- Mormons gather to discuss race issues within faith Updated: Oct-09-15 7:15 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - African-American Mormons discussed the ongoing challenges of belonging to a predominantly white religion Friday during a university conference designed to address the status of blacks in the faith.
- Utah lawmaker pleads guilty to fraud charge, resigns Updated: Oct-09-15 6:41 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - In a surprise move, a Utah state lawmaker pleaded guilty to fraud and resigned Friday, acknowledging he took about $24,000 in campaign money from his former boss, the mayor of Salt Lake County.
- Feds investigating sex assault claim at Westminster College Updated: Oct-09-15 12:03 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Federal investigators are coming to Salt Lake City to probe allegations that Westminster College officials didn't do enough to protect a student who reported a sexual assault in 2013.
- North Salt Lake considers restricting steep slope building Updated: Oct-09-15 5:01 am
NORTH SALT LAKE, Utah - A northern Utah city is considering restricting construction on some steep slopes after a landslide crushed a home there more than a year ago.
- Salt Lake City mayoral candidates square off in debate Updated: Oct-08-15 6:47 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker and challenger Jackie Biskupski squared off in a debate Thursday that covered issues ranging from the renovation of the airport to police dealings with the homeless.
- Prosecutors: Man posed as agent to get VIP Comic Con passes Updated: Oct-08-15 3:03 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Prosecutors say a Utah man posed as a federal agent in an attempt to get VIP tickets to a Comic Con event in Salt Lake City.
- Utah most wanted fugitive found after suspected crime spree Updated: Oct-08-15 12:09 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Police say they have arrested one of the most wanted fugitives in the Salt Lake City metro with the help of a K-9 officer.
- Dinosaur National Monument's wall of bones now online Updated: Oct-08-15 5:01 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The two-story wall of dinosaur bones at Dinosaur National Monument is now online.
- Salt Lake County OKs pet sale ban aimed at puppy mills Updated: Oct-07-15 4:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Salt Lake County has banned the sale of commercially bred dogs, cats and rabbits in pet stores, joining a growing number of cities around the country in a step designed to reduce the number of pets born in inhumane conditions.
- Medicaid plan gets first public hearing but no vote yet Updated: Oct-06-15 10:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - State lawmakers held the first public hearing Tuesday evening on a new plan to help thousands of Utah's poor get health insurance by expanding Medicaid. They didn't take any action on the plan, however, after hearing hours of testimony from doctors, advocates for the poor and more.
- Utah cites Warren Jeff as reason polygamy should be illegal Updated: Oct-06-15 5:41 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah prosecutors are invoking jailed polygamous leader Warren Jeffs as proof that plural marriage should be illegal in the state as they make arguments in a case brought by the stars of reality TV show "Sister Wives."
- Man accused in triple homicide appears in court Updated: Oct-06-15 4:47 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A man who authorities said tried to blame his mother after he killed two adult boarders and a baby because they wouldn't move out of his house appeared in court Tuesday via a video hookup on murder charges that could carry the death penalty.
- Police investigating death of woman found after fight Updated: Oct-06-15 12:29 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Police are investigating the death of a woman found inside her camp trailer after an argument with her boyfriend.
- Fremont man killed in family fight was probably strangled Updated: Oct-06-15 11:50 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Police say a man killed by his teenage nephew in southern Utah was probably strangled.
- No. 5 Utah plugging away despite newfound national attention Updated: Oct-05-15 11:27 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Kyle Whittingham has felt like the boy in the bubble since No. 5 Utah beat Oregon and shot up the polls. The Utes went from being a plucky team with a nasty defense to being considered one of the best in the country. They moved up five spots without playing last week as No. 14 Ole Miss, No. 19 Georgia, No. 15 Notre Dame and No. 20 UCLA all fell out of the Top 10.
- 2 college flight instructors dead in Utah plane crash Updated: Oct-05-15 7:36 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Two college flight instructors are dead after a small plane crash in southern Utah.
- Bomb squad disposes of explosives found at 2 houses Updated: Oct-05-15 6:19 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Police say two Salt Lake City residents found explosives at their homes in separate incidents that both ended safely.
- The Latest: 'Christianity is under attack,' Mormons told Updated: Oct-03-15 2:09 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The latest on developments at the Mormon Conference, held twice a year to give guidance, inspiration and news from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (all times local):
- Warren Jeffs' son opens up about secretive polygamous sect Updated: Oct-02-15 10:05 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A son of jailed polygamous leader Warren Jeffs describes how he was manipulated, shuffled around the country and assigned to work crews to atone for his perceived transgressions before leaving the sect last year.
- Salt Lake County again accepting bids for convention hotel Updated: Oct-02-15 5:26 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Salt Lake County is once again accepting applications from developers to build a large hotel near downtown Salt Lake City's convention center.
- Elizabeth Smart to speak at World Congress of Families event Updated: Oct-02-15 11:49 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Elizabeth Smart will be one of a host of speakers at a conservative conference in Salt Lake City this fall that has drawn opposition from LGBT groups.
- Hikers in Salt Lake City find decomposing body off trail Updated: Oct-02-15 5:08 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Police are investigating after hikers found a decomposing body near a popular Salt Lake City trail.
- Officials: Utah man killed 3 because they wouldn't move out Updated: Oct-01-15 4:33 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Salt Lake City man told police he shot three people staying at his house, including a baby, because they wouldn't move out, prosecutors said Thursday.
- Body found in Utah in 1978 identified as California woman Updated: Oct-01-15 4:14 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Police say new DNA tests have identified the body of a California woman found at a central Utah reservoir nearly 40 years ago.
- DNA tests: Skull found in 1996 was that of slain Nevada boy Updated: Oct-01-15 2:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - DNA tests have shown that a skull found at a Utah lake nearly two decades ago was that of a 4-year-old boy killed in Reno, Nevada, authorities said.