- TriWest Healthcare plans to hire 500 people in Kansas City Updated: Jul-31-15 5:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - An Arizona-based health care services company for the military plans to open a service center in Kansas City and hire 500 employees.
- The Latest: Cespedes, Haren, Revere traded at MLB's deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 5:04 pm
NEW YORK - Here are the latest developments as Major League Baseball hits a deadline Friday for trades where players do not first have to pass through waivers (all times Eastern):
- Group wants ballot measure seeking $15 an hour minimum wage Updated: Jul-31-15 11:28 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City coalition of civil rights and social justice organizations says the city's plan to raise the minimum wage to $13 an hour by 2020 doesn't go far enough and is demanding a November vote on pushing it to $15.
- Pirates get reliever Soria from Tigers for minor leaguer Updated: Jul-30-15 8:26 pm
- Pirates designate Worley to make room for reliever Blanton Updated: Jul-30-15 5:29 pm
CINCINNATI - Vance Worley was excited when he found out that former teammate Joe Blanton would be joining the Pittsburgh Pirates' bullpen. He was surprised at what came next.
- Appeals court upholds convictions in Petro America case Updated: Jul-30-15 4:34 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A federal appeals court panel has upheld the convictions of five people for bilking mostly poor investors out of millions of dollars with promises that they could become wealthy beyond their wildest dreams by spending as little as $100.
- Royals trade Joe Blanton to Pirates for cash Updated: Jul-30-15 1:08 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals have traded right-hander Joe Blanton to the Pittsburgh Pirates for cash considerations.
- Chiefs safety Eric Berry back at practice after cancer fight Updated: Jul-29-15 5:12 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - There was a moment in the early stages of chemotherapy when Eric Berry was having breakfast with his father, and the enormity of what faced him was so great that he broke down and cried.
- Indians avoid winless homestand, beat Royals 12-1 Updated: Jul-29-15 5:03 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Indians found the perfect way to avoid a winless homestand.
- Chiefs' Berry to practice 8 months after cancer diagnosis Updated: Jul-29-15 2:47 am
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Eight months after getting the stunning news that he had cancer, Chiefs Pro Bowl safety was expected back on the practice field Wednesday, a day after doctors gave him the all-clear.
- Chiefs Pro Bowl DT Dontari Poe out after back surgery Updated: Jul-28-15 11:53 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs are facing a potentially devastating loss on defense, even though training camp doesn't begin for veterans until this weekend.
- Royals acquire versatile Ben Zobrist from A's Updated: Jul-28-15 9:29 pm
CLEVELAND - Back in college, Ben Zobrist once kicked Ned Yost out of his apartment.
- Man sentenced to 15 years for secretly recording young girls Updated: Jul-28-15 7:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A suburban Kansas City man who followed women around area retail stores so he could secretly record videos up their skirts was sentenced Tuesday to 15 years in federal prison for attempting to produce child pornography.
- Missouri River race to St. Louis begins Updated: Jul-28-15 9:41 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - About 600 paddlers are headed east down the Missouri River to St. Charles for the start of the Missouri 340 race.
- Woman, 95, dies after being hit by car in Kansas City Updated: Jul-27-15 12:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A 95-year-old woman has died after being struck by a car that was backing out of a parking place in Kansas City.
- Royals get Cueto in trade with Reds Updated: Jul-26-15 9:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals acquired Johnny Cueto in a trade with Cincinnati on Sunday, sending three prospects to the Reds for a legitimate ace for the front of their beleaguered rotation.
- Astros lose 5-1 to Royals, set to face Angels in key series Updated: Jul-26-15 7:18 pm
- Royals celebrate Cueto deal with 5-1 victory over Astros Updated: Jul-26-15 6:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - This was one nice day for Kansas City's rotation.
- Missouri man accused of killing father during argument Updated: Jul-26-15 4:29 pm
GRANDVIEW, Missouri - A suburban Kansas City man is charged with second-degree murder in the death of his 75-year-old father.
- Fundraising for medical campus in Joplin more than half done Updated: Jul-26-15 2:30 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - Supporters of a new medical campus to Joplin say they have raised more than two-thirds of the money needed to open the school next year.
- Group wants to build tiny house village in Kansas City Updated: Jul-26-15 12:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A nonprofit group says it would like to build a neighborhood village of tiny houses somewhere in Kansas City and city planning officials are interested in hearing more details.
- 2 killed, 3 injured after shooting at Kansas City party Updated: Jul-26-15 11:39 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police are investigating a shooting at a family party that left two people dead and three others injured.
- Astros make room for LHP Kazmir, send OF Hoes to Triple-A Updated: Jul-24-15 6:49 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Houston Astros have cleared roster space for newly acquired pitcher Scott Kazmir by optioning outfielder L.J. Hoes to Triple-A Fresno.
- Royals recall INF Cuthbert from Triple-A, send down Coleman Updated: Jul-24-15 4:12 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals have recalled infielder Cheslor Cuthbert from Triple-A Omaha and sent down infielder Dusty Coleman.
- Chiefs cornerback Smith suspended 3 games for DUI arrest Updated: Jul-24-15 12:39 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Chiefs cornerback Sean Smith will miss the first three games of the regular season, including matchups against the Broncos' Peyton Manning and Packers' Aaron Rodgers, after he was suspended Friday for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.