- Gunman in fatal shooting at North Dakota Wal-Mart was drunk Updated: Jun-03-15 10:44 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Preliminary autopsy results indicate that a U.S. airman was drunk when he opened fire in a Grand Forks Wal-Mart store, killing one worker and injuring a second employee before killing himself.
- Wal-Mart shooting victim released from ND hospital Updated: Jun-02-15 11:42 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Authorities are still seeking a motive a week after a U.S. airman walked into a Grand Forks Wal-Mart and opened fire, killing one worker and injuring a second before turning the handgun on himself.
- Court: Man ousted by curling club can take case to overtime Updated: Jun-01-15 5:46 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A man who is protesting his dismissal from North Dakota curling club has won the right to take his case into overtime.
- Grand Forks man charged with attempted murder in shooting Updated: May-29-15 5:03 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A Grand Forks man has been charged with attempted murder after a shooting in an apartment.
- Suspects sought in reported Grand Forks home invasion Updated: May-29-15 7:37 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Police in Grand Forks are looking for three suspects in a reported armed home invasion.
- Former UND standout Buck signs with pro team in Germany Updated: May-29-15 7:33 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Former University of North Dakota women's basketball standout Madi Buck has signed a professional contract with a team in Germany.
- UND defenseman Jordan Schmaltz signs with St. Louis Blues Updated: May-29-15 7:11 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - University of North Dakota hockey defenseman Jordan Schmaltz is skipping his senior season to turn pro.
- Police aren't confident about finding motive for ND shooting Updated: May-28-15 7:28 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Finding a motive for a deadly shooting at a Wal-Mart store in northeastern North Dakota will be difficult, even though investigators expect to get more details from witnesses, a police spokesman said Thursday.
- Former North Dakota standout Tillman signs with CFL team Updated: May-28-15 8:38 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - University of North Dakota standout cornerback and punt returner Alex Tillman has signed a professional contract with the British Columbia Lions of the Canadian Football League.
- Latest on Wal-Mart shooting: Victims were near self-checkout Updated: May-27-15 3:08 pm
- Grand Forks mayor undergoes triple-bypass heart surgery Updated: May-27-15 12:20 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Grand Forks Mayor Michael Brown says he'll continue his mayoral duties as he recovers from open-heart surgery, though he's taken a leave of absence from his duties as a doctor with Altru Health.
- Man in custody after weekend standoff at Grand Forks hotel Updated: May-25-15 11:40 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A weekend standoff in Grand Forks prompted the evacuation of guests at a hotel.
- ND man accused of stealing packages gets 65 days in jail Updated: May-24-15 9:58 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A North Dakota man will spend 65 days in jail after admitting that he stole a number of packages from outside homes that had previously been delivered by a mail carrier.
- UND committee trims potential nickname possibilities to 63 Updated: May-19-15 3:32 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A University of North Dakota committee has narrowed the list of potential nicknames for the school to 63.
- UND men's hockey nonconference foes include Wisconsin, Maine Updated: May-19-15 11:39 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota men's hockey team next season will face nonconference opponents from the Big 10, Hockey East and the WCHA.
- Man flees traffic crash, crashes into Grand Forks home Updated: May-18-15 8:49 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Formal charges are pending against a Grand Forks man who authorities say crashed his pickup truck into a home after fleeing from a traffic crash.
- 8 lawyers apply for judgeship in Northeast Central District Updated: May-17-15 5:49 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Eight North Dakota lawyers have applied to fill the vacancy created by the retirement of Northeast Central District Judge Lawrence Jahnke.
- Federal jury finds ND man guilty in meth conspiracy trial Updated: May-13-15 6:53 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A North Dakota man is facing a minimum of seven years in prison after a federal jury found him guilty in a methamphetamine conspiracy trial.
- Official: No threat found at locked down North Dakota base Updated: May-11-15 9:41 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - No threat has been found at a U.S. Air Force base in North Dakota that was locked down for two hours while base officials investigated a domestic violence report from local police.
- Red Cross volunteers go door to door teaching fire safety Updated: May-10-15 12:16 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Volunteers with the Red Cross have gone door to door in Grand Forks as part of an effort to increase awareness on fire safety among some homeowners.
- North Dakota student prepares for National Geographic Bee Updated: May-09-15 3:52 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A North Dakota middle school student has been averaging about 20 hours a week studying for a national competition that will test his geography skills.
- UND selected to participate in unmanned aircraft research Updated: May-08-15 5:11 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota is among 13 university teams selected to participate in the Federal Aviation Administration's research project on unmanned aerials systems.
- Prosecutors: Oregon man admitted to large fentanyl operation Updated: May-08-15 2:14 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - An Oregon man accused of supplying a powerful synthetic drug that led to at least two fatal overdoses in North Dakota boasted to investigators about the scope of his operation, a federal prosecutor said Friday.
- UND law and medical schools holding graduation ceremonies Updated: May-08-15 2:28 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Fifty-five medical students and 59 law students are eligible to graduate from the University of North Dakota.
- Goalie Zane McIntyre named MVP of UND men's hockey team Updated: May-07-15 10:08 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Junior goaltender Zane McIntyre has been named most valuable player of the University of North Dakota hockey team that fell just short of a national title.