- Maine governor accused of insensitivity with 'Mr. Chiu' joke Updated: Feb-12-16 2:29 pm
LEWISTON, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage is being accused of racial insensitivity over a joke about a Chinese investor's name.
- Reborn Maine mill town offers lessons amid refugee crisis Updated: Feb-08-16 4:55 pm
LEWISTON, Maine - The arrival of thousands of Somali refugees in this former mill city in the nation's whitest state sparked a backlash at first, complete with a rally of white supremacists and a pig's head rolled into the local mosque.
- Bates receives $19M to create digital, computational studies Updated: Feb-08-16 3:37 pm
LEWISTON, Maine - Bates College is launching a new program in digital and computational studies after receiving $19 million from seven families.
- Developer has ambitious plan for Lewiston's Bates Mill No. 5 Updated: Feb-07-16 9:14 am
LEWISTON, Maine - The Lewiston City Council is giving a developer another year to work out financial details of a proposed redevelopment of Bates Mill No. 5.
- Man convicted of killing woman loses bid for new trial Updated: Feb-03-16 4:46 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A Lewiston man convicted in 2012 of killing a 22-year-old woman in her bathtub has lost his bid for a new trial.
- Maine governor tells gun owners to 'get rid of drug dealers' Updated: Jan-27-16 6:10 pm
LEWISTON, Maine - One day Maine's governor is talking about using the guillotine on drug dealers. The next, he's talking about using guns.
- Maine's second-largest city bans indoor hoverboards Updated: Jan-20-16 9:45 am
LEWISTON, Maine - Maine's second-largest city has banned hoverboards from use inside city buildings.
- Police: Bates College student's death not suspicious Updated: Jan-20-16 4:23 am
LEWISTON, Maine - Police in Lewiston say the death of a Bates College student found unresponsive over the weekend isn't being classified as suspicious.