Vermont is looking at a budget gap for the coming fiscal year - a situation in which projected revenues do not meet projected demand for spending. Here's a primer on why this keeps happening.
- Icy roads lead to crashes around Vermont Updated: Dec-01-15 5:41 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Rain has turned roads slick and led to vehicle accidents around Vermont.
- Vandals damage buildings at Brattleboro ski jump Updated: Dec-01-15 4:44 pm
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - Police say a ski jump in Brattleboro was vandalized last week.
- Developer says it will honor vote on proposed wind turbines Updated: Dec-01-15 2:39 pm
GRAFTON, Vermont - The developer of a wind power project proposed for a Vermont forest says it will honor a public vote on the project.
- Vermont announces pilot opiate treatment program Updated: Dec-01-15 1:25 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Gov. Peter Shumlin on Tuesday announced a pilot program to give an anti-addiction drug to newly released inmates hooked on heroin and other opiates.
- Police: Drunk Vermont man was speeding with 2 kids in car Updated: Dec-01-15 10:29 am
LYNDON, Vermont - Police say a Vermont man was drunk with two children in his car while he traveled at speeds of 99 miles per hour in a 65 mile-per-hour zone on Interstate 91.
- Vermont Supreme Court disbars former Rutland city attorney Updated: Dec-01-15 5:57 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - A former Rutland city attorney now serving time for a 2013 hit-and-run crash that killed a 71-year-old woman has lost his law license.
- Vermont Health Connect promises fixes after critical audits Updated: Nov-30-15 6:21 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Although Gov. Peter Shumlin recently proclaimed the Vermont Health Connect a "totally different ballgame" in comparison to last year's performance, a House committee on Monday heard of several unresolved problems affecting the insurance exchange.
- Vermont woman dies after vehicle strikes tree in Coventry Updated: Nov-30-15 5:22 pm
COVENTRY, Vermont - Vermont State Police say a 35-year-old Charleston woman is dead following a single vehicle crash in the town of Coventry.
- 5 Vermont National Guard members headed to Horn of Africa Updated: Nov-30-15 4:48 pm
COLCHESTER, Vermont - Five members of the Vermont National Guard are headed to the Horn of Africa for an assignment flying and maintaining transport aircraft.
- Winter conditions close Vermont Route 108 until spring Updated: Nov-30-15 4:44 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Vermont - The Vermont Agency of Transportation says Route 108, the narrow windy mountain pass through Smugglers' Notch, is closed for the season.
- Correction: Vermont Deer Hunt story Updated: Nov-30-15 12:26 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - In a story Nov. 29 about the end of Vermont's 2015 rifle deer hunting season, The Associated Press reported erroneously on the length of the muzzle loading season and second archery season. Those seasons run nine days, not eight days.
- Federal protection considered for endangered Vermont turtles Updated: Nov-30-15 6:58 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - Federal wildlife officials are considering adding two rare Vermont turtles to the list of nationally endangered species.
- Steidl scores 17, Vermont rolls over Marist 86-60 Updated: Nov-29-15 4:08 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Kurt Steidl scored 17 points, Dre Wills had 10 points with 11 rebounds and Vermont cruised to an 86-60 win over Marist on Sunday.
- Vermont lawmakers invited to budget preview Updated: Nov-29-15 12:44 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont lawmakers are being invited to a special meeting to review the state's tough budget situation.
- Vermont targets roads to reduce Lake Champlain pollution Updated: Nov-29-15 10:59 am
DANVILLE, Vermont - From paved city streets to hilly dirt roads, runoff from Vermont's roadways contributes more than 10 percent of the pollution flowing into Lake Champlain that fuels toxic algae blooms in its bays.
- Vermont Christmas tree lighting set for Dec.1 Updated: Nov-29-15 8:26 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermonters are being invited to the lighting of the state's Christmas tree in front of the Statehouse in Montpelier.
- Trooper specializes in speeders on Vermont interstate spot Updated: Nov-28-15 3:18 pm
ROYALTON, Vermont - A stretch of the southbound side of Interstate 89 is a hotspot for speeders traveling faster than 100 miles per hour and a member of the Vermont State Police's traffic safety unit has made a specialty of catching them.
- Vermont police say man charged in theft of police gear Updated: Nov-28-15 2:26 pm
ST. ALBANS, Vermont - Police say they have arrested a Vermont man in connection with two break-ins, including a police cruiser in St. Albans last week.
- Vermont state police arrest same woman twice in 2 days Updated: Nov-28-15 1:13 pm
WEST RUTLAND, Vermont - Vermont state police say they arrested the same woman two days in a row in the same town for driving while her license was suspended.
- 2nd annual holiday tractor parade Friday Updated: Nov-28-15 8:13 am
ST. ALBANS, Vermont - Farmers will parade tractors decorated with Christmas lights and ornaments through downtown St. Albans during the second annual tractor parade.
- Vermont police say man smashed window of neighboring car Updated: Nov-27-15 6:52 pm
KILLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont state police say a man at Killington Ski Resort used his snowboard to smash in the sunroof of a car in the parking lot, possibly because it parked too close to his.
- 2 hit by Amtrak train on trestle, 1 dies of injuries Updated: Nov-27-15 5:21 pm
HARTFORD, Vermont - Authorities say one teen is dead and another man is in critical condition after they were hit by an Amtrak train on a 40-foot-tall railroad trestle in West Hartford, Vermont.
- 8 Vermont ski resorts opening Updated: Nov-27-15 10:36 am
STOWE, Vermont - Eight Vermont ski resorts are expected to open this week or weekend during the Thanksgiving holiday despite the mild temperatures.