- Springfield man pleads guilty to robbery, assaulting officer Updated: Jun-03-15 5:26 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield man has pleaded guilty to robbery and assaulting a law enforcement officer.
- Titans agree to terms with receiver Dorial Green-Beckham Updated: Jun-01-15 8:03 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans have agreed to terms on a contract with their second round draft selection, wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham.
- Missouri State wins 19th straight, beats Iowa 3-2 to advance Updated: Jun-01-15 12:08 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Jordan Knutson pitched into the eighth inning, helping Missouri State hold off Iowa 3-2 on Sunday night to advance to the Super Regionals for the first time since reaching the 2003 College World Series.
- Iowa beats Oregon 2-1 in 11 innings to stay alive Updated: May-31-15 7:38 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Daniel Aaron Moriel broke a tie with a two-out single in the top of the 11th after a balk moved the eventual winning run to second base, and Iowa beat Oregon 2-1 on Sunday in an NCAA regional elimination game.
- Springfield mail center to remain open for now Updated: May-31-15 5:04 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The U.S. Postal Service is postponing plans to close a Springfield mail processing center.
- Oregon cruises past Canisius 12-6 in NCAA tourney Updated: May-31-15 2:02 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Scott Heineman hit a two-run double and Shaun Chase a two-run homer in Oregon's four-run first inning, and the Ducks cruised to a 12-6 victory over Canisius in an elimination game Saturday at the Springfield Regional.
- Hall fans 11, Missouri State beats Iowa 5-3 Updated: May-31-15 1:59 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Matt Hall struck out 11 over eight innings and Missouri State advanced to the championship round of the Springfield Regional with a 5-3 win over Iowa on Saturday night.
- Missouri State routs Canisius 14-1 in NCAA regional play Updated: May-30-15 5:11 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Tate Matheny hit a grand slam and two doubles and Jon Harris pitched eight solid innings after allowing a leadoff homer to power Missouri State over Canisius 14-1 on Saturday in the NCAA Springfield Regional.
- Missouri St-Canisus game postponed by rain Updated: May-29-15 7:03 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The NCAA regional opener between Missouri State and Canisus was postponed Friday night because of rain. It will be played Saturday as part of a tripleheader.
- Missouri Patrol: Man had 800 pounds of pot in truck Updated: May-28-15 8:34 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Prosecutors say a man was charged with drug trafficking after he allegedly drove 800 pounds of marijuana through Springfield on his way from California to New York.
- La Russa named Missouri sports legend Updated: May-27-15 9:45 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Former St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony La Russa has been named a Missouri sports legend.
- Family will ask feds to investigate fatal police shooting Updated: May-24-15 11:46 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The family of a man who was shot and killed by a Springfield police officer plans to ask the federal government to investigate the case.
- Murder charge filed in death of Springfield woman Updated: May-22-15 1:55 pm
MARSHFIELD, Missouri - A southwest Missouri man is charged with first-degree murder in the death of a 22-year-old Springfield woman.
- 2 dead in Springfield after standoff Updated: May-21-15 1:29 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Springfield police say they found a man and woman dead inside their home after a standoff that lasted about an hour.
- Southwest Missouri sheriff admits to embezzlement, fraud Updated: May-20-15 7:15 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A former southwest Missouri sheriff pleaded guilty Wednesday in federal court to embezzlement and using his position to promote a fraudulent investment scheme.
- Springfield mail processing center on track to move in July Updated: May-20-15 8:32 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Despite efforts by Missouri's senators, the U.S. Postal Service is scheduled to move its mail processing operations out of Springfield this summer.
- Documents: Woman left baby in car while she broke into house Updated: May-17-15 7:05 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Court documents say a woman left her baby in a car while she broke into her boyfriend's Springfield home and tried to harm him and a woman.
- Man incompetent for trial in Springfield bus station killing Updated: May-15-15 8:01 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A man charged in a shooting death at a Springfield bus station has been found incompetent to stand trial.
- Man dies during chase of motorcycle near Springfield Updated: May-14-15 8:17 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The Missouri State Highway Patrol is investigating an accident that killed a motorcyclist who was fleeing from a sheriff's deputy near Springfield.
- Missouri House roll call on 'right-to-work' legislation Updated: May-13-15 6:40 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The 92-66 roll call vote Wednesday on a measure that would prohibit union contracts with employers that allow the collection of fees from non-members, sometimes called right to work.
- Springfield teacher charged with striking autistic child Updated: May-13-15 1:02 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Prosecutors have charged a longtime teacher at Missouri state schools for the severely disabled with abusing a young autistic student, alleging that she slapped the boy in the head several times.
- Elgin seeks grant to buy police body cameras Updated: May-13-15 4:06 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Elgin police officials are applying for federal grant money to buy body cameras for its officers.
- Civil case plaintiffs weigh in on caps in tort reform Updated: May-12-15 6:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Plaintiffs in medical malpractice and wrongful death lawsuits weighed in Tuesday about the impact of jury award limits as Illinois lawmakers began debating whether to make changes to the state's tort reform law.
- Plan could add 6 new Greek houses at Missouri State Updated: May-11-15 8:38 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A developer has presented an early plan to bring a total of six fraternity and sorority houses near Missouri State University in Springfield.
- Police break up fight between up to 30 people in Springfield Updated: May-08-15 8:41 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A fight involving up to 30 people erupted at a private party and spread into the streets in downtown Springfield before officers were able to disperse the crowd.