- Springfield man dies in shooting; suspect arrested Updated: Feb-14-16 2:56 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Springfield police say a 28-year-old man was shot to death and a suspect has been arrested.
- Kendrix's 3 in OT helps Missouri St. beat Indiana St. 89-85 Updated: Feb-13-16 7:22 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Camyn Boone scored 30 points, and Chris Kendrix made a go ahead 3-pointer with a minute left in overtime and Missouri State beat Indiana State 89-85 on Saturday.
- Springfield man charged with Missouri State assault Updated: Feb-12-16 12:28 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield man has been charged with assaulting a woman on the Missouri State University campus and is a suspect in two other sexual assaults.
- Details of fatal accident at Springfield landfill released Updated: Feb-12-16 4:55 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Police say that a Springfield maintenance worker who died after an accident at the city landfill was struck by a semitrailer.
- Missouri school nurse charged with having sex with student Updated: Feb-10-16 8:44 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A school nurse from southwest Missouri is charged with having sex with a 15-year-old student.
- Man charged with fatal shooting in southwest Missouri Updated: Feb-10-16 8:32 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Authorities say a man has been charged with fatally shooting his girlfriend in southwest Missouri.
- Correction: Arson Fire Death story Updated: Feb-08-16 1:41 pm
SEDALIA, Missouri - In a story Feb. 4 about an arson fire in Sedalia, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the Springfield Police Department helped to determine that the fire was intentionally set. It was the Sedalia Police Department, not the Springfield Police Department.
- Homeless told to leave several homeless camps in Springfield Updated: Feb-05-16 11:17 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Advocates for the homeless say Springfield police have told people they have 48 hours to leave homeless camps in the city.
- Former Missouri sheriff to be sentenced for embezzlement Updated: Feb-03-16 9:39 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A former southwest Missouri sheriff is set to be sentenced later this month for embezzlement and promoting a fraudulent investment scheme.
- Kendrix scores 21 as Missouri St. beats Bradley 77-71 Updated: Feb-02-16 10:39 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Chris Kendrix scored a career-high 21 points and Missouri State came up clutch at the free-throw line in the final seconds to hold off Bradley 77-71 on Tuesday night.
- Homeless Springfield woman dies after vehicle strikes her Updated: Feb-02-16 10:41 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A homeless woman who was featured in a documentary has died after a vehicle struck her in Springfield.
- Missouri bill aimed at block censorship of student reporters Updated: Feb-01-16 10:48 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri lawmaker is touting a bill he said will protect the state's student journalists from censorship, written in part as a response to a recent confrontation between a University of Missouri assistant professor and a student videographer during protests on campus.
- Students seek dismissal of Missouri State diversity official Updated: Feb-01-16 6:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A group of Missouri State University students is seeking the dismissal of the school's highest-ranking Hispanic official, alleging he made derogatory comments about black students and created division between different racial groups.
- Police: Springfield woman gave stolen money to jail inmates Updated: Jan-28-16 7:48 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Police say a Springfield woman stole credit card information from customers of a heating and air conditioning company and transferred more than $6,500 to Greene County Jail inmates.
- Man pleads guilty to 2012 murder in Springfield Updated: Jan-28-16 7:11 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A man already in jail in a separate case has pleaded guilty to a 2012 murder during a private party in Springfield.
- Former bank branch manager pleads guilty to embezzlement Updated: Jan-27-16 7:42 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The former branch manager of a south-central Missouri bank has admitted to embezzling about $140,000.
- Judge orders temporary stop to 'nipple law' in Missouri city Updated: Jan-25-16 8:39 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Nipples can be exposed in the southwest Missouri city of Springfield while the American Civil Liberties Union and city leaders seek to resolve a dispute over an indecent exposure ordinance passed after a topless rally.
- Olaniyan leads Southern Illinois over Missouri State 80-65 Updated: Jan-24-16 6:26 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Bola Olaniyan scored a career-high 17 points and Southern Illinois beat Missouri State 80-65 on Sunday.
- Attorneys for Missouri man charged with murder seek evidence Updated: Jan-24-16 1:16 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Attorneys for a southwest Missouri man charged in the death of a 10-year-old girl want copies of evidence they say could help the defendant.
- Springfield restaurant owner sentenced for fraud Updated: Jan-23-16 1:08 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The owner of several southwest Missouri restaurants has been sentenced to about a year in prison for defrauding a bank out of about $5.5 million.
- Missouri mom pleads guilty to killing family with antifreeze Updated: Jan-21-16 2:56 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A southwest Missouri woman has admitted to plotting with a daughter to fatally poison her husband and son with antifreeze and attempt to kill another daughter over a 14-month period.
- Ex-owner of Ziggies restaurants pleads guilty to tax fraud Updated: Jan-21-16 7:50 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The former owner of Ziggies restaurants in Missouri and Kansas has pleaded guilty to failing to pay more than $1.3 million in payroll taxes.
- Missouri districts cancel classes amid winter storm Updated: Jan-20-16 7:15 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Several school districts have canceled classed as a winter storm makes driving conditions slippery across parts of Missouri.
- Drury University drops housing policy, freezes housing costs Updated: Jan-20-16 9:39 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Drury University is dropping a policy it enacted for this school year that required freshmen to live on campus.
- 2 Missouri men plead guilty in cooking oil theft ring Updated: Jan-20-16 7:48 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Two men from Joplin have pleaded guilty to participating in a scheme that sold cooking oil stolen from restaurants in five states.