- Man killed, other injured in southwest Birmingham shooting Updated: Apr-30-16 2:21 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Police say a man has been killed and another was seriously injured after a shooting in southwest Birmingham neighborhood.
- Alabama court upholds 4 death sentences Updated: Apr-29-16 4:10 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals has upheld the death sentence of a man convicted of killing three Birmingham police officers more than a decade ago.
- Dog missing 10 years found in Alabama, returning to owner Updated: Apr-29-16 10:14 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Tracy Dove assumed the worst after her 1-year-old dog named Charlie disappeared in 2006. Days without the animal turned into years, and Dove figured the brown-and-white pointer was dead.
- Birmingham Water Works board spat brings Senate to a halt Updated: Apr-28-16 6:06 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A heated disagreement over a municipal water works board bill led to an early adjournment of the Alabama Senate.
- Federal lawsuit challenges Alabama minimum wage law Updated: Apr-28-16 5:31 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A federal lawsuit was filed Thursday challenging a state law that blocked Birmingham city leaders from implementing a planned minimum wage increase.
- Alabama legislature passes medical marijuana oil bill Updated: Apr-27-16 9:16 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama legislature on Wednesday voted to decriminalize medicinal marijuana oil possession.
- Historic renovation tax credits could expire this year Updated: Apr-25-16 5:42 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A state tax break for renovating historic buildings that some say sparked a downtown renaissance in Birmingham and other cities will be coming to an end next month unless lawmakers agree to extend the program in the final days of the legislative session.
- Shooting outside Birmingham lounge leaves 1 dead, 1 wounded Updated: Apr-25-16 9:56 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Police in Birmingham say an overnight shooting has left one man dead and another person wounded.
- Alabama ministry rescues women raped at UN camps in Africa Updated: Apr-24-16 9:01 am
CHELSEA, Alabama - An Alabama ministry has rescued several women who say they were raped by South Sudanese soldiers at camps run by the United Nations in Africa.
- Donors keep young doctors in Montgomery Updated: Apr-23-16 1:57 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Virginia Whitfield pauses, then apologizes for getting so passionate.
- Birmingham to light City Hall purple as tribute to Prince Updated: Apr-22-16 9:06 am
BIRMINGHAH, Alabama - City officials say they plan to illuminate Birmingham City Hall and surrounding city buildings in purple light as a tribute to Prince.
- Woman found guilty of felony murder in drug dealer slaying Updated: Apr-22-16 4:19 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A 21-year-old woman has been found guilty of felony murder in the 2013 slaying of a Birmingham man who authorities said was a drug dealer.
- Xavier's men's basketball coach quits for UAB assistant post Updated: Apr-21-16 5:07 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Xavier University of Louisiana is looking for a new men's basketball coach.
- Authorities: Ohatchee man dies after being shot by brother Updated: Apr-20-16 6:04 am
OHATCHEE, Alabama - A 34-year-old Ohatchee man has died less than two weeks after his brother was accused of shooting him during an argument.
- Arkansas women's golfers finish 3rd at SEC tournament Updated: Apr-18-16 8:52 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas' women's golf team finished third in this weekend's Southeastern Conference tournament played at Birmingham, Alabama.
- Man fatally shot at auto repair shop in Birmingham Updated: Apr-17-16 2:06 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Police say a man has been shot to death at an auto repair shop in Birmingham.
- Centennial Tree Program gives Birmingham's forests a boost Updated: Apr-17-16 10:01 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Even in some of the more developed parts of Birmingham, there are dozens if not hundreds of trees that have been around longer than the city itself.
- Police: Teen shot by homeowner during burglary attempt Updated: Apr-16-16 3:08 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Police say a 16-year-old boy suffered non-life threatening injuries after being shot by a homeowner during a burglary in central Alabama.
- 2 girls rescued after roof collapses on them in Birmingham Updated: Apr-15-16 4:11 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Two young girls have been rescued after a roof collapsed while they were visiting their grandparents in Birmingham.
- Father of boy taken from mom in 2002 gets 4 years in prison Updated: Apr-13-16 4:54 pm
CLEVELAND - A teenager who learned last fall while applying for college that his life had been based on lies and deceit asked a judge in Cleveland on Wednesday to not send his father to prison for abducting him from his mother's Alabama home in 2002 when he was 5.
- Alabama man tracks down owner of long lost documents Updated: Apr-13-16 6:40 am
PALM COAST, Florida - A voicemail message from Asheville, Alabama, led to a central Florida man getting back his long lost documents.
- Dice game argument leads to shooting death of Birmingham man Updated: Apr-12-16 1:00 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham police say they're investigating the killing of a 20-year-old man, shot to death after an argument over a dice game.
- Smylie Kaufman surprising Masters contender - to some Updated: Apr-09-16 8:54 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Smylie Kaufman still lives at his parents' Alabama home, has a loyal following at tournaments that often consists of mom or dad and has eaten dinner every night this week at his family's Augusta rental.
- Physician sentenced after illegally dispensing painkillers Updated: Apr-08-16 4:55 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A physician in central Alabama has been sentenced to 30 months in prison after illegally dispensing narcotic painkillers without legitimate medical reason, prosecutors said.
- UAB to research pig-to-human kidney transplants Updated: Apr-08-16 3:00 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The University of Alabama at Birmingham is joining a select group of schools that are researching the possibility of using genetically modified pig tissue for human kidney transplants.