- Grand Canyon commercial boaters eye alternative fuel Updated: Jul-05-15 5:51 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A group of commercial boaters in northern Arizona are set on one day leading excursions along the Colorado River in greener fashion.
- NAU seeks more off-campus housing as student numbers rise Updated: Jul-04-15 2:22 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Northern Arizona University is looking for new off-campus neighbors as the student population continues to grow.
- Forest Service releases plan to protect Flagstaff watersheds Updated: Jul-01-15 5:10 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A plan to protect Flagstaff watersheds from damage from erosion-causing wildfires and flooding calls for using prescribed burns and logging on thousands of acres, including use of cables and helicopters to drag or lift felled trees off steep slopes.
- Hail storm hits Prescott Valley with minor flooding Updated: Jun-30-15 6:53 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - A storm hit the Prescott area with hail and rain leaving several homes with minor flooding.
- Arizona gives back control of minimum wage to communities Updated: Jun-30-15 3:23 pm
PHOENIX - The state of Arizona has agreed to give back control over setting a local minimum wage to cities and counties as part of a settlement of a lawsuit that accuses the Legislature of taking away that power from communities.
- Lightning kills woman hiking in northern Arizona Updated: Jun-28-15 6:21 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Authorities say a lightning strike has killed a woman and injured several others who were taking shelter under a tree in the Mogollon (MUH'-ghi-ohn) Rim in northern Arizona.
- 2 hikers rescued in separate incidents near Flagstaff Updated: Jun-28-15 3:20 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Two hikers were rescued Saturday in the northern Arizona mountains in separate incidents.
- Firefighters, Red Cross team up on smoke alarm giveaway Updated: Jun-27-15 6:19 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Firefighters and volunteers with the American Red Cross are distributing free smoke alarms in Flagstaff's Sunnyside neighborhood Saturday.
- Firefighter suffers smoke inhalation in Doney Park blaze Updated: Jun-26-15 9:05 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A firefighter has been taken to a Flagstaff hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation after a mobile home fire in Doney Park.
- California girl allegedly abducted by stepbrother found safe Updated: Jun-22-15 10:19 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Authorities say a 12-year-old California girl who allegedly was abducted by her stepbrother has been found safe in northern Arizona.
- Cause of Flagstaff auto dealership fire under investigation Updated: Jun-20-15 6:17 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Authorities are investigating the cause of a fire at a Flagstaff automobile dealership that has done up to $100,000 in damages.
- Arizona swelters in triple-digit temps as heat wave drags on Updated: Jun-18-15 10:10 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona is in the midst of a prolonged heat wave that has produced record-high temperatures in Phoenix, prompted dozens of daily calls to the Humane Society about overheated pets, and sparked triple-digit temperatures in typically cooler mountain locations.
- Development proposed on land flooded after Schultz Fire Updated: Jun-17-15 9:35 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A northern Arizona county's first subdivision proposal in seven years is moving forward this summer.
- Flagstaff, Hopi Tribe work toward settlement of lawsuit Updated: Jun-16-15 6:19 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The city of Flagstaff and the Hopi Tribe are working toward a settlement in a lawsuit that claims the city's decision to sell treated wastewater to a ski resort causes a public nuisance.
- National Forest fields 200,000 comments on Tusayan project Updated: Jun-12-15 2:36 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The Kaibab National Forest is sifting through more than 200,000 public comments that are mostly against an easement through the town of Tusayan that would help make a development near the Grand Canyon possible.
- Woman hurt in Arizona crash with suicidal driver dies Updated: Jun-10-15 7:02 pm
SEDONA, Arizona - Authorities in the Arizona town of Sedona say a fourth person has died after a crash caused by a driver who fatally shot himself behind the wheel.
- Autopsy: Driver shot self before fatal crash in Arizona Updated: Jun-09-15 7:01 pm
SEDONA, Arizona - An autopsy confirmed that a man whose SUV collided with an oncoming car in the tourist community of Sedona, killing two people, had fatally shot himself before the crash, authorities said Tuesday.
- Firefighters say 4 fires in Flagstaff set by arsonist Updated: Jun-08-15 11:04 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Officials are investigating four Flagstaff fires they say were caused by arson.