- Ukraine's new police on charm offensive in Kiev Updated: Jul-24-15 4:02 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Only a few months ago, Kiev residents would normally avoid the police if they could help it. The officer would be of no use on a complaint - or worse, would demand a bribe.
- Volunteer named governor in eastern Ukraine Updated: Jul-22-15 9:31 am
KIEV, Ukraine - Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Wednesday appointed a well-known volunteer as governor in one of the two war-torn regions in the east in a possible sign of a policy change.
- Hundreds of Ukrainian right-wingers rally against govt Updated: Jul-21-15 3:16 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Hundreds of Ukrainian right-wingers were rallying in Kiev on Tuesday to protest against government policies in the wake of a deadly stand-off between radical nationalists and police in the country's west.
- Russian ex-PM's daughter under fire for leaving for Ukraine Updated: Jul-20-15 8:16 am
MOSCOW - The daughter of a former Russian prime minister has accepted the job of deputy governor in a Ukrainian region, a decision that has sparked criticism in both Russia and Ukraine.
- Dutch, Ukrainians, Australians mark year since MH17 downing Updated: Jul-17-15 11:43 am
NIEUWEGEIN, Netherlands - Her voice cracking with emotion, Asmaa Aljuned delivered a parting message Friday that her late husband never got to tell passengers on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 a year ago.
- Ukraine calls local elections but not in rebel-held east Updated: Jul-17-15 9:26 am
KIEV, Ukraine - The Ukrainian parliament on Friday voted to call local elections across the country in October, but not in the rebel-occupied east.
- Ukraine PM says reforms continue despite 'lunatic' lawmakers Updated: Jul-13-15 7:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Ukraine's prime minister pushed back Monday against a pair of forces threatening to undermine his fragile government, likening members of Ukraine's parliament to "lunatics" while defending a nationalist militia that is locked in a standoff with police.
- Right Sector gunmen take boy hostage in western Ukraine Updated: Jul-13-15 10:25 am
KIEV, Ukraine - Two gunmen from Ukraine's nationalist Right Sector militia on Monday briefly took a 6-year-old boy hostage in western Ukraine as a standoff between the gunmen and police entered its third day.
- Forest fire blazes in Chernobyl off-limits zone Updated: Jun-30-15 6:34 am
KIEV, Ukraine - Fire has engulfed a large section of the exclusion zone around the destroyed Chernobyl plant in Ukraine, Ukrainian authorities said on Tuesday.