- Mo Farah wins 10K at the Prefontaine Classic Updated: May-28-16 2:18 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Olympian Mo Farah of Great Britain won his third 10,000-meter title in the Prefontaine Classic on Friday night.
- Woman steals Eugene man's lottery voucher Updated: May-27-16 12:39 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Police say a Eugene man's winning lottery voucher was taken by a woman sitting near him while he played video poker at CJ's Restaurant.
- Oregon Bach Festival to break ground on new building Updated: May-26-16 12:20 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - The Oregon Bach Festival will be breaking ground in June on its permanent new home on the University of Oregon campus. The new building will be adjacent to the Frohnmayer Music Building and will likely be called Berwick Hall.
- Stanford, Washington meet for NCAA women's title Updated: May-24-16 10:56 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Sarah Rhee had nothing to lose and wound up with an unlikely victory Tuesday that sent Washington to the final of the NCAA women's golf championship against defending champion Stanford.
- Lane County seeks input on plan for Buford Recreation Area Updated: May-23-16 11:16 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Lane County officials are seeking public input on a long-term management plan for the Howard Buford Recreation Area. The plan would cover vegetation and wildlife management of the popular park near Mount Pisgah.
- Life in prison recommended for man convicted in 2012 killing Updated: May-21-16 4:06 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A man convicted in a 2012 killing will likely spend life behind bars.
- Sports power couple: Eatons gearing up for Rio Olympics Updated: May-21-16 12:21 pm
Ashton Eaton crouched in the dirt and concentrated on conquering his latest rival - weeds overwhelming his backyard.
- Former at-risk teen in animal care program earns vet degree Updated: May-21-16 3:02 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Nine years and four months ago, a headline in the Register-Guard's City and Region section read, "Troubled students find cat-alysts for change."
- Sprinkler used to deter homeless attacked twice in Oregon Updated: May-20-16 1:42 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Two people got into trouble with Eugene police this week after targeting a sprinkler that was turned on to prevent the homeless from damaging a yard.
- Oregon man charged with beating dog pleads guilty Updated: May-20-16 1:16 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - An Oregon district attorney took the unusual step of issuing a Twitter response after public concern about the sentence handed down to a man who beat a dog named Earl.
- 18-year-old high school student arrested for sexting girl Updated: May-19-16 3:47 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A Springfield high school senior has been arrested on allegations that he sent sexually explicit photos of himself to a 14-year-old student.
- Oklahoma State wins NCAA golf Stillwater Regional, OU 2nd Updated: May-18-16 7:36 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma State golf team has won the NCAA Stillwater Regional to advance to the NCAA Championships and the Cowboys' Kristoffer Ventura rallied to win medalist honors.
- Lucy Vinis wins Eugene mayoral race Updated: May-18-16 2:26 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Lucy Vinis has won the Eugene mayoral race.
- Sentencing trial starts for convicted killer of Eugene man Updated: May-18-16 11:37 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Helpful and generous.
- Judge tosses lawsuit related to immigrant driver licenses Updated: May-17-16 5:01 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A judge has tossed a lawsuit that sought access to drivers' licenses for immigrants living in the country illegally.
- Election guide: Candidates and issues in Oregon's primary Updated: May-17-16 3:41 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - The presidential race generated a lot of enthusiasm among Oregonians, with about 160,000 adding their names to the rolls of the two major parties this year - but mostly Democrats.
- Cottage Grove teen killed in crash on Highway 99 Updated: May-17-16 2:24 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Authorities are investigating after a teenager was killed in a two-vehicle collision near Cottage Grove.
- Oregon class celebration has presidential candidate pinatas Updated: May-15-16 1:56 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - An Oregon civics teacher is getting some unexpected attention because a presidential candidate pinata was part of a class celebration after the students completed their exams. Students brought the pinata filled with candy to class decorated with photos of the presumptive presidential nominees. Donald Trump was one side and Hillary Clinton on the other.
- Judge dismisses lawsuit filed by Olympian runner's company Updated: May-14-16 12:20 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A federal judge has dismissed a federal antitrust lawsuit filed by a company co-owned by Olympian middle-distance runner Nick Symmonds.
- Nonprofits work to bring Syrian refugees to Lane County Updated: May-12-16 4:56 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Nonprofit groups are working to bring refuges from Syria and Myanmar to Lane County.
- Farm gets license to be recreational marijuana producer Updated: May-08-16 3:42 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A farm southwest of Eugene has been given a license to become the second licensed recreational marijuana producer in Lane County. Winberry Farm southeast of Eugene joins New Breed Seed, which was licensed last month by the Oregon Liquor Control Commission.
- 3 protesters arrested as Trump campaigns in Washington Updated: May-07-16 9:29 pm
LYNDEN, Washington - Donald Trump spent a second day in the Northwest on Saturday, telling supporters he will win Washington state in November and decrying manufacturing job losses as protesters gathered outside both venues.
- Trump rally in liberal Oregon city draws protest; no arrests Updated: May-07-16 1:38 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Protesters in a liberal university town shouted "Dump Trump" and argued with supporters of the billionaire businessman as the likely Republican presidential nominee brought his divisive, but popular, campaign to an Oregon rally Friday.
- The Latest: Police say Trump rally concluded, no arrests Updated: May-07-16 1:30 am
EUGENE, Oregon - The Latest on GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump's rally in Eugene, Oregon (all times local):
- Creswell man sentenced for sexual abuse of girl Updated: May-06-16 2:37 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A Lane County man charged with sexually abusing a girl more than a decade ago has been sentenced to 29 years in prison.