- Memories painful on Chernobyl's 30th anniversary Updated: Apr-26-16 2:08 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - As Ukraine and Belarus on Tuesday marked the 30th anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear accident with solemn words and an angry protest, some of the men who were sent to the site in the first chaotic and frightening days were gripped by painful memories.
- Looking back: 30 years of photographing Chernobyl Updated: Apr-21-16 10:18 am
KIEV, Ukraine - Efrem Lukatsky, a Kiev-based photographer for The Associated Press, recalls the confusion and anxiety of the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear power plant explosion, the world's worst nuclear accident.
- Ukraine, Russia reach deal to release pilot, Poroshenko says Updated: Apr-19-16 4:23 pm
MOSCOW - Ukraine and Russia have reached a deal to free a jailed Ukrainian pilot, President Petro Poroshenko said Tuesday, suggesting that she will be swapped for two Russian servicemen imprisoned in Ukraine.
- Ukrainian president's ally is elected as new prime minister Updated: Apr-14-16 4:42 pm
MOSCOW - The speaker of the Ukrainian parliament was elected the country's new prime minister Thursday in a vote that the government hopes will end a months-long political crisis but which reformers say gives Ukraine's oligarchs a free hand in running the country.
- Ukraine recovers 4 stolen Dutch paintings Updated: Apr-14-16 4:31 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Ukrainian officials have announced the recovery of four paintings from a trove of Dutch Golden Age art that was stolen from a Dutch museum more than a decade ago.
- Ukraine awaits new government to fulfill promises of Maidan Updated: Apr-11-16 11:15 am
KIEV, Ukraine - Swept into office by the mass protests that deposed the Russia-friendly president two years ago, Ukraine's new leaders promised that the country would soon be welcomed into Europe as a thriving new democracy.
- Battered EU is loser again in Dutch referendum on Ukraine Updated: Apr-07-16 3:38 pm
BRUSSELS - It once seemed a quaint formality, but the Netherlands' referendum on a European Union free-trade deal with Ukraine amounted to a slap in the face for the EU - and yet another serious challenge to the European dream.