- Retired general hoping to restore trust in Wounded Warrior Updated: May-01-16 3:01 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Retired Maj. Gen. Charles Fletcher's military career brought him to Jacksonville to help manage a global network for moving military equipment to hot spots and bases. He's back now on a new mission with a military angle, but his task is harder to quantify.
- Jaguars continue to revamp defense on NFL draft's final day Updated: Apr-30-16 6:43 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars treated the NFL draft much like they did free agency - with defense being the No. 1 priority.
- Officer arrested over video of him hitting handcuffed woman Updated: Apr-29-16 4:16 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office in Florida has fired and arrested an officer they say hit a woman who was handcuffed.
- Man guilty of fatal shooting during argument Updated: Apr-29-16 3:24 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A Jacksonville man has been convicted of fatally shooting another man during an argument.
- Court reinstates conviction for murder of firefighter Updated: Apr-28-16 5:30 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A Florida appeals court has reinstated a conviction and two life sentences for a man who killed a Jacksonville firefighter.
- NTSB: El Faro's 'black box' to be retrieved on future voyage Updated: Apr-27-16 4:39 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Investigators who found the sunken freighter El Faro's "black box" will not be able to retrieve the recorder on the current trip.
- Suspended officer: Instagram posts 'taken out of context' Updated: Apr-25-16 12:29 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A Florida sheriff's lieutenant who was suspended over online posts that were deemed racist has told internal affairs investigators they were taken out of context.
- Former Jaguar Ernest Wilford transitions from NFL to police Updated: Apr-24-16 3:01 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Ernest Wilford's adrenaline kicks in when he hears his call sign broadcast over the police radio.
- $50,000 reward in case of boy abducted, found 100 miles away Updated: Apr-21-16 5:56 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The state and federal authorities are offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of a man who abducted a 7-year-old boy who was found a day later about 100 miles from home.
- Florida man jumps off bridge to avoid getting hit by car Updated: Apr-20-16 7:01 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Authorities say a Jacksonville man jumped off a bridge to avoid being hit by an out-of-control car.
- Jaguars release veteran safety Sergio Brown Updated: Apr-18-16 5:33 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars have released veteran safety Sergio Brown, parting ways with him a day before players report for the team's voluntary offseason conditioning program.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for April 18 Updated: Apr-18-16 4:55 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- Tiger cub back at Jacksonville Zoo after broken leg Updated: Apr-18-16 8:31 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A Sumatran tiger cub with a broken leg is on the mend and will be back on exhibit at the Jacksonville Zoo.
- Jaguars have little to show for run near top of NFL Draft Updated: Apr-16-16 9:57 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars have been a mainstay near the top of the NFL Draft for nearly a decade. And they have little to show for it.
- Florida man faces fraud charges for taking mom's benefits Updated: Apr-16-16 3:01 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A northeast Florida man faces fraud charges after authorities say he secretly buried his mother in her yard so he could continue to collect her pension funds and Social Security benefits.
- Business cats are ready to go to work Updated: Apr-16-16 3:01 am
GREEN COVE SPRINGS, Florida - The two cats at the Clay County Animal Care and Control animal shelter are among the first in its newly minted Business Cat Program. Believed to be the first of its kind In Northeast Florida, the program initiated by Christina Sutherin, division director for Animal Care and Control, seeks to place shelter cats at pet-friendly businesses temporarily until the felines find forever homes.
- OL Hawkinson retiring from Jaguars Updated: Apr-15-16 4:44 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Offensive lineman Tanner Hawkinson has retired from the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Florida lawmaker faces fraud charges over campaign cash Updated: Apr-15-16 4:43 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A state representative from Jacksonville has been indicted on charges he used more than $65,000 in campaign contributions on personal expenses like liquor, jewelry, flowers and groceries, the U.S. Attorney's Office in Jacksonville announced Friday.
- Florida Supreme Court: Board must pay in public records case Updated: Apr-14-16 5:58 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida government agencies that lose lawsuits filed by people seeking access to public records will have to pay plaintiffs' attorney fees, the state Supreme Court ruled Thursday in a Jacksonville-based case.
- Veteran Northeast Florida congressman stepping down Updated: Apr-13-16 9:44 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. Rep. Ander Crenshaw is leaving Congress after spending nearly 16 years in office.
- CSX 1Q profit fell 19 pct on weak coal demand, slower volume Updated: Apr-12-16 5:41 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - CSX's first-quarter profit fell 19 percent as coal demand continued to weaken and the railroad hauled 5 percent less freight overall.
- 2 ousted executives defend work at Wounded Warrior Project Updated: Apr-10-16 1:05 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Two men ousted from top executive positions at Wounded Warrior Project say their leadership upheld the intent of donors who contributed millions to one of the nation's largest veteran support groups.
- Somer's Garden in Orange Park grows from tragedy Updated: Apr-10-16 3:01 am
ORANGE PARK, Florida - Somer's Garden marks it first anniversary April 23.
- Jaguars cornerback Aaron Colvin suspended 4 games for PEDs Updated: Apr-08-16 4:16 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Aaron Colvin has been suspended for the first four games of the 2016 season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
- Dad, stepmom get lengthy prison sentences in child's death Updated: Apr-08-16 4:53 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A Jacksonville father and stepmother have received lengthy prison sentences in the beating death of his 4-year-old daughter.