- Yakama Nation students find success with prosthetics Updated: May-29-16 10:51 am
YAKIMA, Washington - In a building just outside the main Yakama Nation Tribal School, its MESA prosthetics team has turned a classroom into a workshop.
- Correction: Clerk Computer Probe story Updated: May-27-16 12:02 pm
YAKIMA, Washington - In a story May 13 about the Yakima County computer system, The Associated Press reported erroneously the details of a state inquiry. The state Administrative Office of the Courts was asked by Yakima County Superior Court Judge David Elofson to review whether anyone from the Yakima County Clerks' Office attempted to access court data on March 19, 2016. No specific individuals were named in Elofson's request.
- Lawsuit alleges Yakima employee was fired for old age Updated: May-26-16 2:19 am
YAKIMA, Washington - A 64-year-old man has filed a $1 million lawsuit alleging he was fired by the city of Yakima because of his age and related salary incentives.
- Yakima weighing proposal for temporary homeless encampment Updated: May-25-16 12:41 pm
YAKIMA, Washington - The Yakima City Council is considering a proposal to create a temporary homeless encampment on city property in northeast Yakima.
- Fire rips through Yakima duplex, displaces 15 people Updated: May-25-16 11:27 am
YAKIMA, Washington - Fire officials say an early morning blaze that tore through a duplex in Yakima destroyed one apartment and damaged three others.
- Grandview teacher facing charges resigns Updated: May-25-16 3:50 am
YAKIMA, Washington - A Washington state physical education teacher has resigned following allegations that he texted teenage students nude photos of himself.
- The Latest: Attorney says he didn't access private files Updated: May-13-16 10:44 pm
YAKIMA, Washington - The Latest on state investigators looking into the access of Yakima County computers by County Clerk Janelle Riddle's private attorney (all times local):
- Frantic father killed in crash while looking for child Updated: May-12-16 3:40 pm
TIETON, Washington - Washington State Patrol troopers say a Tieton man was killed in a car crash while he frantically looked for his 11-year-old child, whom he thought to be missing.
- Yakima fight with ACLU in voting rights case cost city $3M Updated: May-12-16 2:35 am
YAKIMA, Washington - Yakima's legal battle with the American Civil Liberties Union over voting rights has cost the city more than $3 million.
- Inmate at Yakima jail found dead with upper body trauma Updated: May-11-16 11:51 pm
YAKIMA, Washington - Authorities say an inmate at the Yakima County jail was found dead with significant trauma to his upper body.
- Labor contractor must pay $7.6M for mistreating farmworkers Updated: May-02-16 1:38 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A federal judge has ordered a farm labor contractor to pay $7.6 million in damages for a pattern of subjecting Thai farmworkers in the state of Washington to a hostile work environment, harassment and discrimination.
- Hops production rises to meet craft brewer needs Updated: May-02-16 11:25 am
YAKIMA, Washington - A new report says production of hops is up this year, putting the Washington-centered industry in a better position to respond to continuing growth of the craft beer industry.