- Hearses to roll into Alpena as part of car cruise event Updated: May-21-16 4:04 pm
ALPENA, Michigan - It's not your typical car cruise.
- Completion of Alpena trailhead project expected this summer Updated: May-21-16 11:05 am
ALPENA, Michigan - A northeastern Michigan trail project designed to give snowmobilers, bikers, horseback riders and runners a place to park, rest, use the restroom and keep warm during cold weather is nearing completion.
- Mural displaying Alpena history to be removed, preserved Updated: May-18-16 12:37 pm
ALPENA, Michigan - A mural displaying some of Alpena's history will be removed and preserved before demolition of the former Alpena Power Co. building begins this summer.
- Alpena police investigate apparent attempts to damage trains Updated: May-18-16 7:28 am
ALPENA, Michigan - Police say they're working to find anyone responsible for recent attempts to apparently damage trains passing through Alpena by piling debris on tracks.
- Detroit museum outdoor art effort heads to northern Michigan Updated: May-16-16 9:02 am
DETROIT - A Detroit museum's effort to bring art to unexpected places will feature installations in Alpena and Traverse City as well as on Mackinac Island.
- New exhibit features remotely operated vehicle simulator Updated: May-11-16 9:49 am
ALPENA, Michigan - A new exhibit gives visitors to the Great Lakes Maritime Heritage Center the chance to try out their skills at operating a remotely operated vehicle.
- Woman in Michigan animal neglect case ordered to pay $13,000 Updated: May-11-16 7:24 am
ALPENA, Michigan - A woman who pleaded guilty in an animal neglect case that involved more than 120 animals confiscated from a farm in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula has been ordered to pay $13,000 in restitution.
- Plan set for forest management along Alpena County trail Updated: Apr-30-16 5:17 pm
ALPENA, Michigan - State regulators have reached a decision on forest management along a trail network known as the Chippewa Hills Pathway in Alpena County.
- Boat launch in Alpena County temporarily closing for repairs Updated: Apr-25-16 9:56 am
HILLMAN, Michigan - A public boat launch in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula is temporarily closing for repairs.