- North Dakota man inspires preservation of home movies Updated: Sep-01-15 1:17 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - An unexpected type of film set a new course of activity in Kirsten Larvick's life after she inherited several 8 mm home movies filmed by her grandfather, Al Larvick, a North Dakota native.
- Task force to address impacts of traffic growth in Bismarck Updated: Sep-01-15 10:53 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Bismarck Mayor Mike Seminary plans to create a transportation task force to address the impacts of growth, increased traffic and traffic congestion.
- Teacher shortage in North Dakota also hits private schools Updated: Sep-01-15 9:08 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Officials at private schools in North Dakota say they're grappling with the same teacher shortage problems that public schools are facing.
- Man pleads guilty to lower charge in prostitution case Updated: Aug-31-15 4:47 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A Nevada man arrested during an anti-human trafficking investigation in North Dakota has pleaded guilty to a lower charge.
- North Dakota regulators mull utility's gas rate increase Updated: Aug-31-15 1:11 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Montana-Dakota Utilities Co. wants a $2.6 million increase in its natural gas rates to help cover the cost of its increased investment in natural gas facilities in North Dakota.
- Bismarck, Mandan both delay building new fire stations Updated: Aug-31-15 9:46 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Budget issues are delaying the construction of new fire stations in Bismarck and Mandan, although fire officials say growth in the neighboring cities will dictate their development in the near future.
- Warrant issued for man suspected of robbing Bismarck hotel Updated: Aug-29-15 11:08 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A warrant has been issued for a Grand Forks man believed to be involved in a recent robbery at a hotel in Bismarck.
- Man accused of multiple thefts pleads guilty to 18 counts Updated: Aug-29-15 10:34 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A Mandan man accused of stealing items across three counties has pleaded guilty to 18 of the 38 counts against him.
- Behavioral health experts to gather in Bismarck Updated: Aug-28-15 4:32 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - National and regional experts on behavioral health are gathering in Bismarck next week.
- Inmate missing more than 2 months arrested in Williston Updated: Aug-28-15 7:25 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - An inmate who went missing from a minimum-security prison in Bismarck more than two months ago has been arrested in Williston.
- Prosecutors: Lottery scam leader deserves severe sentence Updated: Aug-27-15 6:11 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - U.S. prosecutors say the sentence for a man convicted in North Dakota of leading a Jamaican lottery scam should reflect the "severe mental anguish" he caused his victims.
- Film about town versus white supremacist showing in state Updated: Aug-27-15 10:43 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - An award-winning documentary about a small North Dakota town's struggle to block a white supremacist from establishing an Aryan enclave on their doorsteps will be shown in theaters in the state next month.
- $56 million Legacy High School in Bismarck launches classes Updated: Aug-27-15 8:46 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's newest high school is open for business.
- Bismarck man, woman face child neglect and drug charges Updated: Aug-25-15 11:10 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A Bismarck man and woman are accused of keeping a home in a condition unfit for a 16-year-old girl living there.
- Public hearing set on MDU natural gas rate request Updated: Aug-25-15 2:28 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota regulators have scheduled a public hearing on a proposal by Montana-Dakota Utilities Co. to raise natural gas rates.
- Ex-well operator in North Dakota indicted in dumping case Updated: Aug-24-15 7:11 pm
The former operator of a saltwater well in southwest North Dakota linked to an illegal wastewater dumping case pleaded not guilty to multiple felony charges Monday in federal court in Bismarck.
- 14-person committee named to search for next UND president Updated: Aug-24-15 12:23 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota University System has finalized a committee to search for the next president of the University of North Dakota.
- $6.5 million housing complex planned for downtown Bismarck Updated: Aug-24-15 8:11 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A planned $6.5 million apartment complex aims to help alleviate a housing shortage in downtown Bismarck.
- 4 displaced after Bismarck rental house fire Updated: Aug-22-15 4:07 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Four residents have been displaced from their rental house after an early morning fire in Bismarck.
- 3 big Bismarck businesses team up with YMCA for child care Updated: Aug-21-15 8:20 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Three big Bismarck-based businesses have come up with a unique way to address a child care crunch in the region - partner with the YMCA on a new facility.
- No new West Nile cases reported in North Dakota Updated: Aug-20-15 5:22 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The North Dakota Department of Health says there have been no new confirmed human cases of West Nile virus during the first week of August.
- University of Mary men's soccer team spending time in Haiti Updated: Aug-20-15 10:42 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The University of Mary men's soccer team is spending some time in the Caribbean.
- Gov. appoints Bismarck attorney to district judgeship Updated: Aug-19-15 12:17 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple has appointed Bismarck attorney and judicial referee John Grinsteiner to a newly created judgeship in the South Central Judicial District Court.
- US Sen. Heitkamp recovering from hip replacement surgery Updated: Aug-19-15 2:07 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - U.S. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp is recovering from hip replacement surgery.
- ND lawmaker wants modernization of state's death probes Updated: Aug-18-15 6:11 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota should modernize its death investigation system and refrain from relying on non-medical personnel to act as coroners in counties across the state, a lawmaker said Tuesday.