- Florida court reverses itself on slots Updated: Oct-02-15 5:17 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A far-reaching court ruling that could have opened the door to slot machines at dog and horse tracks across Florida has been reversed.
- Judge refuses to stop Florida black bear hunt Updated: Oct-01-15 8:10 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's first black bear hunt in 21 years will be allowed to go forward after a judge ruled Thursday that a state wildlife agency was within its right to schedule the week-long hunt and carefully considered its impact on the bear population.
- 56 new troopers graduate from the academy Updated: Oct-01-15 7:55 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - There are 56 new troopers ready to hit the road for the Florida Highway Patrol.
- Florida Lotto ticket worth $15 million about to expire Updated: Sep-29-15 4:05 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - An unclaimed Florida Lotto ticket worth $15 million is about to expire.
- Judge to decide fate of Florida's political landscape Updated: Sep-28-15 7:45 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A three-day trial that could decide the fate of Florida's political landscape ended Monday as lawyers for both sides accused each other of recommending changes to the state's 27 congressional districts that could benefit either Republicans or Democrats.
- Former judge who sold religious books has license suspended Updated: Sep-25-15 5:59 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Supreme Court is suspending the law license of a former Leon County judge for nine months.
- Audit details 'dangerous' understaffing at Florida prisons Updated: Sep-23-15 3:03 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - An independent audit commissioned by the Florida Department of Corrections has concluded that Florida's prisons are so "chronically understaffed" that an emergency should be declared to keep corrections officers and inmates safe.
- Hazing prevention tour brings FAMU grad back to campus Updated: Sep-19-15 12:57 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - One of the first people sentenced under Florida's tougher 2005 hazing law is embarking on a speaking tour to address college students during National Hazing Prevention Week.
- Correction: GOP 2016-Trump vs Bush story Updated: Sep-18-15 10:44 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - In a story sent Sept. 17 about a debate exchange on casino gambling between Republican presidential candidates Donald Trump and Jeb Bush, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of Trump's spokeswoman. Her name is Hope Hicks, not Holly Hicks.
- Florida bill to repeal ban on shacking up takes first step Updated: Sep-16-15 4:31 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - For the first time since Reconstruction, shacking up together could become legal again in Florida.
- Bill to allow guns on university campuses moves forward Updated: Sep-16-15 4:04 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Republican lawmakers fighting to give licensed gun owners the right to carry on state universities earned their first two victories Wednesday as House and Senate committees approved bills that would allow permitted students to take their guns to class.
- Conservation group seeks injunction to block bear hunt Updated: Sep-16-15 3:31 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Seminole County conservation group suing to stop Florida's bear hunt has asked a judge for an emergency hearing, saying the hunt could undo decades of conservation work if hunters surpass the state's quota.
- Cook emerges as go-to running back for No. 9 Florida State Updated: Sep-15-15 5:22 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - In five weeks, Dalvin Cook has gone from a question mark on Florida State's roster to students chanting his name for the Heisman.
- Gambling or fun? Lawmakers may make call on fantasy sports Updated: Sep-15-15 11:55 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - As the NFL season kicks off, another big contest may be soon be played in the halls of the Florida Capitol.
- Man killed protecting girlfriend from armed ex-husband Updated: Sep-14-15 11:37 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A man was fatally shot while trying to break up a fight between his girlfriend and her armed ex-husband, police said.
- Golson debuts at QB for No. 10 Florida State vs. Texas State Updated: Sep-04-15 3:29 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The last time Everett Golson played at Doak Campbell Stadium he nearly led Notre Dame to an upset of then top-ranked Florida State. Nearly 11 months later, Golson returns as the Seminoles' starting quarterback as 10th-ranked Florida State opens against Texas State.