- Prosecutors: Missouri man raped woman days before he killed Updated: Apr-29-16 11:14 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Missouri prosecutors say a man imprisoned for a 2013 strangling had raped a woman days before the killing but avoided arrest by claiming the sex was consensual.
- 5th person charged in southwest Missouri homicide Updated: Apr-28-16 2:52 pm
HALLTOWN, Missouri - A fifth person has been charged in the ambush killing of a drug trafficker in southwest Missouri.
- 18-year-old hiker survives 70-foot cliff-fall in Missouri Updated: Apr-27-16 2:36 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - An 18-year-old hiker who tumbled 60 to 70 feet over a cliff at a quarry in Missouri's Ozarks landed on an outcrop that spared her an additional 100-foot drop to her likely death, one of her rescuers said Wednesday.
- Forecasters warn of Missouri flooding after spring storm Updated: Apr-27-16 8:34 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Several Missouri communities are experiencing minor to moderate flooding after a spring storm swept through the state.
- 5 arrested in connection with southwest Missouri homicide Updated: Apr-26-16 9:07 pm
HALLTOWN, Missouri - Authorities have arrested five people in connection with a reportedly drug-related southwest Missouri homicide.
- 2 Springfield hospitals open rooms for court hearings Updated: Apr-26-16 3:29 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Two Springfield hospitals are implementing systems that allow psychiatric patients to attend court hearings from a psych-safe room.
- Nebraska case highlights mandatory minimum sentences Updated: Apr-26-16 2:40 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A group seeking changes to mandatory minimum sentences in drug cases is pointing to the case of a Nebraska man who will begin a 10-year prison term that even a judge calls "absolutely ridiculous."
- Bishop appointed for Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau Updated: Apr-26-16 8:34 am
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - The Catholic Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau is getting a new bishop.
- Missouri boy sells lemonade to help pay for his adoption Updated: Apr-25-16 11:17 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A third-grader in Missouri has been selling lemonade to help pay for his adoption.
- Frequent cash withdrawals land Springfield man in court Updated: Apr-24-16 5:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield businessman has pleaded guilty to a federal charge accusing him trying to avoid financial reporting laws by making frequent bank withdrawals.
- Springfield boy sells lemonade to help pay for his adoption Updated: Apr-23-16 2:23 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield third-grader is selling lemonade to help pay for his adoption.
- Lawsuit: Former student ousted over gay couple counseling Updated: Apr-22-16 3:00 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A former Missouri State University graduate student says in a federal lawsuit that the school kicked him out of a master's program three years after he said counseling gay couples violated his religious beliefs.
- Prosecutor finds justification for shooting of bondswoman Updated: Apr-22-16 9:07 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A southwest Missouri prosecutor has ruled that an officer was justified in fatally shooting a bail bondwoman who fired at other bonding employees and police.
- OSHA proposes $95K in fines for storage tank company Updated: Apr-21-16 10:28 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A federal agency has found that a storage tank manufacturer is continuing to expose workers to hazardous levels of a chemical than can cause lung cancer and other health problems.
- Former Missouri sheriff begins serving prison sentence Updated: Apr-21-16 9:22 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A former southwest Missouri sheriff has started serving a federal prison sentence nearly a year after pleading guilty to embezzlement and aiding a fraud scheme.
- Daughter sues man who killed her parents in Springfield Updated: Apr-19-16 1:26 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A woman is suing the man who killed her parents in Springfield.
- Former sheriff's deputy pleads guilty in child pornography case Updated: Apr-19-16 1:06 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A former Greene County Sheriff's deputy faces up to 20 years in prison after he admitted to sharing child pornography online.
- Guilty plea in arson that destroyed mosque in Joplin Updated: Apr-18-16 2:04 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - A Joplin man pleaded guilty Monday to setting a fire that destroyed a mosque and twice trying to burn down a Planned Parenthood clinic.
- 3rd suspect arrested in Jefferson City school bus shooting Updated: Apr-14-16 12:06 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Authorities say a third suspect has been arrested in a shooting in which bullets hit a Jefferson City school bus loaded with students.
- Prosecutors challenge probation for man tied to fatal wreck Updated: Apr-12-16 10:57 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Prosecutors are seeking to have the probation rescinded for a man linked to a fatal drunken-driving crash in southwestern Missouri, saying he's failed 11 drug tests.
- FBI offers reward in Missouri theft of Warhol prints Updated: Apr-12-16 10:32 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Federal investigators looking into the theft of artwork - including Andy Warhol prints of Campbell soup cans - at a southwest Missouri museum hope a $25,000 reward stirs up leads.
- Slain officer gets marker at Joplin grave after 84 years Updated: Apr-11-16 4:22 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - A gravestone has been provided for a Springfield police officer who was fatally shot by two suspects in January 1932.
- Iconic Andy Warhol prints stolen from Springfield art museum Updated: Apr-09-16 3:30 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Someone broke into a Missouri art museum this week and stole an unknown number of prints of Andy Warhol's "Campbell's Soup Cans."
- Missouri truck tanker plant to close, affecting 245 workers Updated: Apr-06-16 6:53 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Minnesota-based maker of truck tanker trailers says it is closing its plant in southwest Missouri's Springfield, affecting roughly 245 workers.
- Worker who was killed in Springfield had been moving paint Updated: Apr-04-16 8:58 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Authorities say a worker who fell to his death last month in Springfield had been removing paint from a pallet when it broke.