- Standoff in Grand Forks ends peacefully; suspect in custody Updated: Feb-13-16 4:37 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A standoff in Grand Forks ended peacefully Friday night after several hours, authorities said.
- Infrastructure loans approved for 4 North Dakota communities Updated: Feb-13-16 2:30 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - State officials say more than $34 million in low interest loans have has been approved for road and water infrastructure projects in Wahpeton, West Fargo, Grand Forks and Beach.
- Governor, others react to Fargo police officer's death Updated: Feb-12-16 6:40 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Officials around North Dakota are expressing grief and condolences in the wake of an incident in Fargo that left a police officer dead.
- Study: North Dakota airports boost economy by $1.5B annually Updated: Feb-09-16 12:38 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A study has concluded that airports in North Dakota contribute more than $1.5 billion to the state's economy annually.
- Mary names former coach Dale Lennon public affairs director Updated: Feb-09-16 10:53 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The University of Mary has hired former Marauders and University of North Dakota head football coach Dale Lennon as its public affairs director.
- Former UND chief head to plead guilty in child pornography case Updated: Feb-08-16 3:27 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A former University of North Dakota medical department chairman says he will plead guilty to child pornography charges.
- Travel alert issued for northeast, southeast North Dakota Updated: Feb-07-16 8:43 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Strong winds, reduced visibility and icy roads are expected to make driving hazardous eastern North Dakota.
- North Dakota Democrats working to rebuild downtrodden party Updated: Feb-07-16 11:57 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Jed Hanson grew up in a conservative household in a conservative town in a conservative state, but didn't feel much of a connection to the Republican Party that has dominated North Dakota's political scene for decades.
- North Dakota drops Weber State 78-71 Updated: Feb-06-16 5:58 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Geno Crandall had 21 points on Saturday with a one-handed, tomahawk dunk in the final seconds to round off North Dakota's 78-71 victory over Weber State.
- Big game from Hooker, McDermott in UND's win over Idaho St. Updated: Feb-04-16 11:05 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Quinton Hooker turned in a triple-double, Adam McDermott had career highs of eight 3-pointers and 28 points, and North Dakota snapped Idaho State's four-game win streak with a 76-60 victory on Thursday night.
- Group recommends New York company to design new UND logo Updated: Feb-03-16 8:48 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A University of North Dakota committee is recommending that a New York-based company design the logo for the school's new Fighting Hawks nickname.
- Former Miss Basketball transferring from NDSU to UND Updated: Feb-03-16 8:29 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A former North Dakota Miss Basketball is transferring from North Dakota State University to the University of North Dakota.
- Grand Forks man gets 20 years for role in fentanyl overdoses Updated: Feb-01-16 5:23 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A 20-year-old Grand Forks man who pleaded guilty to a role in a case involving numerous overdoses centered on the powerful synthetic drug powdered fentanyl has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Grand Forks man sentenced to 12 years in synthetic drug case Updated: Jan-26-16 7:14 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A Grand Forks man accused of dealing a synthetic drug was sentenced Tuesday to 12 years in prison and told to help pay back the families of two victims who died from overdoses of powdered fentanyl.
- N. Dakota beats Colorado College 5-1 Updated: Jan-23-16 10:51 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - For the second straight night, North Dakota took a four-goal lead on Colorado College in a National Collegiate Hockey Conference game. This time, there was no comeback.
- Man accused of setting fire to Somali cafe pleads not guilty Updated: Jan-23-16 9:07 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A Minnesota man accused of starting a fire that heavily damaged a Somali restaurant in Grand Forks had pleaded not guilty in federal court.
- 2 arrested for allegedly stealing ATM from UND campus hotel Updated: Jan-19-16 12:27 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Formal charges are pending against two men who allegedly stole an ATM from a hotel on the University of North Dakota campus in Grand Forks.
- UND men's hockey team at No. 2 in both national polls Updated: Jan-19-16 10:06 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota men's hockey team trails Quinnipiac in both national polls, after a split of a weekend series with Omaha.
- N. Dakota gets series split with 5-1 win over Nebraska-Omaha Updated: Jan-16-16 10:50 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Senior forward Coltyn Sanderson's first college goal gave North Dakota the lead for good Saturday in a 5-1 National Collegiate Hockey Conference win over Nebraska-Omaha.
- Montana closes on a 10-0 run to beat North Dakota 65-61 Updated: Jan-16-16 8:51 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Martin Breunig scored five points in the final 1:30 and Montana closed on a 10-0 run for a 65-61 victory over North Dakota on Saturday to remain undefeated in conference play.
- Suspect pleads guilty in fatal Devils Lake boat crash Updated: Jan-15-16 7:57 am
DEVILS LAKE, North Dakota - A man accused in a boat crash on Devils Lake that killed one person and injured three others has pleaded guilty in a deal with prosecutors that likely will put him behind bars for two years.
- Former Gov. Ed Schafer takes over as interim UND president Updated: Jan-15-16 6:44 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A new leader is at the helm of the University of North Dakota, for a little while.
- Crandall leads North Dakota past Montana State 85-68 Updated: Jan-14-16 10:49 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Geno Crandall scored 18 points, on 7-of-10 shooting, with seven assists and three steals Thursday night to help North Dakota beat Montana State 85-68.
- Fargo philanthropist Burgum seeking GOP nod for governor Updated: Jan-14-16 4:37 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Fargo philanthropist and one-time Microsoft executive Doug Burgum said Thursday he wants the Republican bid for North Dakota governor, even if it means entering the primary without the party's blessing.