- Woman accused of murder-for-hire plot held in jail Updated: Jul-28-15 10:38 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A federal judge has ruled that an Oregon woman accused of hiring a felon to kill her ex-husband in Utah is too dangerous to be released from jail while awaiting trial in the case.
- Trespassing charges dropped against Eugene protester Updated: Jul-28-15 6:15 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Eugene city prosecutors have dropped trespassing charges filed against a protester who was ticketed for entering a closed plaza nearly two years ago.
- Eugene man missing at Diamond Lake Updated: Jul-27-15 1:13 pm
ROSEBURG, Oregon - A 51-year-old Eugene man is missing and presumed drowned at Diamond Lake in the Umpqua National Forest.
- Eugene police arrest 78-year-old on murder charge Updated: Jul-25-15 6:57 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Authorities in Eugene have arrested a 78-year-old man in connection with a woman's suspicious death earlier this week.
- 1996 taping of priest-suspect talk a topic in Lane DA race Updated: Jul-24-15 11:01 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Patty Perlow says she didn't expect critics to dig up a nearly two-decades-old controversy and use it against her during her bid to become Lane County's next district attorney.
- Eugene newcomer helps homeless from the back of 1937 pickup Updated: Jul-23-15 1:22 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Ahooga ahoooooga!
- Man sentenced for drug charge still faces sex abuse trial Updated: Jul-22-15 2:02 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A man facing an Aug. 11 trial for sex abuse alongside Oregon gay rights activist Terry Bean has been sentenced in a separate meth possession case.
- Lane County approves tax break for International Paper mill Updated: Jul-22-15 10:44 am
EUGENE, Oregon - The Lane County Board of Commissioners approved a five-year tax break totaling $8.56 million for the International Paper linerboard mill in Springfield.
- Creswell woman sentenced in fatal hit-and-run crash Updated: Jul-22-15 10:31 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A Creswell woman has been sentenced to jail time and probation for her involvement in a fatal 2013 hit-and-run crash in Cottage Grove.
- Sex abuse case settlement denied for gay rights activist Updated: Jul-17-15 3:13 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A judge isn't letting Oregon gay rights activist Terry Bean settle a teen sex abuse case out of court.
- Cottage Grove man gets 5 years for sex with underage girls Updated: Jul-17-15 1:53 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - A Cottage Grove man who had sex with three underage girls was sentenced Friday to five years in prison.
- Police release details of Eugene murder-suicide Updated: Jul-16-15 4:12 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Eugene police say a murder-suicide last Saturday likely stemmed from an argument that happened a day earlier.
- Late-night gunfire in Eugene injures at least 1 Updated: Jul-16-15 10:18 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Eugene police believe at least person was injured in a shooting late Wednesday.
- Accused burglar falls through ceiling at 2 Eugene businesses Updated: Jul-16-15 6:20 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Eugene police are looking for a man who is accused of falling through the ceiling of two businesses in an attempt to steal property.
- Jail time unlikely if kids found guilty of ballpark fire Updated: Jul-15-15 10:23 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Jail time isn't likely if convictions are handed down for the four boys charged with setting a fire that destroyed a historic Oregon ballpark.
- Oregon woman accused of murder-for-hire plot Updated: Jul-14-15 12:13 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police arrested an Oregon woman accused of hiring a felon to kill her ex-husband in Saratoga Springs, Utah.
- State files lawsuit against man over 2008 fireworks fire Updated: Jul-10-15 10:46 am
EUGENE, Oregon - The state is suing a man for the $14,000 it cost to put out a fire ignited by lit fireworks thrown from a car window in 2008.
- Former Creswell baseball coach admits to sex offense Updated: Jul-09-15 10:55 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A former Creswell High School baseball coach has admitted that he tried to arrange a sexual encounter with an underage prostitute.
- Sponsor drops recall effort targeting state Rep. Val Hoyle Updated: Jul-08-15 4:26 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The sponsor of a recall petition targeting state Rep. Val Hoyle is dropping the effort.
- Boys accused of setting ballpark on fire charged with arson Updated: Jul-07-15 2:06 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Four boys accused of playing with fire and starting a massive blaze that destroyed Eugene, Oregon's historic Civic Stadium are facing more serious charges.
- Portland activist files for dismissal of sex-related charges Updated: Jul-07-15 10:29 am
EUGENE, Oregon - A prominent political fundraiser and gay rights activist is seeking to have multiple sex-related charges against him dismissed.
- New technique to reduce pesticide use among hazelnut farmers Updated: Jul-06-15 2:35 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Eugene-area hazelnut farmers starting to use pheromones to save crops and reduce pesticide use.
- Magnitude 4.2 earthquake hits Oregon, no damage reported Updated: Jul-04-15 8:19 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - Some Oregonians woke on the Fourth of July to a significant jolt when a magnitude 4.2 earthquake struck near Springfield and Eugene.
- Sheriff: Oregon man, suspected in parents' death, kills self Updated: Jul-03-15 1:43 am
EUGENE, Oregon - An Oregon man accused of murdering his parents and storing their bodies in a freezer has died in a hospital after a suicide attempt in his jail cell, authorities said.
- Oregon ballpark fire blamed on boys playing with fire Updated: Jul-02-15 4:57 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A massive fire that destroyed Eugene's historic Civic Stadium was caused by four boys playing with fire who fled when the flames got out of control, investigators said Thursday.