- Florida Gov. to settle lawsuits over property near mansion Updated: Jul-29-15 5:12 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Gov. Rick Scott and members of the Cabinet are going to settle a bitter land dispute that has sparked acrimony and a handful of different lawsuits.
- Florida congressional delegation will see upheaval in 2016 Updated: Jul-28-15 5:22 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Republican Sen. Marco Rubio's presidential ambitions and a court ruling tossing out several congressional district maps will cause upheaval among Florida's representation in Washington, including political complications for a congresswoman considered one of the state's few Democratic stars.
- Program allows Wakulla inmates to perform in musical choir Updated: Jul-26-15 9:49 am
CRAWFORDVILLE, Florida - Inmates stomped their feet and clapped along to Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues" recently at Wakulla Correctional Institution, with raucous whooping and hollering. The music, however, wasn't coming from a six-string wielding rock star with a southern growl but rather the elegantly-harmonized voices of inmates.
- National Guard Armory evacuated in Florida after bomb report Updated: Jul-21-15 4:46 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The National Guard Armory in Florida's capital was evacuated Tuesday after a call to police reporting that a man said he had planted a bomb there.
- Woman dies after tree crushes mobile home Updated: Jul-20-15 4:26 pm
CRAWFORDVILLE, Florida - Authorities say a Florida Panhandle woman is dead after a tree crashed into her mobile home.
- Police release new details in law prof's death investigation Updated: Jul-17-15 9:40 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Police have released new information about a car seen leaving the Tallahassee neighborhood where a Florida State University law professor was found fatally shot in his garage.
- Police: Man high on drugs flees ambulance, shot by homeowner Updated: Jul-15-15 3:13 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A 27-year-old man was shot and killed by a Florida homeowner after running into a police station and complaining about taking bad drugs, then jumping from an ambulance and trying to break into homes, according to police.
- Florida State president warns football team about misconduct Updated: Jul-13-15 6:29 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida State's president has told the football team that members must start conducting themselves appropriately after two players were charged with punching women.
- Judge denies Bucs QB Winston's request to move civil suit Updated: Jul-10-15 2:23 am
ORLANDO, Florida - A federal judge in Orlando has ruled there won't be a change of venue in the civil lawsuit filed against Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston by the woman who accused him of sexual assault.
- Central Florida murder suspect found dead in Tallahassee Updated: Jul-08-15 6:08 am
ORMOND BEACH, Florida - A 22-year-old central Florida man wanted on a first-degree murder charge has been found dead in Tallahassee.
- Florida veterans ceremony site of small Confederate protest Updated: Jul-07-15 8:01 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A ceremony to induct five men into Florida's Veterans Hall of Fame found itself briefly caught up in small protest over a recent decision not to include three others who fought for the Confederacy.
- Police remove unauthorized Confederate flag flown in Florida Updated: Jul-04-15 9:10 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Authorities say they've taken down a Confederate flag someone raised unauthorized on a pole outside Tallahassee City Hall.
- Fire marshal: Florida church fire was accidental, not arson Updated: Jul-03-15 3:12 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - State investigators say a fire that destroyed a predominantly black church in Florida's capital was accidental and not the work of an arsonist.