- Cardinals acquire minor league outfielder from Royals Updated: May-25-16 12:41 pm
- 2 face federal indictment, alleging drug-related killing Updated: May-25-16 6:46 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Two Kansas City, Missouri, men are accused in federal court of carrying out a killing as part of a drug-related plot.
- Probe: Missteps factor in 2 Kansas City firefighters' deaths Updated: May-24-16 8:16 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The deaths of two Kansas City, Missouri, firefighters during a wall collapse last year was partly due to the department's culture of aggressive fire suppression, the department concluded in an internal report released Tuesday.
- Kansas City streetcar running again after derailment Updated: May-24-16 9:14 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City's fledgling streetcar operation is running again after experiencing its first major glitch.
- Independence man sent to prison for $247K theft from company Updated: May-24-16 8:52 am
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - A former financial comptroller for a North Kansas City company has been sentenced to two years and three months in federal prison for embezzling more than $247,000.
- Kansas City, Kansas, police identify fatal shooting victim Updated: May-24-16 8:27 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Police say an 18-year-old man was the victim of a fatal Kansas City, Kansas, shooting.
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Ron Mix admits felony tax fraud Updated: May-23-16 4:29 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Pro Football Hall of Fame Member Ron Mix faces up to three years in federal prison after pleading guilty in Missouri to a felony tax-fraud charge.
- Man dies after being shot in northeast Kansas City, Kan. Updated: May-23-16 7:21 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A man has died from injuries suffered in a weekend shooting in Kansas City, Kansas.
- Burlington woman collects, creates dolls by the dozens Updated: May-22-16 11:02 am
BURLINGTON, Iowa - The dolls don't talk, of course.
- Audit says Kansas City police could save money with vehicles Updated: May-21-16 3:08 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Police Department is disputing a city audit report that found the department's vehicle take-home vehicle program recently cost about $1.5 million.
- Man convicted of setting fire that killed daughter, friend Updated: May-21-16 11:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A suburban Kansas City man has been convicted of setting a house fire that killed his 14-month-old daughter and an adult.
- Missouri patrol trooper, suspect injured in shooting Updated: May-21-16 11:18 am
NORTH KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Missouri State Highway Patrol trooper and a suspect he was trying to arrest are hospitalized with gunshot wounds after a confrontation at a casino parking garage.
- Missouri plans to seek death penalty for Mexican national Updated: May-20-16 7:22 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Missouri prosecutors on Friday filed their formal plan to pursue the death penalty against a Mexican national in the shooting death of a man a day after he allegedly killed four people in Kansas.
- Former Army officer accused of illegally having grenades Updated: May-20-16 4:43 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Federal prosecutors charged a former U.S. Army explosives expert on Friday with illegally possessing grenades that they said were among a cache of explosives that investigators found in his Kansas home.
- Ex-NFL player launching site to honor Joplin tornado victim Updated: May-20-16 2:45 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Former Kansas City Chiefs long snapper Kendall Gammon is launching a social media site inspired by a Joplin tornado victim on the fifth anniversary of the deadly twister.
- Kansas City man convicted of role in home invasion killing Updated: May-20-16 12:07 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City, Missouri, man faces life in prison after being found guilty of playing a role in a 2011 home invasion that killed a man and critically wounded a woman.
- Police at the scene of shooting death in east Kansas City Updated: May-20-16 11:14 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Police are investigating a homicide in Kansas City.
- Baby, woman fall from car after Kansas City shoplifting Updated: May-20-16 8:00 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Authorities say a 4-month-old baby and a woman have fallen from a moving car after a reported shoplifting in Kansas City.
- Former Merriam city official pleads guilty to misconduct Updated: May-19-16 1:39 pm
MERRIAM, Kansas - A fired suburban Kansas City public works director has pleaded guilty to stealing fuel.
- Census shows growth in Columbia, decline in St. Louis Updated: May-19-16 1:15 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The latest population estimates indicate Columbia has overtaken Independence as Missouri's fourth-largest city.
- Red Sox beat Royals 5-2 for split of day-night doubleheader Updated: May-19-16 12:08 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - David Price did exactly what the Boston Red Sox expected when they signed him to a $217 million deal.
- Claim Prince as father? Be ready to give some blood Updated: May-18-16 6:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - When Prince died suddenly in April, he left behind no known children. That has his sibling and half siblings lining up in probate court for their shares of a fortune certain to run into the millions, with great earning potential. Yet it's still possible that an unknown heir may emerge. A Colorado prison inmate has already filed a paternity claim, and the Minnesota court overseeing Prince's estate has set up a process to vet that and any others. Some questions and answers on paternity claims in Minnesota:
- Slain Kansas detective's handcuffs to be used on suspect Updated: May-18-16 5:47 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Colleagues of a slain Kansas police detective say the late officer's handcuffs will be used on the man charged in the killing when the suspect is released from the hospital.
- Missouri heart doctor admits misdiagnosing to defraud Updated: May-18-16 1:29 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Missouri doctor has admitted in federal court that he purposely misdiagnosed more than a dozen patients to get unwarranted payments on health-care claims.
- 18-year-old accused in Kansas City shooting death Updated: May-17-16 6:29 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City, Missouri, 18-year-old is accused of fatally shooting a suburban father who had been trying to sell a gun on a grocery store's parking lot.