- Missouri State dispatches NAIA neighbor William Woods, 77-56 Updated: Nov-27-15 5:35 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Camyn Boone scored 16 points and grabbed eight rebounds as Missouri State picked up its first win of the season in its home opener, dispatching William Woods, 77-56 Friday.
- Springfield police shoot, kill 23-year-old man Updated: Nov-26-15 12:42 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Springfield police say an officer has shot and killed a man during a struggle over the officer's gun.
- Springfield police chief bemoans body-cam 'burden' Updated: Nov-25-15 4:55 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Springfield's police chief says a state law requiring officers to wear body cameras is too burdensome to local squads.
- Authorities identify Springfield homicide victim Updated: Nov-24-15 4:09 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Police have identified a Springfield homicide victim as a 48-year-old woman.
- Springfield police seek public's help Updated: Nov-24-15 11:53 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Springfield police are asking for the public's help as investigators try to find out who killed a man last month.
- Field of GOP candidates for Missouri governor down to 4 Updated: Nov-23-15 3:42 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - State Sen. Bob Dixon no longer is running for Missouri governor in 2016.
- Police: Assault maybe prompted by victim saying racial slurs Updated: Nov-23-15 7:10 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Police say a stabbing earlier this week may have been prompted by the victim uttering racial slurs, but there are questions about whether the man could control his speech.
- Chattanooga gets past Illinois 81-77 Updated: Nov-22-15 12:39 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Chuck Ester and Chattanooga had led Illinois all game Saturday, much of it by double digits, and suddenly faced a nine-point deficit with just over six minutes to play.
- Authorities ID man killed, woman hurt when train struck them Updated: Nov-21-15 12:10 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Authorities have identified a man who was killed and a woman who was injured when a train struck them in Springfield.
- Northern Iowa blanks Missouri State 41-0 Updated: Nov-14-15 6:46 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Aaron Bailey ran for four touchdowns and Northern Iowa shut out Missouri State 41-0 on Saturday.
- Springfield, county leaders see jail report differently Updated: Nov-14-15 1:02 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Nearly 3,000 crimes have gone "essentially unpunished" in the six months since Greene County's sheriff said he would no longer accept Springfield municipal prisoners at the county jail, according to a city report to Springfield City Council members.
- 7th sexual assault reported at MSU this semester Updated: Nov-12-15 12:18 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield university has received its seventh sexual assault report this semester.
- TV show to air story of woman who faked man's death Updated: Nov-12-15 3:34 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The story of a Springfield woman who allegedly faked a man's death to avoid paying a loan will appear on the Judge Mathis show Friday.
- Loading vehicle catches fire in Springfield quarry Updated: Nov-11-15 12:20 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A loading vehicle carrying an explosive blasting agent caught fire in a Springfield quarry.
- Springfield woman sought for striking deputy with car Updated: Nov-11-15 9:56 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Authorities in southwest Missouri are searching for a woman accused of backing a car into a law enforcement officer, pinning him between two vehicles.
- Prosecutors not seeking death penalty in June stabbing death Updated: Nov-10-15 5:01 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A southwest Missouri prosecutor says he will not seek the death penalty against two people who are charged with first-degree murder in the June slaying of Clauddinnea "Dee Dee" Blanchard.
- Cab driver tried to steal identity with customer's IDs Updated: Nov-09-15 7:11 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield cab driver has been charged with identity theft after using a customer's ID cards to open a phony bank account.
- Springfield man sentenced to 25 years for wife's murder Updated: Nov-07-15 12:43 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield man was sentenced to 25 years in prison for the beating death of his wife, who police say suffered more than 100 injuries before she died.
- Springfield police identify man killed by officers Wednesday Updated: Nov-05-15 4:21 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - Police say a man shot and killed by Springfield officers was from the Joplin area and had a long criminal history.
- 2 southwest Missouri teens killed in crash Updated: Nov-05-15 8:33 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Two teenagers have died in a single-vehicle crash in southwest Missouri.
- Illinois AG Madigan joins legal effort to support power plan Updated: Nov-04-15 2:36 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois has joined 17 states supporting new domestic power plant limits being challenged in federal court by more than two dozen other states.
- Student reports being raped at Missouri State dorm Updated: Nov-02-15 7:59 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Springfield police are investigating another report of a woman being raped at Missouri State University.
- Springfield soccer player excels with prosthetic leg Updated: Nov-01-15 12:40 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield athlete isn't afraid to laugh at some of the quirks of playing soccer with a prosthetic leg.
- South Dakota State shuts out Missouri State, 39-0 Updated: Oct-31-15 6:17 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Jake Wieneke caught seven passes for 161 yards, including a 48-yard strike from Zach Lujan, to help lead South Dakota State to a 39-0 victory over Missouri State on Saturday.
- Missouri State says 5 rapes reported this semester Updated: Oct-31-15 4:27 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Springfield police are investigating the fifth rape reported this semester on the Missouri State University campus.