- Prominent developer Jordan Schnitzer buys in Pendleton Updated: May-20-16 10:08 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - Jordan Schnitzer, one of Oregon's most prominent real estate developers and arts supporters, recently purchased a long-vacant property on Pendleton's Main Street.
- Pendleton repeals ban on inmate work crews Updated: May-18-16 9:41 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - The Pendleton City Council has ended a nearly 30-year ban on work crews from the Eastern Oregon Correctional Institution.
- Voters approve merger of fire districts in Eastern Oregon Updated: May-18-16 9:26 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - Voters in Hermiston and Stanfield have approved a consolidated fire district that will encompass much of western Umatilla County.
- Editorials from around Oregon Updated: May-16-16 2:35 pm
Selected editorials from Oregon newspapers.
- Pendleton trying to boost second-story development Updated: May-16-16 9:51 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - As street level storefronts in downtown Pendleton have been developed in recently into restaurants, boutiques and salons, most of the second story spaces have remained vacant and unusable.
- Pendleton kindergartners learn Umatilla language Updated: May-14-16 3:05 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - Pendleton Early Learning Center teacher Sarah Yoshioka gathered her class at the front of the room before ceding the floor to Shawndine Jones and Mildred Quaempts.
- 2 injured during exchange of gunfire in Hermiston Updated: May-09-16 9:50 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - Gunfire in Hermiston sent a 20-year-old man and a 17-year-old boy to the hospital.
- Puppy training program brings joy into Oregon prison Updated: May-08-16 3:29 pm
PENDLETON, Oregon - It didn't take long for six puppies to bring a "life spark" back into the eyes of fifteen inmates serving sentences from five years to life at Eastern Oregon Correctional Institution in Pendleton.
- Oregon farmers dissolve Depression-era co-op Updated: May-04-16 9:37 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - It's the end of an era for Eastern Oregon agriculture.
- Oregon trails crews to get help from BLM mustangs Updated: May-02-16 10:20 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - Some of Nevada's wild horses will be lending a hoof to Oregon trails crews this summer.
- Critics question effectiveness of Eastern Promise program Updated: Apr-25-16 3:20 pm
PENDLETON, Oregon - Critics are questioning the effectiveness of programs that allow high school students to gain college credit while attending high school but supporters of the program say those fears are unfounded.