- AP Source: Chiefs reach deal with 2nd-round pick Chris Jones Updated: May-05-16 7:07 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs and second-round draft pick Chris Jones have agreed to terms on a contract, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press on Thursday.
- World Series champ Royals get day off in midst of slump Updated: May-05-16 3:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals hadn't been hitting lately.
- Police investigate deadly shooting in Kansas City Updated: May-05-16 8:52 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Police say a man has been killed in a Kansas City shooting.
- Kansas City streetcars making comeback after 6-decade hiatus Updated: May-05-16 1:44 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Six decades after Kansas City shuttered one of the nation's largest streetcar networks, a modern but much smaller version is set to open in its central business district - a project supporters say already has spurred hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of downtown development.
- Royals pounded by Nats 13-2 in interleague defeat Updated: May-04-16 6:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kris Medlen got pounded off the mound in the third inning. Eric Hosmer got tossed in the sixth.
- Nationals rout Royals 13-2 to take interleague series Updated: May-04-16 6:10 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Stephen Strasburg likes to time his journey from the bullpen to the dugout before a game to minimize the time he has to sit on the bench before getting in the game.
- Missouri auction of seized vehicles raises more than $1.4M Updated: May-04-16 2:41 pm
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - A fleet of expensive cars and motorcycles seized from a Kansas City-area accountant has sold for more than $1.4 million.
- Woman, child die in northeast Kansas crash Updated: May-04-16 8:53 am
OTTAWA, Kansas - Authorities say a woman and a boy have died in a crash on Interstate 35 in northeast Kansas.
- Papelbon blows save as Nationals lose to Royals, 7-6 Updated: May-04-16 12:14 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Dusty Baker has seen the Kansas City Royals mount plenty of improbable comebacks in recent years.
- Former VA police officer accused of molesting Kansas girls Updated: May-03-16 7:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A former police officer for the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Kansas City, Missouri, is accused of sexually abusing two girls in Kansas.
- Mayor: Effort to reconfigure Kansas City airport on hold Updated: May-03-16 6:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City residents will not vote this year on whether to build a new, single-terminal airport because most citizens oppose the idea, Mayor Sly James said Tuesday.
- Chiefs cut safety Wilson, linebacker Gordon to create space Updated: May-03-16 5:55 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs waived safety Jimmy Wilson and linebacker Cameron Gordon on Tuesday as they massaged their roster following the NFL draft and the signing of undrafted free agents.
- Historic building in suburban Kansas City collapses Updated: May-03-16 11:38 am
LIBERTY, Missouri - Authorities say a building has partially collapsed on the historic square in the Kansas City suburb of Liberty.
- Suspended Kansas lawyer sentenced for mishandling trust Updated: May-03-16 7:06 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A suspended Kansas City, Kansas, lawyer has been sentenced for misappropriating money from a disabled man's trust fund.
- Chiefs exercise fifth-year option on LT Eric Fisher Updated: May-02-16 5:12 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs have exercised their fifth-year option on left tackle Eric Fisher, which means the former No. 1 overall draft pick is scheduled to make $11.9 million during the 2017 season.
- Tiny houses in Kansas City to serve homeless veterans Updated: May-02-16 2:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A group of military veterans hopes to build small homes for struggling and homeless veterans on a vacant piece of land in Kansas City.
- Chiefs gamble on trio of players with background questions Updated: May-01-16 9:24 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs have put as much faith in their off-the-field detective work as their between-the-lines scouting the past few years, and the result has been draft gems such as Marcus Peters.
- Chiefs begin adding depth with trio of 4th-round draft picks Updated: Apr-30-16 5:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Eric Murray grew up in Milwaukee and played college football at Minnesota, so one might assume that the physical cornerback would consider the Packers or Vikings his favorite NFL team.
- 14-foot Royals mannequin surfaces after theft from billboard Updated: Apr-29-16 4:25 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A 14-foot mannequin of a Royals player that was stolen from a billboard is safe at home in Kansas City.
- Unexpected friendship forms in Kansas City hospice Updated: Apr-29-16 2:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Jen Moss took to Jody Wooton from the first moments they met.
- Thieves steal 14-foot-tall Royals cutout from billboard Updated: Apr-28-16 5:16 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Thieves took mischief to new heights when they absconded with a 14-foot-tall cutout of a Kansas City Royals from a billboard near the franchise's hometown.
- Kansas City man charged in death of child, 2 Updated: Apr-27-16 6:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A 24-year-old Kansas City man faces a second-degree murder charge in the death of his 2-year-old daughter who authorities said died from an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- Kansas City diocese holds service for sexual abuse healing Updated: Apr-27-16 4:32 pm
LIBERTY, Missouri - About 100 Kansas City-area worshippers have participated in a Catholic prayer service to seek spiritual healing over past sexual abuse within the local archdiocese.
- H&R Block cuts 250 jobs, citing disappointing tax season Updated: Apr-27-16 9:56 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - H&R Block says it's laying off 250 workers, citing a disappointing tax season.
- Bishop appointed for Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau Updated: Apr-26-16 8:34 am
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - The Catholic Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau is getting a new bishop.