- No sign of PFOA in private wells near Essex, Winooski sites Updated: May-06-16 3:27 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont officials say preliminary testing results show no evidence of the chemical perflurooctanoic acid in wells near two former wire-coating facilities in Essex and Winooski.
- AG: Vermont housing nonprofit fined for false lead reports Updated: May-04-16 12:53 pm
BENNINGTON, Vermont - Authorities say a Vermont housing corporation has been fined by the state for submitting false lead paint reports.
- Shumlin: Pittsford Fire Academy free of PFOA pollution Updated: Apr-24-16 1:08 pm
PITTSFORD, Vermont - In what is good news for the Vermont Fire Academy in Pittsford, state tests for a toxic chemical in water sources on and around the site have come up with no detectible levels.
- Environmental group: Suspected carcinogen tip of the iceberg Updated: Apr-18-16 4:01 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - An environmental conservation group says the potentially cancer-causing chemical PFOA found in Vermont's groundwater might be just the tip of the iceberg.
- New Hampshire suspects chemical emissions tainted wells Updated: Apr-13-16 6:47 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire says emissions of a chemical used to make Teflon coatings may be the source behind the contamination of more than 40 wells in several towns.