- Cost of airport parking going up in Tampa Updated: Jul-06-15 3:53 am
TAMPA, Florida - The cost of parking at Tampa International Airport is going up.
- Historic Tampa cigar factory destroyed in fire Updated: Jul-05-15 12:07 pm
TAMPA, Florida - A historic Tampa cigar factory has been destroyed in a fire.
- Boxberger 9th-inning error sinks Rays in 3-2 loss to Yankees Updated: Jul-04-15 7:04 pm
NEW YORK - Brad Boxberger picked up the ball on a ninth-inning bunt and threw wildly to first. By the time second baseman Jake Elmore's throw reached home, the Tampa Bay Rays' losing streak had stretched to seven games.
- DeLand hospital testing new snake anti-venom Updated: Jul-04-15 1:38 am
DELAND, Florida - Carl Barden knows what to do when a venomous snake bares its fangs.
- Aviles' 10th-inning homer gives Indians sweep of Rays Updated: Jul-02-15 5:54 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Cleveland Indians are feeling a little better about themselves.
- RW Erik Condra signs 3-year contract with Lightning Updated: Jul-02-15 3:56 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Free agent right wing Erik Condra has signed a three-year contract with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Tampa woman pleads guilty to wire fraud Updated: Jul-02-15 11:53 am
TAMPA, Florida - A 45-year-old Tampa woman has pleaded guilty one count of wire fraud in connection with embezzling from a church.
- Attorney General Bondi discusses oil spill settlement Updated: Jul-02-15 10:20 am
TAMPA, Florida - Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi says a settlement with oil company BP prevents going down a "black hole" of litigation.
- Indians' Carrasco loses no-hitter with 2 outs in 9th vs Rays Updated: Jul-01-15 9:56 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Carlos Carrasco of the Cleveland Indians has lost his no-hit bid with two outs in the ninth inning.
- 9-year-old Tampa area boy shot in face after sneaking gun Updated: Jul-01-15 5:56 pm
PLANT CITY, Florida - Tampa Bay area authorities say a 9-year-old boy was seriously injured when he was shot in the cheek as he and his brother were handling a handgun in their house.
- Tampa police attempt to combat rising violence Updated: Jul-01-15 3:04 am
TAMPA, Florida - Police will use federal grant money to increase patrols in East Tampa and West Tampa to aid in the department's fight against a surge in violence this year.
- Rays sign first-round draft pick Garrett Whitley Updated: Jun-30-15 6:51 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Tampa Bay Rays have signed first-round pick Garrett Whitley, the 13th overall selection in this year's baseball draft.
- Ortiz, Sandoval and De Aza homer as Red Sox beat Rays 5-3 Updated: Jun-28-15 5:56 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - If there's a secret to Boston's success against Chris Archer, the Red Sox aren't eager to share it.
- Rays call up OF Grady Sizemore Updated: Jun-28-15 12:21 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Tampa Bay Rays have purchased the contract of three-time All-Star Grady Sizemore from Class A Charlotte.
- Bucs quarterback Jameis Winston: 'I'm just moving forward' Updated: Jun-26-15 3:05 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Jameis Winston knows there are always eyes on him - watching, dissecting and waiting for him to make a mistake.
- US Rep. wants to replace Confederate statue in Capitol Updated: Jun-25-15 3:04 am
TAMPA, Florida - Rep. Kathy Castor wants a Confederate general to be removed from Statuary Hall at the U.S. Capitol, saying there are better representatives of the state of Florida.
- Estrada loses perfect game in 8th, Jays beat Rays 1-0 in 12 Updated: Jun-24-15 11:51 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Marco Estrada made a run at history for the second consecutive start and came up just short again.
- Carey Price wins Hart, Vezina, Lindsay honors at NHL Awards Updated: Jun-24-15 10:44 pm
LAS VEGAS - Carey Price came away from the NHL Awards show with a hat trick.
- Seminole Tribe: We won't close down blackjack at casinos Updated: Jun-24-15 6:47 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Seminole Tribe of Florida told Gov. Rick Scott and other state officials on Wednesday that it will keep blackjack and other card games in place at its casinos despite the looming end of a deal the tribe inked five years ago.
- Blue Jays' Estrada loses perfect game bid in 8th inning Updated: Jun-24-15 2:27 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Toronto Blue Jays right-hander Marco Estrada lost his bid for a perfect game with one out in the eighth inning when Tampa Bay's Logan Forsythe had an infield single.
- Bishop hits 4 BP homers before Rays game Updated: Jun-23-15 7:45 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop can hit the long ball, too.
- Florida man, 85, arrested after explosion rattles neighbors Updated: Jun-23-15 5:20 pm
TARPON SPRINGS, Florida - Police have arrested an 85-year-old man after an explosion in suburban Tampa Bay damaged a home and rattled residents.
- Explosion rattles Tarpon Springs neighborhood, damages home Updated: Jun-23-15 4:52 am
TARPON SPRINGS, Florida - Police have arrested an 85-year-old man after an explosion in Tarpon Springs that damaged a home and rattled residents.
- Maddon, Friedman catch up before Cubs host Dodgers Updated: Jun-23-15 1:11 am
CHICAGO - A year ago, Joe Maddon and Andrew Friedman were in the middle of a miserable start for the Tampa Bay Rays. Fast forward to Monday night, and Maddon and Friedman were catching up in foul territory at Wrigley Field, and the Rays were in Florida.
- Lightning assistant coach George Gwozdecky leaving Updated: Jun-22-15 7:58 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Tampa Bay Lightning assistant coach George Gwozdecky is leaving the team to pursue other opportunities.