- Rays lose 5-1 to Blue Jays despite another strong start Updated: May-01-16 5:54 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Jake Odorizzi became the third straight Tampa Bay starter to limit Toronto to two hits or fewer.
- Stroman allows 1 run, Blue Jays beat Rays 5-1 Updated: May-01-16 5:05 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Marcus Stroman gave himself and the Toronto Blue Jays a birthday gift.
- Police: Well-known Florida couple die in murder-suicide Updated: May-01-16 10:28 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Police say a well-known St. Petersburg couple has died in their home in a murder-suicide.
- Police: Well-known St. Pete couple die in murder-suicide Updated: May-01-16 10:02 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Police say a well-known St. Petersburg couple whose bodies were found in their home died in a murder-suicide.
- Rays beat Blue Jays 4-3 on Casali's walkoff hit Updated: Apr-30-16 10:59 pm
- Johnson has 2 goals and assist, Lightning beat Islanders 4-1 Updated: Apr-30-16 7:51 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Tyler Johnson continues to have postseason success.
- Buccaneers make improving defense priority of NFL draft Updated: Apr-30-16 7:10 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers feel they're closer to assembling the talent necessary to become relevant again.
- Florida woman accused of stealing from summer food program Updated: Apr-30-16 11:42 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A Florida woman is accused of stealing thousands of dollars from a summer feeding program for low-income children.
- 4 young runaways found sneaking back into Florida facility Updated: Apr-29-16 8:34 pm
BRANDON, Florida - Four girls who apparently ran away from a facility for foster children near Tampa were found safe as they tried to sneak back onto the same property, authorities said Friday.
- The Latest: 4 girls found safe trying to sneak into facility Updated: Apr-29-16 8:29 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Latest on four girls who ran away from a foster home near Tampa, Florida. (all times local):
- Lawsuit: Tampa strip club owes dancers $3.7 million Updated: Apr-29-16 7:52 am
TAMPA, Florida - Dancers and "door girls" have filed a class action lawsuit against a Tampa, Florida, strip club, claiming they're owed some $3.7 million in unpaid wages.
- NFL Draft: Players selected in the first round Updated: Apr-28-16 11:44 pm
The players selected in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night in Chicago:
- Activists seek independent probe of Florida teens' drownings Updated: Apr-28-16 2:08 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - A coalition of activist groups is calling for an outside investigation of the drownings of three teenage girls who were fleeing from Florida sheriff's deputies.
- Deputies find body of 2-year-old boy in pond near his home Updated: Apr-28-16 12:19 pm
HUDSON, Florida - A massive search for a 2-year-old Florida boy ended tragically when deputies found his body in a pond about 150 yards from his home in the Tampa Bay area.
- Rickard's three-run homer lifts Orioles over Rays 3-1 Updated: Apr-27-16 10:03 pm
- More blacks than whites got tickets while bicycling in Tampa Updated: Apr-26-16 3:27 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Black bicyclists in Tampa were more likely than whites to be stopped and ticketed by police, the U.S. Justice Department said Tuesday, adding that the citations didn't reduce crime in the city.
- Driver on sidewalk kills Florida college softball player Updated: Apr-26-16 2:18 pm
HUDSON, Florida - A 19-year-old college softball player is dead after being struck by a car that went onto a sidewalk north of Tampa.
- Doctor: Dad accused of tossing child off bridge incompetent Updated: Apr-26-16 10:50 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - A doctor says a 26-year-old Florida man charged with killing his young daughter by throwing her off a bridge over Tampa Bay remains incompetent to stand trial.
- DOJ releases bike citation racial disparity report in Tampa Updated: Apr-26-16 4:11 am
TAMPA, Florida - The U.S. Justice Department will release its report on apparent racial disparities in the Tampa Police Department's issuance of bicycle citations.
- Gausman back from DL, Flaherty optioned to Triple-A Updated: Apr-25-16 6:32 pm
ST. PETERSBURG. Fla. - The Baltimore Orioles have reinstated right-hander Kevin Gausman from the 15-day disabled list and optioned infielder Ryan Flaherty to Triple-A Norfolk.
- Drunken driver gets 30 years for killing popular chef Updated: Apr-25-16 6:32 pm
CLEARWATER, Florida - A drunk driver who hit and killed a popular St. Petersburg chef walking home from work has been sentenced to 30 years in prison.
- Man arrested, accused of shooting father in front of kids Updated: Apr-25-16 3:16 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Authorities say a St. Petersburg man has been jailed on charges that he killed a man in front of the victim's kids outside a barber shop.
- Kings' Vincent Lecavalier to retire after 17-year NHL career Updated: Apr-24-16 4:25 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Vincent Lecavalier intends to retire this summer, ending his 17-year NHL career after one last revitalizing season with the Los Angeles Kings.
- Rescued circus tiger from Peru gets new life at sanctuary Updated: Apr-23-16 9:46 am
MIAMI - A circus tiger from Peru is heading to his new home at a rescue facility in Tampa.
- Quine wins it in 2nd OT, Islanders top Panthers 2-1 Updated: Apr-23-16 1:43 am
SUNRISE, Florida - Alan Quine was a newborn when the New York Islanders last won a playoff series. He spent most of this season in the minors. His NHL debut was a mere two weeks ago, the team adding him to the roster as an emergency callup.