- Ukraine vows to increase troops to fend off rebel attacks Updated: Aug-24-15 2:02 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Ukraine's president vowed to increase troop numbers to fend off attacks by Russia-backed separatist rebels and warned his countrymen that there is still the threat of a "large-scale invasion," in an impassioned speech to mark Independence Day on Monday.
- Remains of WWII German soldiers found in Kiev Updated: Aug-20-15 11:22 am
MOSCOW - A Ukrainian newspaper says Ukrainian and German servicemen have found remains of about 200 German soldiers buried in Kiev during the German occupation in World War II.
- Moscow urges Europe to get Ukraine to comply with truce Updated: Aug-19-15 1:43 pm
MOSCOW - Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov pushed Wednesday for European powers to get Ukraine to comply with a truce in eastern Ukraine.
- Ukraine argues for US weapons during Pelosi's visit to Kiev Updated: Aug-05-15 12:14 pm
MOSCOW - Ukrainian security officials have renewed their request for U.S. weapons while meeting with a visiting congressional delegation headed by House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi.
- Ukraine calls on Russia to negotiate end to war in east Updated: Aug-01-15 1:11 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Ukraine's foreign minister is calling on Russia to come to "real negotiations" about a cease-fire and stabilization in Ukraine's war-torn east which will require fair elections that are internationally monitored.