- Southeast Eugene residents told to prepare for wildfires Updated: May-31-15 12:25 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Firefighters spent time this weekend warning residents of southeast Eugene about wildfire preparedness and prevention.
- Kirani James wins 400 meters in Prefontaine Classic Updated: May-30-15 8:38 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Kirani James won the 400 meters Saturday in the Prefontaine Classic, pulling away from a strong field at Hayward Field.
- Eugene mayor asks council to delay start of sick leave law Updated: May-30-15 4:04 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - The Eugene City Council will consider whether to delay by three months the start of the city's mandatory paid sick leave law.
- Olympic champion Farah wins Prefontaine 10K Updated: May-30-15 1:47 am
EUGENE, Oregon - British Olympic champion Mo Farah surged down the final stretch to win the 10,000 meters at the Prefontaine Classic on Friday night.
- Body found in underground well in Eugene sewage system Updated: May-28-15 9:31 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Authorities say a body has been recovered from Eugene's sewage system.
- Complaint filed against Hoyle recall committee Updated: May-28-15 8:27 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The liberal group Our Oregon has filed an election complaint against a group seeking to recall Eugene Democratic Rep. Val Hoyle over her support for a gun control bill.
- Eugene woman sues city, officers over tinted-window tickets Updated: May-27-15 6:15 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A former Eugene city councilor's wife is suing the city and two police officers, saying the officers abused their power when issuing her a series of traffic tickets for heavily tinted car windows, which doctors recommended she use.
- US Army Corps of Engineers stops blue-green algae advisories Updated: May-26-15 2:41 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will no longer send out warnings about potentially toxic blue-green algae blooms in the Oregon lakes it manages.
- University of Oregon may create student health insurance Updated: May-24-15 12:08 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - The University of Oregon is proposing to create its own health insurance plan for students.
- 89-year-old woman cited after crashing car into Eugene bank Updated: May-23-15 7:56 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Eugene police have cited an 89-year-old woman for crashing into a bank building.
- Meat packer fined for mishandling slaughterhouse wastewater Updated: May-23-15 4:54 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A Lane County meat packer is again facing fines for alleged deficiencies in handling wastewater from its slaughterhouse.
- New policy in Eugene schools helps transgender students Updated: May-23-15 2:53 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Schools in Eugene will now be required to accommodate transgender and gender non-conforming students thanks to a policy unanimously passed by the Eugene School Board.
- Man pleads guilty to reduced charges in roadway shooting Updated: May-22-15 4:23 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A 35-year-old former professional mixed martial arts fighter accused of murder for fatally shooting an unarmed man after a Springfield traffic crash has pleaded guilty to reduced charges.
- Man sentenced to more than 7 years for car crash in Eugene Updated: May-21-15 1:42 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Before being handed a prison sentence Wednesday, an Oregon Army veteran exchanged kind words with the woman he seriously injured in a car accident while under the influence of drugs.
- Army veteran apologizes to student injured in crash Updated: May-21-15 12:23 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Before being handed a sentence of more than seven years in prison, an Army veteran apologized in court to the 19-year-old nursing student who nearly died when he crashed into her car.
- University of Oregon drops riverfront property project Updated: May-20-15 4:31 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - The foundation that manages the University of Oregon's endowment has stunned civic leaders by pulling out of a project to turn the former operations yard of the local public utility into a mix of riverfront apartments, condos, offices, shops and restaurants.
- Trucker killed when car knocks deer into windshield Updated: May-19-15 10:03 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Oregon State Police say the driver of a commercial delivery truck was killed near Eugene when a car hit a small deer and launched it into the truck's windshield.
- Eugene man indicted in July auto wreck that injured 5 others Updated: May-19-15 12:40 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A Eugene man has been arrested in connection with a crash last year that seriously injured him and five others on Territorial Highway, west of Creswell.
- Big rig carrying sour cream overturns on Ore. highway Updated: May-18-15 10:29 pm
OAKRIDGE, Oregon - When a tractor-trailer rig loaded with 80,000 pounds of dairy products overturned on an Oregon highway southeast of Eugene, the main problem did not seem to be spilled milk but sour cream - lots and lots of sour cream.
- Eugene builders can't find enough skilled workers Updated: May-18-15 4:04 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - By most accounts, Lane County's construction market is booming.
- Eugene considers banning smoking on downtown sidewalks Updated: May-17-15 5:49 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Eugene is mulling a sidewalk smoking ban.
- UO hopes academics will soon join football in top rankings Updated: May-17-15 9:31 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Chuck Lillis thrills to the sight of the University of Washington rising to the top 50 in rankings of American universities.
- Gov. Kate Brown selects new Lane County judge Updated: May-17-15 7:07 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Gov. Kate Brown has appointed Karrie McIntyre to fill a vacancy in Lane County Circuit Court.
- Oregon man convicted of plotting to kill neighbor Updated: May-16-15 4:10 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A jury deliberated for less than two hours before convicting a Eugene man of plotting to kill his 70-year-old neighbor.
- Norovirus outbreak at Lane County senior facilities Updated: May-16-15 1:25 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Five senior living facilities in the Eugene area have reported outbreaks of norovirus in recent weeks.