- Traveling Vietnam Veteran Wall comes to Springfield Updated: Jul-05-15 3:38 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A traveling version of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington is coming to Springfield.
- Physician dies after Springfield bicycling accident Updated: Jul-05-15 12:19 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Authorities have identified a man killed in a Springfield bicycling accident as a doctor.
- Springfield teacher charged with sexual abuse Updated: Jul-04-15 2:07 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield teacher has been charged with sexually abusing a foster child in her care.
- Police: No one hurt when bullet hits Springfield bus Updated: Jul-03-15 4:49 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Springfield police say they're trying to determine who fired a bullet into a commuter bus while it was stopped at a traffic light.
- Police: Bomb found in car during Missouri traffic stop Updated: Jul-02-15 7:25 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Missouri man arrested after police said they found an improvised explosive device in his vehicle has previous convictions for drug possession and domestic assault.
- Man sentenced to 15 years for stabbing Springfield teenager Updated: Jul-02-15 9:55 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A 22-year-old man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for stabbing a teenager to death at a southwest Missouri apartment complex.
- Lawsuit alleging teacher slapped autistic boy settled Updated: Jul-01-15 11:26 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A federal judge has approved a $350,000 settlement in a lawsuit alleging a teacher repeatedly slapped an autistic boy at a Springfield school.
- Springfield police probe bicyclist's traffic death Updated: Jul-01-15 9:20 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Springfield police are investigating the death of a 72-year-old bicyclist who was hit by a car.
- Vernon County woman sentenced to 2 years for embezzlement Updated: Jun-30-15 6:55 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Vernon County woman has been sentenced to two years in prison for embezzling more than $336,000 from her employer and failing to pay taxes on the stolen money.
- Missouri man sentenced to 6 years in synthetic pot case Updated: Jun-29-15 5:53 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A 36-year-old Missouri man faces six years in federal prison for distributing more than $1.2 million worth of synthetic marijuana.
- Springfield inundated by high-grade marijuana from Colorado Updated: Jun-29-15 4:02 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Narcotics investigators in Springfield say the city is seeing an influx of higher-grade marijuana from states where the drug is legal, particularly Colorado.
- Springfield woman pleads not guilty in mother's death Updated: Jun-29-15 12:11 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A woman charged with arranging the death of her mother before fleeing with her boyfriend to Wisconsin pleaded not guilty Monday during her first court appearance in Missouri.
- Gov. Rauner's request for 5 business reforms hold up budget Updated: Jun-28-15 12:34 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner has an answer to the state Capitol budget impasse: adopt five "structural reforms" that make it cheaper to do business in Illinois.
- The Latest: Missouri reacts to gay marriage ruling Updated: Jun-26-15 7:42 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The latest reaction in Missouri to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to legalize marriages between same-sex couples (all times local):
- Missouri man sentenced to 60 years for producing child porn Updated: Jun-25-15 9:04 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield man was sentenced to 60 years in prison without parole for using two children to produce child pornography.
- Springfield council tables talk of 'In God We Trust' motto Updated: Jun-23-15 8:38 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - With dozens of people waiting to testify, the Springfield City Council tabled a proposal to post "In God We Trust" inside City Hall.
- Health officials say 2 men died of malaria in Springfield Updated: Jun-22-15 6:47 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Cerebral malaria was the cause of death for two men from South Africa whose bodies were found at a southwest Missouri motel where they had stopped during a motorcycle trip, health officials said Monday.
- Woman accused in Missouri shooting death deemed competent Updated: Jun-22-15 10:08 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A 21-year-old woman has been found mentally fit to stand trial in the 2012 shooting death of a man in southwestern Missouri.
- Northwest Arkansas Naturals falls to Springfield Cardinals Updated: Jun-21-15 5:45 pm
SPRINGDALE, Arkansas - Four home runs and eight scores weren't enough for the Naturals to win a series finale against the Springfield Cardinals.
- Storm heads northeast after flooding Oklahoma, Arkansas Updated: Jun-19-15 2:31 pm
ST. LOUIS - Tropical Depression Bill dumped up to 7 inches of rain on the Ozarks in southern Missouri overnight, causing flash floods that forced the evacuation of some towns and campgrounds and increasing the risk of major flooding along several rivers.
- 2 men found walking in Springfield road with stab wounds Updated: Jun-18-15 3:01 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Police are investigating after two men were found with stab wounds in Springfield.
- New Missouri website speeds results of background checks Updated: Jun-17-15 2:02 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Missouri school districts will be able to obtain the results of background checks more quickly thanks to a new website.
- Sheriff: Woman accused of killing mom may have faked illness Updated: Jun-16-15 5:27 pm
ST. LOUIS - A Missouri woman accused with her boyfriend of killing her mother may have faked the need for a wheelchair and pretended to be a Hurricane Katrina victim so that she and her mom could collect donations, a sheriff said Tuesday.
- Springfield manufacturer cited after worker's death at plant Updated: Jun-16-15 8:32 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The federal government has cited a Springfield-based manufacturer after a worker at the company plant died in January.
- Police find missing daughter of Missouri woman found dead Updated: Jun-15-15 10:52 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A 19-year-old woman has been found alive in Wisconsin after police found her mother's body in a Missouri home, tipped off by a Facebook posting that indicated one of the women was dead, authorities said Monday.