- Stone knife shows evidence of first Americans Updated: May-21-16 4:00 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Archaeologists say they've uncovered a stone knife in a sinkhole near Tallahassee that dates back 14,550 years.
- Insurers tell Florida: Don't make us look for beneficiaries Updated: May-17-16 6:30 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Four companies that sell life insurance in Florida are trying to get a judge to block a new law that requires them to annually check to see if policy holders have died and then try to find beneficiaries when they have.
- Early snowbirds? Florida sinkhole yields ancient artifacts Updated: May-13-16 2:06 pm
NEW YORK - Scientists say a stone knife and other artifacts found deep underwater in a Florida sinkhole show people lived in that area some 14,500 years ago.
- Alabama troopers say crash near Dothan kills Florida woman Updated: May-11-16 2:20 pm
DOTHAN, Alabama - Authorities say a Florida woman is dead following a single-vehicle crash on a highway near Dothan.
- Florida Supreme Court considers overturning death sentences Updated: May-05-16 2:06 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's Supreme Court wrestled with whether an inmate sentenced to death under a system found to be unconstitutional should have his punishment reduced to life in prison, and the lives of nearly 400 other condemned prisoners may depend on the decision.
- Episcopal priest who helped church through split to leave Updated: Apr-30-16 2:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Rev. Jerry Smith, who helped St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church heal after a congregational split about a dozen years ago, is leaving the parish for a new post in Florida.
- School project's graffiti sparks fears Zodiac Killer is back Updated: Apr-27-16 11:18 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Florida State University class project about drug cartels and serial killers took a turn when students scrawled a message on a sidewalk associated with the infamous Zodiac Killer.
- US Rep. Brown from Florida makes last stand for her district Updated: Apr-26-16 6:00 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown is making a last stand in her effort to keep her congressional district from changing.
- Florida school grieves after teacher, 2 children die in fire Updated: Apr-24-16 5:01 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Tallahassee elementary school teacher and her two children that attended the same school died in an early morning fire.