- Man gets 8½ to 17 years in 2013 crash that killed brother Updated: Sep-02-15 5:28 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania man has been sentenced to 8½ to 17 years in prison in a 2013 crash that claimed the life of his brother.
- Suspect wanted in slaying of mother of 2 arrested Updated: Sep-02-15 1:14 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a man wanted in the shooting death of a mother of two in central Pennsylvania over the weekend has been arrested.
- Man found fatally shot in central Pennsylvania home Updated: Sep-02-15 8:53 am
YORK, Pennsylvania - Police are searching for a suspect in the death of a man found shot in the hallway of a central Pennsylvania home.
- Judge acquits man earlier convicted by jury in wife's death Updated: Sep-01-15 6:02 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - A judge has acquitted a man earlier convicted by a jury of murder in the death of his wife three years ago.
- Hex Hollow documentary to screen in York this fall Updated: Aug-31-15 1:40 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - Nearly 100 years ago, a York County man who believed his string of bad luck and illnesses was rooted in a hex murdered and then burned the body of the man he suspected was responsible.
- Daughter of slain store owner finds calling through tragedy Updated: Aug-29-15 12:17 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - The final violent act of a domestic abuser Alecia Armold never even met devastated her family. But in picking up the pieces, Armold has found what she suspects is her true calling:
- Man gets prison time in shooting of snowball-throwing teen Updated: Aug-24-15 4:08 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania man who pleaded guilty to aggravated assault in a shooting that injured a teenager who threw snowballs at his car has been sentenced to 11½ to 23 months in prison.
- Church: Pastor charged in prostitution sting placed on leave Updated: Aug-22-15 11:37 am
YORK, Pennsylvania - A Presbyterian church in central Pennsylvania says its pastor has been placed on administrative leave after he was charged with prostitution-related offenses in Maryland.
- Church pastor charged in prostitution sting Updated: Aug-21-15 1:02 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A Presbyterian pastor from York, Pennsylvania, has been charged in a prostitution sting in Frederick County, Maryland.
- Pennsylvania teacher shares a love of learning with babies Updated: Aug-15-15 3:22 am
YORK, Pennsylvania - By 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, two babies squirmed in Chayanee Propst's lap and a few more crawled on the floor around her in the YWCA's "Bumblebee" room.
- Causes, potential consequences of testing opt-out movement Updated: Aug-13-15 6:09 pm
BUFFALO, New York - New York is facing a growing rebellion against Common Core-aligned standardized tests. About 20 percent of the state's third- through eighth-graders refused to take the tests this spring, up from 5 percent a year earlier. As state education officials consider the possibility of sanctions against districts with large numbers of students opting out, they also promise a plan to boost participation.
- Man accused of leading police on chase Updated: Aug-13-15 7:56 am
YORK, Maine - Police say a man who at first threatened to harm himself with a pellet gun led officers on a chase from Maine into New Hampshire and back, until he was stopped by sheriff's deputies.
- Dead Poets Society founder wraps up tour, visits 500th grave Updated: Aug-07-15 6:28 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - A Maine man who travels the nation to document the final resting places of poets has completed a summer tour in which he visited his 500th grave.