- Cleared to run in FIFA election, sheikh slams 'dirty tricks' Updated: Nov-14-15 6:17 am
MANAMA, Bahrain - The Bahraini sheikh running for FIFA president hit back at human rights groups who have accused him of helping authorities arrest footballers for protesting against the country's ruling monarchy, calling the allegations "dirty tricks and dirty lies."
- US pledges nearly $100 million to support Syrian opposition Updated: Oct-31-15 1:45 pm
MANAMA, Bahrain - The United States ramped up its support for Syria's opposition with a pledge of nearly $100 million in fresh aid on Saturday. Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia's top diplomat described the timing of the departure of Syrian President Bashar Assad and the withdrawal of foreign fighters as top sticking points to finding a lasting resolution to the civil war in Syria.
- Saudi official defends deficit spending as manageable Updated: Oct-31-15 6:39 am
MANAMA, Bahrain - Saudi Arabia's top diplomat says the kingdom can manage its deficits despite a steep drop in oil prices, a day after a leading rating agency cut the country's credit rating.
- Saudi FM: Assad's future among sticking points on Syria deal Updated: Oct-31-15 6:30 am
MANAMA, Bahrain - Saudi Arabia's top diplomat says the timing of the departure of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and the withdrawal of foreign fighters remain the main sticking points to finding a lasting resolution to the war in Syria.
- AP Interview: UN's Clark hopes migrants lead to Syria focus Updated: Oct-30-15 12:21 pm
MANAMA, Bahrain - The United Nations development chief says she hopes the migrant crisis confronting Europe is refocusing attention on the plight of refugees fleeing the fighting in Syria as she urged donor nations to give more generously to meet relief needs.