- Oxford uses tree fund to retain canopy, replenish trees Updated: Jul-30-15 4:53 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - When a developer builds a home, or several homes, despite good intentions and work of engineers, trees generally have to be removed from a plot, provided you're not building on an empty field.
- Mississippi senators applaud TVA board choice Updated: Jul-29-15 9:08 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran and Roger Wicker are welcoming the nomination of Richard Howorth of Oxford for a second term on Tennessee Valley Authority Board of Directors.
- Myrtle man dies in Lafayette County crash Updated: Jul-28-15 6:13 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - Mississippi Highway Patrol troopers are investigating a fatal one car crash in Lafayette County.
- Ole Miss leading scorer Stefan Moody arrested on DUI charge Updated: Jul-27-15 1:51 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Mississippi starting guard Stefan Moody was arrested and charged with driving under the influence early Saturday morning.
- Digital Yoknapatawpha free on the Internet Updated: Jul-24-15 4:43 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - More than 50 years after William Faulkner's last book, educators are creating an online database of his books and short stories, featuring maps, characters and other information that can be accessed online by scholars and the public.
- Faulkner Alley has storied history beyond author Updated: Jul-24-15 4:34 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - Dianne Fergusson, a former English teacher who describes herself as "an absolute Faulkner freak," has been reading the work of Nobel Prize-winner William Faulkner all of her life.
- Others sought in crash that killed rebel flag supporter Updated: Jul-23-15 8:37 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi investigators said Thursday that they are trying to find people who might have been involved in a road dispute just before a crash that killed a black man wearing a Confederate military hat.
- Man sentenced to 10 years on weapons charge Updated: Jul-23-15 6:40 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - A man arrested for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon is heading to federal prison for 10 years.
- 3 Mississippi airports share in $5.5M in federal grants Updated: Jul-17-15 4:53 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Airports in Gulfport, Oxford, and Lumberton are sharing in nearly $5.6 million in grants from the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Oxford begins prep for MHSAA football championships Updated: Jul-16-15 4:18 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - The high school football season begins a little more than a month from now, and with that begins the preparation for the prep football championships.
- Court date set for former Saltillo assistant police chief Updated: Jul-15-15 4:23 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - A trial in a wrongful termination suit filed by the former Saltillo assistant police chief is scheduled for 2016 in federal court in Oxford.
- Annual Faulkner Conference to begin in a week Updated: Jul-15-15 4:23 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - The 2015 Faulkner and Yoknapatawpha Conference will explore "Faulkner and Print Culture" over five days from July 19-23 in Oxford.
- Former officers lose suit after winning Supreme Court appeal Updated: Jul-10-15 5:02 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - Two former Shelby police officers who won an appeal before the U.S. Supreme Court returned to the trial court only to lose on other grounds.
- Jones, Bjork recognized by NCAA with diversity awards Updated: Jul-08-15 4:09 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - The NCAA has chosen University of Mississippi Chancellor Emeritus Dan Jones and the school's athletic director Ross Bjork as its first honorees for a new diversity award.
- Equipment, training grants for 16 fire departments Updated: Jul-07-15 4:08 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Sixteen Mississippi fire departments will share in $1.4 million to acquire new equipment and train their firefighters.
- Mississippi investigating potential NCAA violations Updated: Jul-07-15 2:09 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Mississippi's athletics department says it has started an internal investigation into potential NCAA rules violations involving starting left tackle Laremy Tunsil.
- Cohen named dean of UM College of Liberal Arts Updated: Jul-04-15 11:04 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - The University of Mississippi has hired Lee Cohen as the next dean of the College of Liberal Arts.
- Oxford software maker to hire 60 customer service workers Updated: Jun-30-15 3:32 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - A software company is hiring 60 people as part of an expansion.