- The Latest: Nobel Peace Prize to be announced in Oslo Updated: Oct-09-15 4:13 am
OSLO, Norway - The latest developments in the awarding of the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize. All times local.
- Merkel, Zerai, Pope Francis all in Nobel Peace Prize buzz Updated: Oct-08-15 12:19 pm
OSLO, Norway - Europe's record-breaking refugee crisis was a hot topic ahead of the Nobel Peace Prize announcement on Friday, but a Saudi blogger, a pope who reveres the Earth and its poorest people and the key players in the Iranian nuclear deal were also generating buzz.
- Nobel official's behind-scenes book overshadows peace prize Updated: Oct-02-15 9:24 am
STAVANGER, Norway - A book detailing the secret tussles behind some of the most controversial Nobel Peace Prizes in the last quarter century is having its own disruptive effect on the 2015 award.
- China sends Europe coveted new exports: Jobs, investment Updated: Oct-01-15 4:14 am
LISBON, Portugal - When two Chinese companies appeared among the bidders to buy a troubled Portuguese bank this year, its staff took heart.
- Q&A: Abbas warning to Israel blunted by lack of specifics Updated: Sep-30-15 4:07 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - President Mahmoud Abbas seemingly made good on his threat to drop a "bombshell" in Wednesday's speech to the U.N. General Assembly when he declared that the Palestinians cannot continue to be bound by 20-year-old security and economic agreements with Israel.
- Nobel official: Obama peace prize didn't have desired effect Updated: Sep-16-15 4:27 pm
STAVANGER, Norway - In a break with Nobel tradition, the former secretary of the Nobel Peace Prize committee says the 2009 award to President Barack Obama failed to live up to the panel's expectations.
- IS claims to hold Norwegian, Chinese captives Updated: Sep-09-15 8:56 pm
CAIRO - The Islamic State group on Wednesday claimed to be holding a Norwegian man and a Chinese consultant hostage and demanded ransom for their release.
- Minot delegation says connections made on Norway trade trip Updated: Sep-09-15 8:44 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Members of a Minot trade delegation who visited Norway in August say they made significant business connections with major agricultural and energy firms.