- North Dakota motorists enjoying lower gasoline prices Updated: Nov-30-15 12:30 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Motorists in Bismarck are paying the lowest average for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline in more than six years.
- New program aims to boost students' AP participation, scores Updated: Nov-29-15 11:10 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A new program coming to the Bismarck and Mandan schools districts will attempt to increase the number of students who take Advanced Placement classes and their scores.
- North Dakota historic sites to host several holiday events Updated: Nov-29-15 9:50 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Several historic sites across North Dakota will be hosting holiday events over the next two weeks.
- Campers can't be parked on Bismarck residential streets Updated: Nov-29-15 9:24 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Police in Bismarck are reminding residents that campers and trailers can't be parked on residential streets starting Tuesday.
- Bismarck residents hit the gym to take off holiday pounds Updated: Nov-29-15 2:05 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Gym owners in Bismarck and Mandan say lots of people are working out to try to burn off calories from Thanksgiving feasts.
- Bismarck to host international Para-Olympic swim meet Updated: Nov-28-15 12:41 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - More than 200 Para-Olympic athletes from 10 countries will be headed to Bismarck next month for a swim meet.
- Economy, oil slowdown might dampen Dakotas holiday sales Updated: Nov-27-15 12:39 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Holiday shoppers in the Dakotas this season are expected to spend more than they did last year, though a slumping oil economy in North Dakota has retailers there nervous.
- Latest Outdoor Heritage Fund applications total $9.5 million Updated: Nov-27-15 12:04 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The advisory board for a fund aimed at conservation and recreation projects in North Dakota is set to consider the first grant requests of the current two-year budget cycle.
- Correction: Cultivating Co-Ops story Updated: Nov-27-15 11:22 am
FARGO, North Dakota - In a story Nov. 25 about food co-ops, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the minimum investment for shares in the Prairie Roots Food Cooperative in Fargo is $1,000. A member share costs $300.
- North Dakota shoppers head to stores on chilly Black Friday Updated: Nov-27-15 10:57 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - It's a chilly start to the holiday shopping season in North Dakota.
- Hotel, restaurant deal in works for Bismarck development Updated: Nov-25-15 12:11 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Developers of a multimillion-dollar housing and retail complex in downtown Bismarck say they're brokering a deal with a hotel chain and restaurant.
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Nov-25-15 10:47 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The Daily News, Wahpeton, Nov. 23, 2015
- Gov. Dalrymple appoints new administrative law judge Updated: Nov-25-15 2:05 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Gov. Jack Dalrymple has appointed Timothy Dawson as director of North Dakota's Office of Administrative Hearings.
- Federal judge sentences man in Jamaican lottery scam Updated: Nov-24-15 7:30 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A federal judge in North Dakota sentenced a Jamaican man to 20 years in prison on Tuesday for a lottery scam that authorities say cost victims around the country millions of dollars.
- New Catholic high school to be built on 48 acres in Bismarck Updated: Nov-24-15 6:49 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A new Catholic high school will be built on a 48-acre plot in Bismarck thanks to a land donation.
- Stenehjem kicks off campaign for North Dakota governor Updated: Nov-24-15 1:53 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Republican North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem kicked off his campaign for governor Tuesday while Democrat and former state Agriculture Commissioner Sarah Vogel began laying the groundwork for a potential bid.
- Cybersecurity Task Force meeting at North Dakota Capitol Updated: Nov-23-15 2:02 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A task force appointed by Gov. Jack Dalrymple to address the potential impact of cyber threats on state government is meeting in Bismarck.
- Mandan dispatchers opt not to apply to Bismarck call center Updated: Nov-22-15 2:54 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A dozen emergency dispatchers who will lose their jobs when the Mandan dispatch center closes haven't shown interest in working across the river at a combined call center in Bismarck.
- ND Historical Society awards over $198K to heritage projects Updated: Nov-22-15 11:59 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The State Historical Society of North Dakota has awarded over $198,000 to 20 organizations and homeowners for projects meant to preserve the state's heritage.
- MDU Resources Group delays plan for diesel refinery in Minot Updated: Nov-20-15 11:33 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Developers of a recently completed diesel refinery near Dickinson are delaying plans for a second factory in the Minot area due to low fuel prices and a slowdown in drilling activity in the state's oil patch.
- Dickinson man accused of manufacturing several machine guns Updated: Nov-20-15 6:01 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A western North Dakota man is accused of illegally manufacturing several machine guns.
- Bismarck woman accused of striking girl with beer bottle Updated: Nov-20-15 2:29 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A Bismarck mother is facing a felony child abuse charge after allegedly striking a 2-year-old girl in the head with a beer bottle.
- Strong wind, freezing rain, snow hamper North Dakota drivers Updated: Nov-19-15 3:55 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Freezing rain and snow passing accompanied by strong winds shut down some North Dakota highways, put school buses in the ditch and led to a triple-fatal crash.
- 3 North Dakota men killed in rollover accident near Wilton Updated: Nov-19-15 2:30 pm
WILTON, North Dakota - Authorities have identified three men killed when a sport utility vehicle rolled over on an icy U.S. Highway 83 near Wilton.
- Patrol IDs 2 Underwood residents killed in US 83 crash Updated: Nov-19-15 11:06 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The Highway Patrol has identified two Underwood residents who died in a head-on collision on U.S. Highway 83 near Bismarck.