- 5 Things to Know in Florida for Sept. 3 Updated: Sep-02-15 5:49 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- Burglars bars trapped woman, 2 kids killed in Tampa fire Updated: Sep-02-15 9:44 am
TAMPA, Florida - Authorities say an overloaded power strip likely caused a fire that killed a 61-year-old Tampa woman and two of her grandchildren.
- Rapper Pitbull teams with Visit Florida to promote tourism Updated: Sep-02-15 7:23 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Rapper Pitbull is partnering with Visit Florida to promote tourism.
- Audubon purchases 2-acre island in Tampa Bay Updated: Sep-02-15 3:09 am
LITTLE BIRD KEY, Florida - The treetop homes on Terra Ceia Bay all have grand views of sunsets while the residents there feast on seafood and rear their young.
- Man guilty of killing boss and her husband Updated: Sep-01-15 7:34 pm
TAMPA, Florida - A Tampa Bay area man faces a possible death sentence for fatally shooting his boss and her husband.
- 2 charged with pointing laser at police helicopter Updated: Sep-01-15 4:47 pm
TAMPA, Florida - A man and woman were arrested after authorities say the shined a green laser at a Tampa police helicopter.
- Punter Michiael Koenen released as Bucs trim roster to 75 Updated: Sep-01-15 4:46 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers released punter Michael Koenen and placed defensive tackle Akeem Spence on the reserve/physically unable to perform list while trimming the roster to the NFL limit of 75 players for the final preseason game.
- Bucs trade TE Tim Wright to Lions for kicker Kyle Brindza Updated: Aug-31-15 5:36 pm
- Buccaneers say QB Winston's sprained ankle not a concern Updated: Aug-31-15 5:05 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Jameis Winston has a sprained ankle that the rookie quarterback and Tampa Bay Buccaneers say is not a major concern.
- Hulk Hogan apologizes for racist remarks, blames upbringing Updated: Aug-31-15 10:55 am
TAMPA, Florida - A month after Hulk Hogan was fired by World Wrestling Entertainment following the leak of a racist rant from a video tape in 2006, he asked his fans for forgiveness while attributing the offensive word heard on video to growing up in a "rough" South Tampa neighborhood.
- Buccaneers waive 10, including draft pick Iosefa Updated: Aug-30-15 5:39 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Seventh-round draft pick Joey Iosefa was among 10 players released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the first wave of cuts.
- Browns' Duke Johnson has concussion; Ray Rice on radar? Updated: Aug-30-15 3:47 pm
CLEVELAND - Duke Johnson's concussion has aggravated the Browns' headache at running back.
- Pinellas County man tests positive for West Nile Virus Updated: Aug-30-15 5:07 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - A 32-year-old man in Pinellas County recently tested positive for West Nile Virus, the first confirmed human case of the mosquito-borne illness this year.
- Eckerd student arrives safe after 9-month-long sail with dog Updated: Aug-30-15 1:01 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - For nine months, 19-year-old Sally Gardiner-Smith sailed alone with only her cockapoo for company. She would go four or five days without speaking to another human.
- McCown throws 2 TD passes to lead Browns over Bucs Updated: Aug-30-15 12:03 am
TAMPA, Florida - The Cleveland Browns were a tough matchup for Jameis Winston.
- Rays lose sixth straight to Royals Updated: Aug-29-15 11:08 pm
- GOP Senate candidates slam Obama, "Washington Republicans" Updated: Aug-29-15 2:01 pm
TAMPA, Florida - They railed against the Obama administration's foreign policy. They scolded "Washington Republicans." And they decried the $18 trillion national debt and the dysfunction of a Congress that cannot get anything done.
- As Erika weakens, some in Tampa Bay area are still worried Updated: Aug-29-15 12:31 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tropical Storm Erika has dissipated but folks in the Tampa Bay area are watching it carefully.
- The Latest: Tropical Storm Erica expected to be downgraded Updated: Aug-28-15 5:35 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The latest on storm preparations for Erika (all times local):
- Teachers complain about staff shirts bearing church's name Updated: Aug-28-15 7:26 am
TAMPA, Florida - Some Tampa-area teachers are complaining after being issued staff T-shirts bearing the logo of a sponsoring megachurch.
- Florida family donates $10.9 million to USF Updated: Aug-28-15 3:07 am
TAMPA, Florida - The University of South Florida's Muma College of Business got a $10.9 million shot in the arm that will put the names of Barry and Dana Collier atop the college's student success program.
- Tampa Bay bullpen helps end Twins' 6-game winning streak Updated: Aug-27-15 10:18 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Relievers Brandon Gomes, Alex Colome and Brad Boxberger combined for 4 2-3 scoreless innings and the Tampa Bay Rays ended Minnesota's six-game winning streak, beating the Twins 5-4 on Thursday night.
- Barth rejoins Buccaneers after being released in Denver Updated: Aug-27-15 6:36 pm
- Judge recommends disbarment for lawyers in shock jock trial Updated: Aug-27-15 3:31 pm
CLEARWATER, Florida - A judge has recommended permanent disbarment for three Tampa lawyers accused of orchestrating the DUI arrest of a rival attorney.
- Gautier arrests lead to federal case of fake credit cards Updated: Aug-27-15 5:29 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Federal prosecutors say three Florida residents have admitted to producing and using fake credit cards in crimes reported in Mississippi and elsewhere.