- Jaguars sign cornerback Johnson to free-agent contract Updated: Feb-12-16 1:53 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed first-year cornerback Josh Johnson to a free-agent contract, making him part of the team's 90-man offseason roster.
- Investigators: Human remains found at Florida inmate's home Updated: Feb-12-16 6:17 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Investigators have uncovered human remains on the property where an inmate lived in Jacksonville.
- Woman gets life for shooting man she thought to be burglar Updated: Feb-09-16 5:23 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A Jacksonville woman has been sentenced to life in prison for fatally shooting a man she thought had burglarized her home.
- Police: Man fatally stabbed with a broken golf club Updated: Feb-09-16 3:01 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A northeast Florida man was fatally stabbed in the neck with a broken golf club after police say an argument between roommates over bills ended in violence.
- Police arrest 3 in fatal shooting of cabdriver Updated: Feb-08-16 11:28 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Three young men are under arrest in connection with the fatal shooting of a Jacksonville cabdriver after police say they called for the taxi in a planned armed robbery.
- Florida man indicted in ID theft, false tax return scheme Updated: Feb-07-16 3:01 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A north Florida man has been indicted on federal charges associated with identity theft and filing false tax returns that netted $1.3 million.
- Florida Gulf Coast knocks off North Florida 81-65 Updated: Feb-06-16 9:12 pm
FORT MYERS, Florida - Julian DeBose scored 16 points and Florida Gulf Coast knocked off Atlantic Sun leader North Florida 81-65 on Saturday.
- Jacksonville pulls away from Stetson in overtime 96-88 Updated: Feb-06-16 5:57 pm
DELAND, Florida - Kori Babineaux scored 28 points and Jacksonville pulled away from Stetson in overtime 96-88 on Saturday.
- Nelson wants limits on drones around airports Updated: Feb-05-16 2:45 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson is meeting with Florida's airport directors as part of a push to garner support for new technology that could protect airports and other sensitive areas from drones.
- Florida man pleads guilty to manslaughter in toddler's death Updated: Feb-05-16 11:56 am
GAINESVILLE, Florida - The man suspected of being involved in the death of a Florida toddler pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter on Friday, weeks after he led authorities to the child's remains and said the boy drowned in a bathtub while he and the mother had sex.
- Man pleads guilty to young son's October 2014 death Updated: Feb-05-16 6:45 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville State Attorney's Office says a 36-year-old man has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the death of his 4-month old son.
- Union: Raiders, Jaguars far under spending minimum Updated: Feb-04-16 9:28 pm
- State rejects bid for $12M grant to fund stadium upgrades Updated: Feb-03-16 3:01 am
TAMPA, Florida - When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers asked the state in November for $12 million to help pay for improvements to Raymond James Stadium, the team's application was lacking the pizazz of its competition.
- Man charged with attacking flight attendants, passenger Updated: Feb-01-16 9:47 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Authorities say a Virginia man flying from Washington, D.C., to Jacksonville, Florida, had to be restrained after attacking another passenger and two flight attendants.
- Jacksonville hangs on to beat Florida Gulf Coast 83-80 Updated: Feb-01-16 9:40 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - J.R. Holder scored 23 points and Jacksonville hung on to beat Florida Gulf Coast 83-80 on Monday night.
- Legislature asked to consider money for sports teams Updated: Feb-01-16 8:11 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Legislature is being asked to give tens of millions to help sports teams in Jacksonville and Miami and Daytona International Speedway.
- Adeyeye leads Jacksonville over Florida Gulf Coast 78-69 Updated: Jan-27-16 11:09 pm
FORT MYERS, Florida - Josh Adeyeye scored 23 of his career-high 35 points in the second half to lead Jacksonville to a 78-69 win over Florida Gulf Coast on Wednesday night.
- Officials consider New Orleans to Orlando rail service Updated: Jan-27-16 6:42 am
NEW ORLEANS - Amtrak and the Southern Rail Commission are conducting a tour along the Gulf Coast to consider the feasibility of bringing passenger rail back to the Gulf Coast, more than a decade after Hurricane Katrina damaged the tracks.
- Billy the bear helps develop better bear-resistant trashcan Updated: Jan-27-16 3:02 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A black bear named Billy is helping Florida's efforts to reduce the number of human-bear interactions.
- Documents: 9/11 bomb plot suspect had mental illness history Updated: Jan-25-16 6:23 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A Florida man accused of helping an undercover FBI agent posing as a terrorist plan a bombing at a 9/11 commemoration has a long history of mental illness, according to court documents unsealed Monday.
- Former NFL Player arrested on drug charges Updated: Jan-24-16 5:00 pm
SUMTER COUNTY, Florida - Former NLF player Jabar Gaffney is facing drug charges after a traffic stop in central Florida.
- Jaguars promote Wash to DC, give Bradley 1-year extension Updated: Jan-22-16 3:40 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Jacksonville Jaguars coach Gus Bradley took an unusual approach to finding a new defensive coordinator: He brought the front-runner along for every interview.
- Police: no gun found after officer-involved shooting Updated: Jan-22-16 3:11 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Police investigating the officer-involved shooting of a reportedly armed carjacking suspect in Jacksonville say they have not located the suspect's gun.
- SB 39: Patriots edge Eagles for 3rd Super Bowl title Updated: Jan-20-16 9:36 pm
Super Bowl 39
- Mike Smith excited to join Bucs as defensive coordinator Updated: Jan-20-16 7:23 pm