- Advocacy groups, district debate transgender athletes Updated: May-29-16 11:33 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Haines School District and a nonprofit Christian advocacy group are at odds over a transgender competitor at the state track meet in Anchorage.
- Former Fairbanks mayor announces state senate bid Updated: May-29-16 10:28 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Former Fairbanks North Star Borough Mayor Luke Hopkins is running for state senate.
- No criminal charges filed in North Slope police shooting Updated: May-28-16 2:31 pm
BARROW, Alaska - The Alaska attorney general's office will not file criminal charges against a police officer who fatally shot a Barrow man.
- Great Pacific Seafoods closes Kenai plant, manager says Updated: May-28-16 12:30 pm
KENAI, Alaska - A former plant manager says the seafood processor Great Pacific Seafoods has shut down its Alaska operations.
- Walker breaks up tax proposals after legislative pushback Updated: May-27-16 5:57 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Gov. Bill Walker broke his tax proposals apart again after legislators pushed back on his decision to bundle them together for the special session.
- Motorcycle crash seriously injures Wasilla driver Updated: May-27-16 2:55 pm
WASILLA, Alaska - A Wasilla motorcyclist remains in critical condition following a crash Thursday night on a rural road.
- Anchorage police release identity of man found dead in creek Updated: May-27-16 12:39 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage police have released the identity of a man found dead May 18 on a mud island in Ship Creek.
- 2 Anchorage men arrested after 2 eastside shootings Updated: May-27-16 12:25 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Two Anchorage men suspected of firing guns Thursday have been arrested.
- Troopers arrest man suspected in stabbing at campsite Updated: May-27-16 11:46 am
WASILLA, Alaska - A dispute over a gun led to a stabbing Friday at a campsite near Wasilla.
- Woman dies in traffic crash on Prince of Wales Island Updated: May-27-16 11:33 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A southeast Alaska woman died after her pickup crashed on Prince of Wales Island.
- Kenai vandalism costs thousands in damage Updated: May-27-16 9:02 am
KENAI, Alaska - Authorities are investigating after a vandal caused thousands of dollars in damage at a Kenai library, leaving staff unsure whether they'll be able to fund the replacement of the destroyed items.
- Fairbanks borough air pollution levels worst in US Updated: May-27-16 8:57 am
FARIBANKS, Alaska - Data show air pollution in the Fairbanks North Star Borough remains at the highest levels in the nation and has failed to show significant air quality improvement.
- PenAir chosen as air service provide for 3 Nebraska cities Updated: May-27-16 7:32 am
KEARNEY, Nebraska - A regional airline based in Alaska has been chosen to serve Kearney, North Platte and Scottsbluff.
- Police say man used front-loader to break into liquor store Updated: May-26-16 7:10 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska police say a man used a stolen front-end loader to break into a liquor store and then led officers on a low-speed chase early Thursday.
- Wildlife troopers to sell law enforcement vessel Woldstad Updated: May-26-16 3:21 pm
KODIAK, Alaska - One of four large vessels used by Alaska State Wildlife Troopers for commercial fishing enforcement will be sold for budget reasons.
- Man charged with murder in fatal shooting at gas station Updated: May-26-16 12:26 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 23-year-old man has been charged with a first-degree murder in a shooting death Wednesday night at an Anchorage gas station.
- Hydaburg man charged with assault with splitting maul Updated: May-26-16 11:50 am
HYDABURG, Alaska - A southeast Alaska man has been charged with felony assault after a dispute at a home in the village of Hydaburg.
- Couple charged with faking burglary, claiming insurance Updated: May-26-16 11:33 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Anchorage couple suspected of hiding jewelry and other items and claiming they were stolen has been indicted on federal fraud charges.
- Anchorage announces steps to reduce crime at city park Updated: May-26-16 9:13 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage officials are looking to reduce crime at a city park that has been at the center of several public safety complaints, with plans to tear down a large, decades-old fountain as part of the effort.
- Rate filings for individual Alaska health plans due in July Updated: May-25-16 7:28 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The lone insurance company expected to offer individual health policies to Alaskans next year will have until mid-July to make its requests for rate changes.
- Alaska Corrections officer faces federal drug charges Updated: May-25-16 7:22 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Alaska Department of Corrections officer suspected of a heroin-distribution plot at a state prison has been arrested on federal drug charges.
- Hopkins resigns from gas line board for Alaska Senate run Updated: May-25-16 7:14 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Luke Hopkins, who was narrowly confirmed to the board of the Alaska Gasline Development Corp. last month, has resigned from that post to run for the state Senate.
- Plans would close Sitka, Anchorage extension service offices Updated: May-25-16 3:18 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The University of Alaska Fairbanks plans to close its cooperative extension service offices in Sitka and Anchorage by the end of October.
- Deadline approaching for annual Denali park road lottery Updated: May-25-16 1:58 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The deadline for entering the annual Denali National Park and Preserve road lottery is approaching.
- Ex-Arizona lawmaker pleads not guilty to murder in Alaska Updated: May-25-16 5:55 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - A former Arizona state legislator has pleaded not guilty to fatally shooting a man during a hunting trip near Juneau.