- Ole Miss to spend $12 million to add 12 acres to campus Updated: May-22-16 3:10 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - The University of Mississippi plans to spend $12 million to buy 12 acres of land on the western edge of its Oxford campus.
- Oxford plans to unify branding Updated: May-16-16 7:26 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - Most people living in Oxford recognize the city's logo - a large "O'' with a tree floating in the middle.
- McComb fund sets $5M more for Ole Miss international studies Updated: May-14-16 10:49 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - University of Mississippi officials say a McComb-based charitable fund has agreed to continue supporting an international studies program at the university.
- Brokaw to speak to graduates at Ole Miss commencement Updated: May-14-16 3:01 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - NBC News broadcaster Tom Brokaw will address graduates Saturday at the University of Mississippi.
- Oxford Schools to consider drone policy Updated: May-13-16 10:16 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - The Oxford School District is considering a new policy that would forbid anyone from flying a drone or any remote-controlled aircraft in the skies over school campuses or school properties without the authorization of the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Justices mull if judiciary has role in legislative dispute Updated: May-09-16 6:13 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court said Monday that it wants to hear arguments about a lawsuit a Democratic lawmaker filed earlier this year against the Republican House speaker.
- Phillips prepares to step down as Oxford Eagle publisher Updated: May-09-16 4:13 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Tim Phillips says he is stepping down soon as publisher of The Oxford Eagle.
- Frat accused of sexual harassment: year on social probation Updated: May-08-16 7:13 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - A fraternity accused of sexual harassment during its annual charity fundraiser says the University of Mississippi's judicial council has put the Sigma Chi chapter on social probation for a year, but it will appeal the decision.
- Caterpillar closing 5 more plants amid low demand Updated: Apr-28-16 6:49 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Caterpillar Inc. says it will close five more factories - including an Oxford, Mississippi, plant - as the Peoria, Illinois-based heavy equipment maker reacts to slowing demand for construction and mining equipment worldwide by cutting capacity.