- Utility to clean contaminated site in downtown Springfield Updated: Aug-31-15 7:10 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Officials are planning a $7.3 million cleanup of a contaminated site in downtown Springfield.
- Deck collapse near Springfield sends 7 people to hospital Updated: Aug-30-15 12:35 pm
ROGERSVILLE, Missouri - A deck collapse at a home near Springfield has sent seven people to the hospital.
- First drive in truck ends in flames at Missouri restaurant Updated: Aug-29-15 7:13 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A man's first drive in his new pickup truck has ended in flames in the drive-through of a Springfield restaurant.
- Ozark car dealers found guilty in meth distribution ring Updated: Aug-29-15 6:53 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Two southwest Missouri car dealers have been convicted in a scheme to launder drug money for a man with a criminal past.
- Missouri police training panel to hold public hearings Updated: Aug-27-15 5:07 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The public will have an opportunity to suggest changes to the training requirements of law enforcers in Missouri.
- Missouri man pleads guilty in couple's deaths Updated: Aug-26-15 5:31 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A 54-year-old man has pleaded guilty in the 2014 deaths of a Springfield couple.
- Springfield district identifies 807 homeless students Updated: Aug-26-15 2:13 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The Springfield school district, the largest in Missouri, has a record number of homeless students starting school this year.
- Man who hid in Mexico for 7 years sentenced for tax evasion Updated: Aug-25-15 9:47 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A former Springfield man who eluded authorities for seven years has pleaded guilty to federal tax evasion.
- Former Springfield man pleads to tax evasion Updated: Aug-25-15 5:05 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A former Springfield man who fled Missouri for Mexico nearly seven years ago has pleaded guilty to federal tax evasion charges.
- Springfield woman pleads to supplying alcohol to minors Updated: Aug-24-15 4:42 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield woman has been sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to supplying alcohol to teenagers.
- Springfield church splits from Presbyterian denomination Updated: Aug-20-15 9:49 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield church has voted to split with the Presbyterian Church USA over differences in theological beliefs.
- Homeless mother changes her life to keep her son Updated: Aug-18-15 11:05 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Someday, newborn Victor Alexander Buford might ask his mother: How did you find out you were pregnant? Why is my daddy not around? What was your life like back then?
- Trial date set for Missouri man accused of killing child Updated: Aug-17-15 5:24 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A judge has set a trial date for a southwest Missouri man charged with raping and killing a 10-year-old girl.
- Doniphan man's body found in Current River Updated: Aug-17-15 5:06 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The body of a Missouri man has been found in the Current River, three days after he fell out of his kayak.
- Enrollment up 2.6 percent at Missouri State Updated: Aug-17-15 12:36 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Enrollment is on the rise at Missouri State University, largely due to the biggest increase in first-time students since 1987.
- Investigators probing 2011 death of rural Missouri couple Updated: Aug-16-15 11:22 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Investigators are continuing to probe the 2011 deaths of a rural southwest Missouri couple, according to recently released court documents.
- Missouri man pleads guilty to federal tax fraud Updated: Aug-14-15 12:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A southwest Missouri man has pleaded guilty to federal charges accusing him of trying to avoid paying more than half a million dollars in federal taxes.
- Mercy Springfield to pay $5.5M to settle federal claim Updated: Aug-14-15 11:49 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield health care company has to pay the federal government $5.5 million to settle allegations the company violated federal Medicare laws.
- Former Missouri high school coach accused of abusing student Updated: Aug-13-15 1:59 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A former high school basketball coach in southwest Missouri faces charges that he sexually abused a student more than two decades ago.
- Springfield call center closes, loss of 100 jobs Updated: Aug-13-15 7:59 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield call center that processed orders for Pizza Huts nationwide has closed, citing changes in pizza ordering habits.
- Illinois governor signs police guidelines for body cameras Updated: Aug-12-15 3:58 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois has become one of the first states nationwide to establish wide-ranging law enforcement rules for body cameras, bias-free policing and more data collection on arrests under a measure signed into law Wednesday by Gov. Bruce Rauner.
- Springfield zoo losing popular Hippo Updated: Aug-12-15 12:44 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The Dickerson Park Zoo in Springfield says its popular hippopotamus is being moved to a zoo in Cincinnati.
- Hearing for Missouri man accused of having explosive device Updated: Aug-12-15 5:05 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A 42-year-old Missouri man arrested after police said they found an improvised explosive device in his vehicle has an upcoming court appearance.
- Ex-Springfield police officer recovering from gunshot Updated: Aug-08-15 1:29 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A former Springfield police officer who was shot in the head in January has made remarkable progress in his recovery.
- Missouri man gets 20 years in prison for making child porn Updated: Aug-06-15 5:49 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A man who prosecutors say admitted while applying for a Missouri State Highway Patrol job that he had had sexual contact with several underage girls was sentenced Thursday to 20 years in prison.